Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichgan241
Stranger
 User Gallery
would this cloning tek work? (blender)
    #17869678 - 02/26/13 02:53 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

The way things are going I think my best 1/2 pint BRF jar will be fruiting around the time my first quart WBS jar is ready for g2g.  I have 9 quarts of WBS PC'd so i figured id split the AA+ jar to 5, then pick the biggest/best fruit from my cake cutting the cap off to take a print taking the stem and putting it into a jar with 100ml of water and attatching the blender and pulsing 4-5 times then using that slurry to knock up the other 4 jars.  As long as i only use the stem that is essentially a clone right? 

this would be done in a SAB.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: would this cloning tek work? (blender) [Re: michgan241]
    #17869698 - 02/26/13 02:55 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

michgan241 said:

:lolsy:

could it work?

yes.

will you get it to work?

i dont think so.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #17869710 - 02/26/13 02:57 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

michgan241 said:
As long as i only use the stem that is essentially a clone right? 

Yes, but even in a still air box, that stem is full of contams.

Now what you could do is bring the stem into the SAB, then rip it long ways and take a small sample from the inside of the stem and transfer this straight to a WBS jar.

Check out the second link in my signature. I did this with 10 jars and only one of them made it without contamming.

I G2Ged the fuck out of it.

Offlinemichgan241
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: would this cloning tek work? (blender) [Re: PussyFart]
    #17869870 - 02/26/13 03:19 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

michgan241 said:
As long as i only use the stem that is essentially a clone right? 

Yes, but even in a still air box, that stem is full of contams.

Now what you could do is bring the stem into the SAB, then rip it long ways and take a small sample from the inside of the stem and transfer this straight to a WBS jar.

Check out the second link in my signature. I did this with 10 jars and only one of them made it without contamming.

I G2Ged the fuck out of it.

your method contammed 9 out of 10? sheesh.  I was hoping for a quick colonizing clone without a bunch of agar work looks like I'll be spitting in the wind.

I am kinda bummed with the colonization times so far but like everyone says patience, patience, patience... then patience.

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #17869956 - 02/26/13 03:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

michgan241 said:
your method contammed 9 out of 10? sheesh. 

Yes, but I was still in my beginning stages, so that might have been my technique as well.

If you get a good clean sample that has never contacted the open air, your success rate just went up.

Offlinemichgan241
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #17871755 - 02/26/13 09:19 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

michgan241 said:
your method contammed 9 out of 10? sheesh. 

Yes, but I was still in my beginning stages, so that might have been my technique as well.

If you get a good clean sample that has never contacted the open air, your success rate just went up.

I'm curious why a SAB would be ok for say G2G but not ok for taking samples from the stem of your fruit?

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #17871780 - 02/26/13 09:24 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Now what you could do is bring the stem into the SAB, then rip it long ways and take a small sample from the inside of the stem and transfer this straight to a WBS jar. transfer this to agar

Cloning needs to be done with agar, as you can see from hacker's success rate.
Ripping the stem and taking a small cut from the center in a SAB is the proper cloning method, but you will want to grow out that culture on agar to ensure it is not laden with contams.

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Offlinemichgan241
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: would this cloning tek work? (blender) [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #17871818 - 02/26/13 09:30 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Now what you could do is bring the stem into the SAB, then rip it long ways and take a small sample from the inside of the stem and transfer this straight to a WBS jar. transfer this to agar

Ripping the stem and taking a small cut from the center in a SAB is the proper cloning method, but you will want to grow out that culture on agar to ensure it is not laden with contams.

gotcha, so once i do get a good contam free clone, could i theoretically use that for the rest of my grows? or will it mutate over time and get all funky/nasty? 

Also as long as i have you here, I have a pftek jar that is sloooow but moving, i put masking tape over my holes then injected, the holes look like thye have almost closed up, would lack of GE stall them out?  should i widen the holes a bit, they all have a dry verm layer.

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: would this cloning tek work? (blender) [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #17871877 - 02/26/13 09:38 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FrankHorrigan said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:

:asianofapproval:

Offlinejjbigbuds
Mountain Hermit
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the move
    #17872232 - 02/26/13 10:52 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I've having trouble writing this response to the OP because I'm trying to put on my flame suit at the same time...

Can you blender the stem and get it to work? Yes. I've done this many times with success. I don't do it any more because AGAR-->Grain-->G2G is the nuts and that's all there is to it.

If you're going to use the suggested blender method to create an inoculant solution from the stem, here's a couple tips:
  • Wash the stem with anti-bacterial soap, rinse well
  • Soak the stem overnight in 3% h2o2
  • When you blend it, do so with 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 h2o2
  • You can now use the 'blue water' as inoculant directly (high fail rate, but no where near 90% ime) or
  • Use a small amount of the blue water (1 or 2cc) to 'noc an LC of your choice - also prone to contam, but I've seen it work - you will need to shoot some test jars or plates to determine viability

This is the method I used the first time I cloned a wild mushie, and it worked great. I've done it a few times since, and have encountered bacillus a few times on grains (which isn't necessarily the end of the world).

With all that said, you are so much better off using a bit of inner stem taken within a SAB and placed on agar. From there, hit a few grain jars with a wedge, colonize, and use as masters to quickly create many offspring.

--------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
- Jules de Gautier

Hey Noobs: Afraid of agar? Don't be. Read No-Pour Agar Tek

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: would this cloning tek work? (blender) [Re: jjbigbuds]
    #17872883 - 02/27/13 01:24 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jjbigbuds said:
If you're going to use the suggested blender method to create an inoculant solution from the stem, here's a couple tips:
  • You can now use the 'blue water' as inoculant directly (high fail rate, but no where near 90% ime) or
  • Use a small amount of the blue water (1 or 2cc) to 'noc an LC of your choice - also prone to contam, but I've seen it work - you will need to shoot some test jars or plates to determine viability

OMG!

H202 Damages mycellium, and no knowledgeable mycologist would ever dip a culture in it.

Do not use distilled water for anything except making a spore syringe, it has so little nutrients, it actually sucks nutrients out of what it touches.

Do not use a blender to make an LC from a tissue sample unless you like a high failure rate, then go for it.

Please do not give such bad advice to noobs, instead why not set them on a successful path?

Offlinejjbigbuds
Mountain Hermit
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the move
    #17873114 - 02/27/13 03:06 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

jjbigbuds said:

OMG!

H202 Damages mycellium, and no knowledgeable mycologist would ever dip a culture in it.

Do not use distilled water for anything except making a spore syringe, it has so little nutrients, it actually sucks nutrients out of what it touches.

Do not use a blender to make an LC from a tissue sample unless you like a high failure rate, then go for it.

Please do not give such bad advice to noobs, instead why not set them on a successful path?

And that's why I put on my flame suit while typing the post... I knew the mear mention of H2O2 would cause panic and gnashing of teeth-- you only quoted the bit of my post that was clearly disclaimed as a bad way to go--that's not very fair.

Also, I do not claim to be a knowledgeable mycologist. The only mycologists here have degrees in mycology, or biology and hold professional posts in their field. Everyone else is a hobbyist, cultivator, or simply curious.

Also, please note that I pointed out that this method would almost guarantee a high failure rate. I said so directly within the bullet points--I mean, I wouldn't expect 90% failure, you alone hold that distinction (I'm just playin' with you okay, don't get all throwing stuff around the room or anything).

So, as long as we're having fun with this thread, I'll address a few of your concerns --
h2o2 can harm mycelium, but not much (it is, after all, sprayed directly on cobweb that appears on casings and tubs with excellent results). Further, it won't do much at all to a stem assuming it's got a little meat to it.
Also, a stem is not a culture, it's a stem.
True, distilled H2O does not have nutrients...why do you feel it's important to add nutrients to a slurry intended to be transferred to a nutrient rich environment? <---that's what's called a rhetorical question, please don't feel obligated to answer.

And with respect to setting a noob on the right path: I started and ended my response to his specific question by recommending agar-->grain-->G2G.
Specifically:
At the beginning, "...because AGAR-->Grain-->G2G is the nuts and that's all there is to it."
At the end, "With all that said, you are so much better off using a bit of inner stem taken within a SAB and placed on agar. From there, hit a few grain jars with a wedge, colonize, and use as masters to quickly create many offspring."

I was simply offering 'tips' to improve a flawed approach assuming the OP is going to get the blender out in any case...nothing more, nothing less.

--------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
- Jules de Gautier

Hey Noobs: Afraid of agar? Don't be. Read No-Pour Agar Tek

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: would this cloning tek work? (blender) [Re: jjbigbuds]
    #17873118 - 02/27/13 03:09 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:kaneclap:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag