Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Syrian Rue
    #17849031 - 02/22/13 07:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I just got an awesome phone call from a good friend in my home town, apparently his friend has 2 kilos of mhrb hes been sitting on for months and i guess he is selling it cheap
im supposed to be getting 100+g in a week or so, so im trying to get my ducks in a row.

it seems caapi was pulled along with mhrb because short of ordering from Europe and paying more for shipping than the item,then waiting a few weeks i cant find any.

I remembered reading you can use Syrian rue as an maoi in ayahauasca (although the propper name would be hauasca without caapi)

What I didn't know is that Syrian rue has psycadelic properties of its own ( harmaline) , and at relatively low doses of 3-5g of raw material according to tikal.

mainly I was wondering what people think of Syrian rue and ultimately harmaline.

also should I just get a QP and acid extract most of it for the harmaline or just get an oz and consume the raw material?

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Syrian Rue [Re: bishlap]
    #17849102 - 02/22/13 07:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Syrian Rue is neat stuff.  I've got a 10x extract of it, and I'll throw some on a bowl of weed for a pleasant high.  Smoking it while tripping is a convenient way to boost the effects immediately.  You just have to be careful because it can take a few minutes to take full effect, so if you smoke it and aren't feeling much immediately, that doesn't mean you need to smoke a ton more :lol:.

It's a useful thing to have around, and it's dirt cheap.  You can get an ounce of 10x extract for under $20 here (this source is not against the rules because it is not a source to an illegal substance):
https://www.heavenly-products.com/cart/peganum-harmala-syrian-rue-10x-extract-bulk-p-2011.html?osCsid=af649726802f381001dc1ccfc048b7c3
Looks like they're almost out of stock.  But I'm sure you could find it elsewhere for a reasonable price as well.

I don't have experience with raw seeds, but I hear they are difficult to smoke, and cause more nausea when consumed orally than extracts do.  I also have not tried taking the extract orally.

Anything specific you'd like to know that I could shed some light on?

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: Syrian Rue [Re: Psilosomniac]
    #17849184 - 02/22/13 07:44 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

nice thanks for the heads up, i was looking at ¼ pound of seeds for about 20 bucks shipped, an oz of 10x should equate to ~10 oz, pluss I dont have to extract.

so you like the buzz?
Shulgen seemed to have mixed feelings about harmaline.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #17849203 - 02/22/13 07:47 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

B caapi is still available ... Not sure where you tried to buy it
Rue is an attractive option, cheap and easy to get

Extracts are fine too...  You have choices

Typical oral doses from root bark is 10 gm or less...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #17849214 - 02/22/13 07:48 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I enjoyed it.  Mixing it with cannabis made the high a lot more dreamy.  Almost like a movie.  It's kind of hard to describe.  It's certainly worth experimenting with.  Just be careful what you combine it with considering it's an MAOI.  Amphetamines, phenethylamines, SSRIs, alcohol, etc should be avoided.  Make sure to research interactions with any other drug or supplement you combine it with, just to be safe.

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#17849283 - 02/22/13 07:59 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I have read up on maois but have never used one and i would like to experiment a bit.

I wasnt planning on taking the whole 100g of root bark, was thinking 15g or so then extract some deems from half.
the first few sites i went to were out of stock of caapi so I assumed the worst.
I think Syrian rue would be more interesting anyway.

is there any difference between a ayahauasca and a hauasca experience?

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Offlinerudraksha

Loc: West Coast Canada
    #17849325 - 02/22/13 08:05 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but caapi contains harmine and harmaline and it is precisely these compounds that give it the MAOI effects. vice versa that syrian rue is an MAOI is because it contains these compounds as well.

thanks for the info on syrian rue psilo! trying it with some weed intrigues me :smile:

--------------------

OfflineHiro
Female
    #17849401 - 02/22/13 08:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I just made a post partially about syrian rue in the microdose thread. I've been using just it and weed for a good enhanced buzz/high, like a microdose and sometimes more. I like it quite a bit. Idk maybe it's just me but it almost reminded me of mdma a little or something like almost euphoric and occasionally I almost feel speedy/energetic but I also feel what that person was saying about dreamy(prolly a with weed thing, I always end up smoking so idk how it is on its own yet lol), it's kinda like lightly tripping I guess idk bleh haha. I have just a little dmt left for prolly an oral experience but I thought about smoking some of it while on an maoi too, idk still.

Oh and I just ordered a pound(16 oz) for 20 dollars lol, like 23 shipped and what not with a 5% discount or something lol. I had an oz from like 2 years ago already and have some of that left. I'll prolly extract it or something.

Also I find that I haven't had any problems not following the dietary restrictions for maoi's with syrian rue(as in I eat whatever and have eaten a lot of stuff on the list on it, weed lol though it does help me be able to choose not to eat as well but I usually do anyway just to see lol), though I would still be wary of drug interactions.

I haven't taken bigger doses(I guess) and sat in dark or whatever to see what I can get from it yet though. I'll also prolly try it in combination with shrooms and cactus(I did kinda some already).

InvisibleAquila chrysaetos
I M P E R I V M

Loc: The Road to Awe
Re: Syrian Rue [Re: rudraksha]
    #17849432 - 02/22/13 08:24 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

rudraksha said:
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but caapi contains harmine and harmaline and it is precisely these compounds that give it the MAOI effects. vice versa that syrian rue is an MAOI is because it contains these compounds as well.

thanks for the info on syrian rue psilo! trying it with some weed intrigues me :smile:

Correct. Caapi also contains tetrahydroharmine. It has higher levels of harmine than Syrian rue, and small amounts of harmaline.
The alkaloid profile of Syrian rue is mostly harmaline.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Syrian Rue [Re: Aquila chrysaetos]
    #17849792 - 02/22/13 09:34 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aquila chrysaetos said:
Quote:

rudraksha said:

Correct. Caapi also contains tetrahydroharmine. It has higher levels of harmine than Syrian rue, and small amounts of harmaline.
The alkaloid profile of Syrian rue is mostly harmaline.

And Syrian Rue has quite a bit more harmala alkaloids than caapi as well.

I would mix something like 50mg of 10x extract with weed per bowl (depending on the size of the bowl) and see where that takes you.  Shoot for smoking about 100mg of the stuff in one session.

I don't know much about oral DMT because I haven't tried it yet.  I have 85mg of DMT capped and ready to go when I decide to venture into that territory.  That day hasn't come yet, though.

InvisibleAquila chrysaetos
I M P E R I V M

Loc: The Road to Awe
    #17849883 - 02/22/13 09:50 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

^ Yep. Should also be noted that harmaline is about twice as strong as harmine, for anyone who is going for pure extracts.
Never have done an extract from Syrian rue, however I am interested.

--------------------

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #17849928 - 02/22/13 09:58 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Syrian Rue is neat stuff.  I've got a 10x extract of it, and I'll throw some on a bowl of weed for a pleasant high.

Can you elaborate on what that's like?

InvisiblePsilosomniac
Re: Syrian Rue [Re: s240779]
    #17850229 - 02/22/13 11:03 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

240779 said:
Quote:

Psilosomniac said:
Syrian Rue is neat stuff.  I've got a 10x extract of it, and I'll throw some on a bowl of weed for a pleasant high.

Can you elaborate on what that's like?

I can try :lol:.

Like I said, it's a lot more dreamy.  It almost feels like I'm watching a movie in first person, or playing Battlefield 3 or something.  It's like things go frame by frame.  It's also a lot more relaxed, and the close eyed visuals become more pronounced.  I haven't done it in a while, so I don't have too much more to say about it.  It's a pretty unique feeling, though.  Definitely recommend trying it.

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#17850335 - 02/22/13 11:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Can you smoke Syrian rue extract as an maoi for oral dmt or shoukd it be taken orally as well?

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

OfflineBTL99
Stranger

#17850772 - 02/23/13 01:12 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Be careful with Syrian Rue. I have done a lot of it and the stuff is no joke.

I've made rue teas in the following amounts: 2,3,4,5 and 8 grams.

When I did the 5 and 8 gram teas, I didn't take anything else....just the rue and let me tell you....I tripped so fucking hard. That shit is crazy. Every gram increase in rue is a lot, so I would start with 3 at most just to get a feel for what you are in for. 8 grams will fucking knock you on your ass so hard you won't believe it.

Offlines240779
Re: Syrian Rue [Re: BTL99]
    #17851424 - 02/23/13 07:26 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Can you elaborate on the trip?

OfflineBTL99
Stranger

#17851829 - 02/23/13 10:31 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

240779 said:
Can you elaborate on the trip?

Crazy body load. Hard to move and walk around. Almost like you are drunk or have motion sickness. Open and Closed eye visuals. Definitely a psychedelic drug.

Offlines240779
Re: Syrian Rue [Re: BTL99]
    #17851837 - 02/23/13 10:35 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Sound like shit. :lol:

OfflineHiro
Female
    #17851955 - 02/23/13 11:10 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah high dose syrian rue trips seem a bit rough, I think there were some on erowid that I read a long time ago haha

InvisiblePsilosomniac
    #17852150 - 02/23/13 12:04 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bishlap said:
Can you smoke Syrian rue extract as an maoi for oral dmt or shoukd it be taken orally as well?

You'd have to take it orally because you're looking to inhibit the MAO enzymes in your liver, and smoking it sends it straight to your brain.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag