Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineQuintessence
I am Hydrogen

My IT Experience
    #1781373 - 08/05/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well, got back from maine last night after being stuck in traffic for hours and hours. I had one of the best times of my life!

The weather was awesome all weekend and security was nice and lax. 30 arrests total, 20 drug related. Vendors were everywhere as you would expect from a phish festival.

Inside the concert area they had set up a sunken forest, which consisted of a bunch of trees and a catwalk that was tightly surrounded by branches of trees giving it a cool trippy tunnel effect.

The music was GREAT. The first sets of both days were not that epic but the 2nd and 3rd sets of each day were amazing. I went down the sides and parked myself at the corner of the stage for the the 2nd and 3rd sets.

They were just really tight. Being so close to the speakers I could FEEL the music inside me and you can't help but dance like a fool.

On the second night i took 3 hits of fractals, the guy said was Fluff from one of the families. I believe that it was, cause it was the most intense trip I've ever had. Ego loss. I was merely a particle amongst a sea of other particles. My fav set was the last one because of the sheer energy they were exhibiting. They kept building me up untill I thought I would just explode. Just amazing..

I <3 Phish !

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: My IT Experience [Re: Quintessence]
    #1781453 - 08/05/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Do you have the setlists?

Ouch, 30 arrests, there should have been none.. so the sunken forest was what it was all about eh? and a boardwalk,

I wonder if the band has a boardwalk of their own that they have used on more than one occassion at these festivals because the sunken forest reminds me a lot of what they did at big cypress..they had an enchanted forest with a drum circle that went on for 3 days non-stop; and they set up red light bulbs in the trees; and there were hippie girls with vials of acid that hung out in there and they were sceaming "FREE ACID WHO WANTS FREE ACID"
-omg that was a fucking riot  :loveeyes: :lol:

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234 

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: My IT Experience [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1781461 - 08/05/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Setlist are on Gadiels Page. THey played from the fucking watch tower!!!!!!! What did Trey say about them being back for Good? Any mention of a fall tour???? Did anyone say see you (....)?

More mo' mo' details!!!!! Please!!!!!!

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Here [Re: Adom]
    #1781464 - 08/05/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

08/03/03 - IT Festival, Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME

Set 1: Daniel (Saw the Stone), Saw It Again, Punch You in the Eye, Army of One, Chalkdust Torture, Wilson*, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Set 2: Mellow Mood, Ghost**, Mist, Pebbles and Marbles, You Enjoy Myself > Chariots of Fire^, Loving Cup

Set 3: 46 Days, Julius, Lizards, Secret Smile, Run Like an Antelope^^

Encore: Good Times Bad Times#

* - Trey said something to the effect of: "Hey, Kevin, there's a post-able version of 'Wilson.' Ladies and gentlemen, the Shortest Wilson Ever... I'd like to dedicated that to our archivist, Kevin Shapiro; ** - with massive glowstick war; ^ - Phish played the song in the background as the winners from the '100th Running of the First Annual Runaway Jim 5K' were brought up on stage and announced by Trey with photos on the video screen (the women's second-place finisher was actually Trey's neighbor "from right down the road" in Burlington and the men's winner, from nearby Presque Isle, had a time of 15min for the 5k); # - with fireworks behind the stage during the close of the song; thanks to James Dean Young for a correction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/02/03 - IT Festival, Loring Air Force Base, Limestone, ME

Set 1: AC/DC Bag, Ya Mar > Runaway Jim, Reba*, Birds of a Feather, Meatstick **, Two Versions of Me, Vultures, Limb By Limb, Cavern

Set 2: Down With Disease > NICU -> Brother, Lawn Boy, Discern, Waves^, David Bowie

Set 3: Rock & Roll > Seven Below, Scents & Subtle Sounds^^ > Spread It Round, Bug

Encore: Dog Log, The Mango Song

"Set 4": The Tower Jam#

* with whistling; ** with Japanese lyrics; ^ with ambient jam; ^^ with Seven Below teases. #An all-improvised (and unannounced, though heavily rumored) set from the roof of the old air-traffic control tower, taking place about 2-3am, with special lighting by Chris Kuroda. Featured many teases, accompanied by dancers hanging from bungee cords down the tower's sides. Thanks to Cody Schibi, Allan Morris, and PhantasyTour for the info.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Here [Re: Adom]
    #1781485 - 08/05/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

wow, there are a lot of songs i dont even recognize in there!~

the shortest wilson ever  :lol:

the tower-jam, that kind of stuff is just priceless.. :loveeyes: 

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1781490 - 08/05/03 11:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
"FREE ACID WHO WANTS FREE ACID"

damn dude...that is like my dream

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: My IT Experience [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1781509 - 08/05/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yuuup!

i remember we were all so happy at cypress that the hippies were talking about explodeing the main bridges so we could stay more days  :lol:

-the band spent something completely amazing on building the roads and bridges to the show; it was like 10million dollars worth of roads and bridges that the band put that money  up front  to big cypress.

they grossed over 24 million from that festival, not including what it costed to have it..

Edited by GGreatOne234 (08/05/03 12:05 PM)

OfflineQuintessence
I am Hydrogen

#1781544 - 08/05/03 12:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think Trey said anything about when they are touring next. But I heard they are definitely doing a New Years Show. At the end of the show Trey thanked everyone for coming and said he would promise to do something about the entrance clusterfuck/traffic problem. Then they ended with a crazy fireworks display which was sweet. Musically the last set was just outstanding.. They jammed 46 days out liek crazy.

--------------------

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: My IT Experience [Re: Quintessence]
    #1781863 - 08/05/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I heart Phish.

Fall Tour!!!
*crosses fingers*

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: My IT Experience [Re: Cherk]
    #1789064 - 08/07/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

my brother was there, ghost was amazing as i heard from everyone, 25 minute chalkdust, 40 minute 46 days...some pretty cool stuff. The glowstick war during ghost was massive...i wish i was there, so much cool shit.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Re: My IT Experience [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #1789716 - 08/07/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sounds pretty fucking sweeet. I'm going to have to get on down to a phish festival one of these days

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules