Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Loc: wisconsin
sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist
    #17808719 - 02/15/13 05:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

my ears have started lying to me

there isn't spontaneous creation of new sounds  but the sounds that i do hear can be monumentally misconstrued
often
i believe some of this is do to my brain hearing a sound and not knowing what to make of it  so simply going to what closest exists in my memory

one of the most common instances is that when i hear talking,singing,laughing
i usually interpret this as sobbing, arguing, screaming      often crystal clear
so when someone in another room is ACTUALLY in distress i simply try not to awknowledge it

other stimuli can cause manifestations that simply arn't anything similar to the actual stimuli in times when i do find out that i was wrong

my family has mental illness of differnt assortments on both sides of the family
4 people that i know of have killed themselves in my family ( i don't know a large part of my family on fathers side)  many are diagnosed depression, bipolar  and grandmother was schizophrenic  ( delusions, hearing voices)

psychedelics don't seem to help or hurt the situation, but  marijuana does terrible detriment to me

i am under state mental health commitment  and i fear if i told my psychiatrist i may be forced into a mental hospital

i have no one to talk to about this, i'm not sure what i want out of this topic but i'd appreciate responses

--------------------
fnord

i appreciated the garden before, but i understood it now

psychedelic benefits poll ---->
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16182497 
[quote]AllGreyThumbs said:
Damn it, they really have to stop calling things LSD that aren't really LSD.  That goes for dealers, police, and the media.  Stop it, stop it, stop it.  It makes the real LSD look bad.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesonamdrukpa
Wayfarer

Re: sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist [Re: jebre]
    #17808763 - 02/15/13 05:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Do not take psychedelics.  They can trigger full-on schizophrenia, and just because you've avoided that till now doesn't mean you will always avoid it.

That sucks, I'm sorry.

--------------------

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#17808779 - 02/15/13 05:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Your best idea is to describe it to the Psych like you did here.  Make sure not to use the phrase "hearing voices" especially since what you have described is not the same as schizophrenic voices.

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Re: sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist [Re: sonamdrukpa]
    #17808794 - 02/15/13 05:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well,  i've had these issues to varying extents as long as i can remember

and, as of 250-300 times ingesting psychedelics in the past 2 years  hasn't seemed to have significant effect.  pot always has and then when i quit smoking pot it always mitigates to previous levels

sleep loss and stress both seem to trigger it

--------------------
fnord

Damn it, they really have to stop calling things LSD that aren't really LSD.  That goes for dealers, police, and the media.  Stop it, stop it, stop it.  It makes the real LSD look bad.[/quote]

Offlinesonamdrukpa
Wayfarer

#17808806 - 02/15/13 05:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Holy fucking shit dude, that's like a trip every 2 or 3 days.  I sometimes get auditory hallucinations and I only trip every few months.  Have you even had enough of a sober period to know that they're not having a significant effect?

--------------------

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Re: sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist [Re: StygianKnight]
    #17808809 - 02/15/13 05:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
Your best idea is to describe it to the Psych like you did here.  Make sure not to use the phrase "hearing voices" especially since what you have described is not the same as schizophrenic voices.

i'm too afraid
i've been in the state psych ward before, it was a shitty way to live and once i was put on antipsychotics  it gave me akathesia, made my muscles weak  couldn't stand up for extended periods, had problems taking shits because i couldn't control my muscles enough to force it out.
accompanied with a constant sensation of drowning

never going to let that happen again

--------------------
fnord

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

#17808837 - 02/15/13 05:50 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sonamdrukpa said:
Holy fucking shit dude, that's like a trip every 2 or 3 days.  I sometimes get auditory hallucinations and I only trip every few months.  Have you even had enough of a sober period to know that they're not having a significant effect?

month and half

and a few other times i would have 2-4 weeks

there was.. reduced brain activity, reduced ability to express myself. no noticable change in psychological abberations

i had a period of
daily amphetamine use  that caused problems psychologically. 
from age 14-16

recently i've quit doing all drugs since about a month ago except mushrooms ( once a week)  and  once a month i use ketamine

--------------------
fnord

OfflineFuckspice
Psychosis connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: America's asshole
    #17808847 - 02/15/13 05:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Give your mind a break let it recooperate sorta I'd stop doing drugs for a few months let alone phsychadellics.  There could be something wrong with your processing of info in your brain I dunno.  Stress and sleep loss can trigger a lot of temporary problems sleeploss can causes hallucinations and temporary mental problems.  Some people under stress may get a sort of hypochondria and think they are getting sick.

--------------------

OfflineFuckspice
Psychosis connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: America's asshole
Re: sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist [Re: Fuckspice]
    #17809058 - 02/15/13 05:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Take a break and if it is getting worse or posing a threat on your life or well being it would be good to talk to someone

--------------------

Offlinesonamdrukpa
Wayfarer

#17809096 - 02/15/13 06:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Try to contact your family, if your grandmother was schizophrenic they may have some advice on how to deal with the hallucinations, or at least have some comforting words.  And taper down teh drugs even more.

--------------------

InvisibleStygianKnight
A Mushroom

#17809129 - 02/15/13 06:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not a psychiatrist so take this with a grain of salt, but if it's not too bothersome, weather through it.
It sounds like the part of your brain that interprets speech is running full throttle, it would make sense that pot greatly increases this.  Stay away from pot.

Edit to add:
You should consider removing stimulants from your diet (like if you drink coffee) and I could hypothetically see anti-anxiety meds helping.  However it doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong with you.  There's been a been a push to better understand hearing voices with places like the Hearing Voices Network.

Edited by StygianKnight (02/15/13 07:49 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #17811039 - 02/16/13 12:03 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

For what its worth, many people hear voices and still live productive lives. There is actually a movement of people who hear voices basically arguing that they are not mentally ill and there is nothing wrong with it especially if the voices dont bother you.

That said it can be part of a serious issue like schizophrenia. It does not seem right that you should have to be afraid to ask for help but my own experience with the mental health system would advise me to advise you to stay away from psychiatrists they are scary people who can lock you up arbitrarily and you never know when or if you will get out.

Sad but true.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #17811805 - 02/16/13 05:39 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Do you know about the Hearing Voices Network ?

There will be quite a few contacts here where you could find people who would understand what you going through and give you support.

Anonymous #1

Re: sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist [Re: zzripz]
    #17811817 - 02/16/13 05:45 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I guess one cool thing about experiencing stimulant psychosis is that I know what you are experiencing. I would always hear a radio or TV at low enough volume in the next room that I couldn't understand it no matter how hard I focused. I would get visual hallucinations similar to LSD as well. The design on my ceiling would turn into 10 digit phone numbers that would change immediately after reading them and trickle down the walls like The Matrix. I'd see shadows of people out of the corner of my eyes and they would be running towards me until I looked in their direction and they made their escape. I know it's not real and it's actually pretty funny when you're in it if you can keep calm and understand that you're fucked in the head right now. I don't know what to tell you though, but I know what you're going through with the hallucinations. :cool:

Offlinejebre
your parents
Male

Re: sober auditory hallucinations, can't talk to psychiatrist [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17821473 - 02/17/13 08:33 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StygianKnight said:
I'm not a psychiatrist so take this with a grain of salt, but if it's not too bothersome, weather through it.
It sounds like the part of your brain that interprets speech is running full throttle, it would make sense that pot greatly increases this.  Stay away from pot.

Edit to add:
You should consider removing stimulants from your diet (like if you drink coffee) and I could hypothetically see anti-anxiety meds helping.  However it doesn't automatically mean there's anything wrong with you.  There's been a been a push to better understand hearing voices with places like the Hearing Voices Network.

i don't use caffeine or cigarettes.
don't drink soda,  eat a healthy diet  etc

i do take buproprion but i didn't notice any change when i started taking it or had breaks off of it (when i used ayahausca i would cease taking for 3 weeks before and after)   
i also take valproic acid  for mood

Quote:

Anonymous said:
I guess one cool thing about experiencing stimulant psychosis is that I know what you are experiencing. I would always hear a radio or TV at low enough volume in the next room that I couldn't understand it no matter how hard I focused. I would get visual hallucinations similar to LSD as well. The design on my ceiling would turn into 10 digit phone numbers that would change immediately after reading them and trickle down the walls like The Matrix. I'd see shadows of people out of the corner of my eyes and they would be running towards me until I looked in their direction and they made their escape. I know it's not real and it's actually pretty funny when you're in it if you can keep calm and understand that you're fucked in the head right now. I don't know what to tell you though, but I know what you're going through with the hallucinations. :cool:

most of my experience with amphetamine psychosis was when i quit taking adderall abruptedly and all the loss of sleep caught up with me. one of the times i was quitting for my gf at the time and then during the withdrawal broke up with her  in a fit of paranoia and confusion lasting 5 days (until i started taking adderall again)          we never got back together

i'mma check out that website  thank you guys <3

--------------------
fnord

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract