Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
So Hilary Clinton resigned today
    #17726829 - 02/01/13 02:19 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

What do you all have to say about that?

Quote:

WASHINGTON -- Hillary Rodham Clinton formally resigned Friday as the 67th U.S. secretary of state, capping a 4-year tenure in the office that saw her shatter previous records for the number of countries visited.

In a letter sent to President Barack Obama shortly before she was to leave the State Department for the last time in her official capacity, Clinton thanked her former foe for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination for the opportunity to serve in his administration. Clinton said it had been an honour to be part of his Cabinet and that she remained convinced of the "strength and staying power" of American global leadership.

"I am more convinced than ever in the strength and staying power of America's global leadership and our capacity to be a force for good in the world," she said in the letter.

Her resignation will be effective on the swearing-in of her successor, John Kerry, who was to take the oath of office in a private ceremony later Friday.
Clinton left office with a slap at critics of the Obama administration's handling of the September attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya. She told The Associated Press in an interview Thursday that critics of the administration's handling of the attack don't live in an "evidence-based world," and their refusal to "accept the facts" is unfortunate and regrettable for the political system.

Clinton told the AP that the attack in Benghazi was the low point of her time as America's top diplomat. But she suggested that the furor over the assault would not affect whether she runs for president in 2016.

Although she insisted that she has not decided what her future holds, she said she "absolutely" still plans to make a difference on issues she cares about in speeches and in a sequel to her 2003 memoir, "Living History," that will focus largely on her years as secretary of state.

Clinton spoke to the AP Thursday in her outer office on the seventh floor of the State Department less than 24 hours before she walks out for a final time as boss. She was relaxed but clearly perturbed by allegations from Republican lawmakers and commentators that the administration had intentionally misled the public about whether the attack was a protest gone awry or a terrorist attack, or intentionally withheld additional security for diplomatic personnel in Libya knowing that an attack could happen.

An independent panel she convened to look into the incident was scathing in its criticism of the State Department and singled out four officials for serious management and leadership failures. But it also determined that there was no guarantee that extra personnel could have prevented the deaths of the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and three other Americans. Clinton herself was not blamed, although she has said she accepted responsibility for the situation.

"I was so unhappy with the way that some people refused to accept the facts, refused to accept the findings of an independent Accountability Review Board, politicized everything about this terrible attack," she said. "My job is to admit that we have to make improvements and we're going to."
Hours after Clinton made those remarks, a suicide bomber linked to a domestic terror group exploded a device just outside the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, Turkey, killing himself and a guard.

Clinton faced a barrage of hostile questions about Benghazi from Republican lawmakers when she testified before Congress recently in appearances that were delayed from December because of illness. Afterward, some lawmakers continued to accuse her and the administration of withholding evidence. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican, told a television interviewer that he thought Clinton was getting "away with murder."
In the interview, Clinton had little patience for such allegations.

"There are some people in politics and in the press who can't be confused by the facts," she said. "They just will not live in an evidence-based world. And that's regrettable. It's regrettable for our political system and for the people who serve our government in very dangerous, difficult circumstances."
Because of that, she said, the partisan divide should not dissuade anyone with a cause from getting involved in politics, and she hinted strongly that a divisive atmosphere would not stop her in any future endeavour. "You have to have a thick skin because (politics) is just going to be a contact sport as far as we can look into the future."

Clinton is no stranger to partisan politics. As first lady, she railed in 1998 against a "vast right-wing conspiracy" that she asserted had been attacking her husband, Bill Clinton, ever since he had become president.
But the woman who was once considered a divisive figure in American politics, yet leaves office as one of its most popular, remained coy about whether she would run for president in 2016.

"I am making no decisions, but I would never give that advice to someone that I wouldn't take myself," she said. "If you believe you can make a difference, not just in politics, in public service, in advocacy around all these important issues, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not going to get 100 per cent approval."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/clinton-s-last-day-includes-resignation-letter-and-farewell-to-her-staff-1.1138864#ixzz2JgVUGVmn

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Loc: Pee En Double You
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: Patlal]
    #17726907 - 02/01/13 02:34 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck that cunt, good riddance!

--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

OfflineZ O M G
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: new york. Flag
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #17726926 - 02/01/13 02:38 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

you'll see a lot more of her between 2016 and 2024.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: Z O M G]
    #17726946 - 02/01/13 02:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I doubt it.  Aside from the fact that she utterly disgraced herself with that "What does it matter" remark I think she has got some real health issues.

--------------------

Offline11nova
Bipolar Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginha
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: zappaisgod]
    #17726965 - 02/01/13 02:44 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

OfflineZ O M G
Stranger Danger
Male

Loc: new york. Flag
    #17726977 - 02/01/13 02:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I doubt it.  Aside from the fact that she utterly disgraced herself with that "What does it matter" remark I think she has got some real health issues.

What does it matter? Literally...?
if the only MSM to take issue with that remark was Fox, i think she's a shoe-in.
and everybody doesn't seem to care that this current administration doesn't give a fuck about our Service Men and Women.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#17726989 - 02/01/13 02:48 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hillary 2016???

How old is she anyway?

--------------------

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
    #17726994 - 02/01/13 02:48 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

:firstladyofapproval:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#17727086 - 02/01/13 03:09 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Z O M G said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

What does it matter? Literally...?
if the only MSM to take issue with that remark was Fox, i think she's a shoe-in.

It will be back if she runs.  It is no secret that the media will have it's face firmly buried in her cooch.  It is ever thus with liberals.  That's why every Senator, Congressman, Governor and state legislator is a liberal, right?  My point is not that the media isn't in the tank for libs.  It is that the media aren't quite able to determine every election.
Quote:

and everybody doesn't seem to care that this current administration doesn't give a fuck about our Service Men and Women.

Some people seem to care, just not enough.

I'm also serious about the health thing.  She is a fat old hag who has just spent 4 years traipsing about in a highly stressful job.

--------------------

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #17727124 - 02/01/13 03:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LiquidGlass said:
Fuck that cunt, good riddance!

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: withoutawire]
    #17727296 - 02/01/13 03:51 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I like her more now than I did four years ago.  To me she always seemed trapped in Bill's shadow and I don't know, insincere somehow.  Now she speaks with more conviction.  I think she did okay as Secretary of State.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: Senor_Doobie] * 1
    #17727312 - 02/01/13 03:53 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

When Bill got out of politics as a career he become a human being. He speaks out against the war on drugs and has lectured democrats about trying to take guns away from us. Hilary is a thriving cunt immersed politics exploiting the people for self gain. Bill did it once too, but at least he gave us a financial surplus and he doesn't continue to play politics like his bitch wife.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: withoutawire] * 1
    #17727328 - 02/01/13 03:56 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

She spent the last four years as a diplomat.  Take it easy.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: withoutawire]
    #17727489 - 02/01/13 04:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I think john Kerry is replacing her as secretary of state

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: Shins]
    #17727579 - 02/01/13 04:43 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Correct.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: Senor_Doobie] * 1
    #17727645 - 02/01/13 04:57 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
I like her more now than I did four years ago.  To me she always seemed trapped in Bill's shadow and I don't know, insincere somehow.  Now she speaks with more conviction.  I think she did okay as Secretary of State.

How can you say she speaks with more conviction when she totally avoided any responsibility for the Benghazi cock up?  "What difference does it make," she asked.  It makes a lot of difference who was responsible for the incredibly stupid decision to deny the Ambassador the security he requested in a country without a government.  It also makes a difference that you lied about it, madame.

Then we have this:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/07/obama_more_unpopular_in_the_middle_east_than_bush.html

Quote:

After two and a half years of bashing Israel, appeasing rogue regimes such as Iran and Syria, and promising a new era of relations with the Muslim world, Washington is now less popular in major Arab countries than it was when George W. Bush was in the White House.

Weren't we promised that the Obama administration, Hillary as point person, would make us friends with the Muzzies?  How is that Russia thing working out?  Wanna adopt a Russian baby?  Norks?  Nuts as ever and maybe worse.  Iran nukes?  Yeah, they totally caved.  Here is what the world sees as a result of four years of Obama foreign policy as executed by Secretary of State Cankles.  Weakness.

--------------------

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
    #17727708 - 02/01/13 05:12 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Her reptilian skin started showing, she had to quit.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#17727712 - 02/01/13 05:14 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

That link goes to an editorial that doesn't reference any survey or make clear the diminishing opinion recorded, plus when was it written?

My comment about her conviction is more about tone than substance. 

I'm not a foreign policy expert but when I look at the world today as opposed tot he world four years ago it seems better.

I'm not saying she or the Obama administration has done a great job.  I said "ok".  Which I mean slightly better.  That said, the drone attacks are not going to make us any friends.

--------------------

InvisibleRedSnapper
nuerosonic
 User Gallery

Loc: Endless marshlands
    #17727734 - 02/01/13 05:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I thought she was kinda hot  15 or so years ago.

She didn't age to well..

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: So Hilary Clinton resigned today [Re: RedSnapper]
    #17727745 - 02/01/13 05:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hillary Clinton or Hilarious Clitoris?

:filosoraptor:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom