Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
scraping mushroom goo extract
    #17774046 - 02/09/13 06:10 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

so i'm in the process of making a mushroom extract/tincture.  it's my first time, but i'm fairly confident that it will be a success, as some individuals on here have been very helpful with advice/suggestions.  after my first tincture extraction, i plan on trying to do a mushroom goo extraction (which seems a bit more tricky to me)...i will be using Everclear 151.  i understand all the steps up until evaporation...

once i filter the psilo-liquor into a pyrex glass dish, i've been told to evaporate ALL the alcohol.  being my first time attempting to make goo, i wonder:

1. how long does it usually take to evaporate all the alcohol? (I will be using 14gm at 10ml/per gram during extraction)

2. once all the alcohol has been evaporated, what should the final product look like? i've been told that there will be an "even layer of film" that is left to scrape)...i've also been told that there is simply some sticky tar substance that you can just ball together and store in wax paper in the freezer?

3. if it looks like a thin layer of film, how and when do i know to scrape it up?  do i scrape it up with a razor blade, or can i use something different to scrape?

4. if it looks like a sticky tar, how can i know when it's ready to scrape up and store in a vial in the freezer?  in other words, how can i dry it as quickly as possible, and know when it's dry enough to store?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Loc: Pee En Double You
Re: scraping mushroom goo extract [Re: crispy86]
    #17774075 - 02/09/13 06:16 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Offlineapeboy
Hunch back

Re: scraping mushroom goo extract [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #17774087 - 02/09/13 06:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Keys to make it go faster:
More surface area
Air flow/ fan
Above room temp

--------------------

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: scraping mushroom goo extract [Re: apeboy]
    #17774259 - 02/09/13 07:00 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

1. behind a fan should be 12-24 hours, or when you can poke it with your finger and it doesnt come off, once you dry the majority of the alcohol most of the moistness is water and must be removed if planning to store (alcohol evaporates at a higher rate than water)

2. the psilo-lipids/alcohol are relatively evenly mixed at this point, evaporating the alcohol (clear alcohol should dry with little or no residue) with the goodness inside will eventually deplete the available aqueous environment untill the "goodness" is dehydrated and resting as a "film" or thin layer of tar on the bottom, wich is easily scraped with a razor.

3. refer to 2 and 1

4. dont store in a vial you wont get most of it out "wax paper" is the best choice.
when its dry you can tell, it will be tacky not sicky, not runny at all
it kinda resembles a blue/green BHO in appearance when done.

if you were to accurately measure the starting weight and figured (X)ml = (X g dried cubes then you could in theory leave it suspended in alcohol in the freezer theb if you want to dose you could draw (X)ml then dry it out with a hair dryer, just dont get it too hot it'll burn and stink like rotten Carmel.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: scraping mushroom goo extract [Re: bishlap]
    #17774363 - 02/09/13 07:15 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

thanks bishlap...in reference to your 1st answer to my questions, how do you quickly/efficiently remove the water from the extract?...fan?...

in reference to your 4th answer, is the color of the final product actually blue/green?

also, the thin layer of film that you speak of...will there be any other residue in the glass dish besides the film that can be discarded or avoided (like sugar crystals)?...or can i just scrape up ALL the film and store in wax paper (not sure what kind of texture this film will have, if it can be balled up and stored in wax paper)...is the film hard or soft?

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#17774462 - 02/09/13 07:41 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

if any crystals form from cold ethanol extraction there very likely inactive and can be discarded but there not extremely common unless your doing big batches.
everything else is the "goodness" mixed with fats and lipids that were in the mushrooms.

have you ever smoked medicinal butane honey oil?
it should have roughly that texture
when its tacky it should be good
my extracts were dark but in bright light were dark blue/green, except the time i tried running 151 through dehydrated epsom in hopes to increase the proof it turned out grey, i never sampled that one it got tossed.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

InvisibleWilly Wonka
Medicine Man
 User Gallery

Loc: The Other Side Flag
Re: scraping mushroom goo extract [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #17774708 - 02/09/13 08:44 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LiquidGlass said:
:popcorn:

:whathesaid:

--------------------
AMU

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
    #17774715 - 02/09/13 08:45 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

cool thanks. how do you remove the water from the extract?  just fan dry?

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
    #17775522 - 02/10/13 12:28 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

ok...i'll just go with fan drying until it gets to that tacky texture i guess...

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
    #17908136 - 03/05/13 01:59 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

so...i'm doing my second round of goo extract.  it's been evaporating in a glass pyrex dish for over 18 hours.  the alcohol has been long gone.  i see a layer of film now; some areas are thicker/deeper layers of film than other areas on the dish.  i poked my finger on the thickest area to test for stickiness or moisture.  when i poked it, my finger did not stick to it, and i left a finger print in the "goodness".  is it ready to scrape?  or should i wait until at least the 24 hour mark?

is there such thing as drying/fanning for too long?

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

#17908713 - 03/05/13 04:11 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

I wouldnt let it sit out in air for too long. Psilocybin oxidizes quickly.  I'd scrape and put it in something airtight and in the freezer.

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: scraping mushroom goo extract [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #17908719 - 03/05/13 04:12 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

ok i was just about to ask about the oxidation/degradation factor...

so should i scrape it now? there is just a layer of film, and its been fan drying for over 21 hours...

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#17908902 - 03/05/13 04:45 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

the goo is actually relatively stable because air only reaches the outer most exposed layer.

The last bit of moisture is likely water and should be removed before storage or freezing the best you can.

when I have done extractions it was with 114+g (qp) and a whole bottle of liquor.
I threw out a lot more than I took.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
    #17909061 - 03/05/13 05:17 PM (11 years, 26 days ago)

finished scraping!  looks good! some of it was thin and filmy, and other parts were thick and like a taffy.  rolled up 2 FAT tootsie rolls (:

Edited by crispy86 (03/05/13 05:17 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies