Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSammysong
Dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: Idios kosmos
Manna - psilocybin mushroom inspired documentary
    #17765915 - 02/08/13 02:59 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all,

I've recently been recommended a documentary on psilocybin mushrooms. It's rather new and apparently has lots of interesting facts, etc. Has anyone watched this documentary? If so, what did you find interesting?

I've yet to watch it, but I'll share it nonetheless. :biggrin:
Enjoy!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Re: Manna - psilocybin mushroom inspired documentary [Re: Sammysong]
    #17765940 - 02/08/13 03:18 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks man. Looks interesting. Just previewed the first few minutes, that's cool he did it all himself. I'll probably watch it tomorrow night.

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
Re: Manna - psilocybin mushroom inspired documentary [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #17766219 - 02/08/13 06:49 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

This is the documentary that got me first interested in this entheogen. It made me realize so much about modern culture and how it uses fear in its very function

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

OfflineDreojs
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Manna - psilocybin mushroom inspired documentary [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #17766265 - 02/08/13 07:16 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, but I don't see why nature has to be some kind of intelligence. At around 19 minutes a quote from T.Mckenna says 'nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics'. But I find it much more interesting from a scientific viewpoint that from this lifeless universe something as complicated as the human brain has evolved, enabling us to think about these things. No need for 'magic'spirituality. The scientifically proven is just as amazing.

Offlinepsychotikfuck
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Manna - psilocybin mushroom inspired documentary [Re: Dreojs]
    #17766281 - 02/08/13 07:24 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It is a really good film to watch.  It heightened my interest in the mushrooms forsure.  and anything giving credit to mckenna is worthy of a watch imo.

Offlinepsychotikfuck
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Manna - psilocybin mushroom inspired documentary [Re: Dreojs]
    #17766296 - 02/08/13 07:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dreojs said:
Interesting, but I don't see why nature has to be some kind of intelligence. At around 19 minutes a quote from T.Mckenna says 'nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics'. But I find it much more interesting from a scientific viewpoint that from this lifeless universe something as complicated as the human brain has evolved, enabling us to think about these things. No need for 'magic'spirituality. The scientifically proven is just as amazing.

I think they go hand in hand, nature has intelligence just like we have grown and aquired intelligence, our days of space travel and NASA are just a cultural form of intelligence imo, we live in a culture that doesn't trip as much as they should, lol.. we are misinformed in that we don't see the reality of our lives if we did more people would have their panties in a bunch about working a 9to5 for life then dying, we aren't outside exploring anymore, we aren't doing anything we were put here to do naturally, we have fallen away from intelligence, natural intelligence, they give us these schools and everything tho make us think we are becoming smart while it is only artificial intelligence we aare never going to learn how to take back control of ourselves wthen the ones in control know what we dont know, Most people you talk to don't know how to survive without govt and help from community, where as before this culture shit we lived off the land and natural intelligence was beneficial to our survival.. in a natural world.  we have come so far away from intelligence in fact we have probably come farther away from discovering many truths like those involved with mushrooms...truths that just don't 'matter' when money means more to us than death.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies