Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibled fuNk22
Mycology Pervert
Pressure Cooking Question regarding PSI...
    #1771074 - 08/01/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My pressure cooker says to fill the cooker with jars and water and put on high until steam is flying out. you then place pressure regulator on the valve to maintain pressure.

well how do you know if your cooker's at 15 PSI? mine is not a fancy one so how do I determine if my cooker is reaching the correct PSI level?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Pressure Cooking Question regarding PSI... [Re: d fuNk22]
    #1771088 - 08/01/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

YOu must read the manual...and read this
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23526

I fyou dont have the manual..try and find a website for the manufacturer of your PC and see if they have an ONLINE manual...or a customer service DEPT.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1771104 - 08/01/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

a lot of those cookers that only have a weighted cap over the tube on top only go up to 10 psi. read the manual and look for the psi rating. if it is less than 15 psi, check the back of the manual or look for a parts ordering sheet in the paperwork that came with it. some manuals have a section in back where you can order a heavier cap to raise the pressure levels.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Pressure Cooking Question regarding PSI... [Re: eric_the_red]
    #17141332 - 11/01/12 09:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think thats the problem as the guage goes well beyong 125 and into 'caution' its also a very big pressure cooker. It climbs up very slowely to 70 and abruptly stops and barely moves again. This is going to cause me a few sleepless nights though!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Offlinetwistedty
Forcefully Retired
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle
    #17141357 - 11/01/12 09:44 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

eric_the_red said:
a lot of those cookers that only have a weighted cap over the tube on top only go up to 10 psi. read the manual and look for the psi rating. if it is less than 15 psi, check the back of the manual or look for a parts ordering sheet in the paperwork that came with it. some manuals have a section in back where you can order a heavier cap to raise the pressure levels. 

most come with multiple weights, all labeled accordingly 5,10,15 etc
use the 15 it will be the heaviest of them all

Quote:

d fuNk22 said:
My pressure cooker says to fill the cooker with jars and water and put on high until steam is flying out. you then place pressure regulator on the valve to maintain pressure.

well how do you know if your cooker's at 15 PSI? mine is not a fancy one so how do I determine if my cooker is reaching the correct PSI level?

then do that ^^  and when your wieght is at a steady wobble maintain that wobble with a medium high heat all stoves are different and find your sweet spot

then start your timer for 90mins

OfflineNineInchNails
Stranger

#17141592 - 11/01/12 10:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

d fuNk22 said:

d fuNk22 you need to be more specific. Exactly which PC do you have?

Most all PCs function in the same way where you need you jars and water inside. It's the psi and how psi is regulated that differs between one model/style from another. We have absolutely NO way to know which model/style PC you have so no one can comment on how to operate yours.

You only need enough water to cover the trivet if you operate the PC properly. You can use more water (which is recommended for newbs) by simply using jar rings beneath the trivet which will raise your trivet up higher therefore allowing you to use more water.

Once you have used your PC properly, take note of how much water is still left inside. You will notice that your PC does not consume much water at all and you can safely use less water next time if you wish to not use jar rings as spacers and excess water next time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order