Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
so I had a verticillium contam
    #17535807 - 01/12/13 01:06 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

So I had a verticillium contam on my last grow's first flush, and based on a test of the genetics (low potency) I decided that it wasn't worth trying to salvage so into the trash it went. I was planning on doing a spawn run for three monotubs on Sunday, with some genetics that I am pretty confident will be closer to what I'm looking for and I am wondering what kind of precautions I should be taking to prevent another outbreak.

I was going to do the standard wash down the walls, steam clean the carpet, bleach and sterilize all equipment, but I am wondering what I should do extra to prevent any recurrences. I was incubating (it gets cold in my house in the winter) in the same room, but the jars I was incubating are the ones I will be spawning with, so high temps won't be a factor going forward. Any tips would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: so I had a verticillium contam [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #17535892 - 01/12/13 01:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Assuming it actual verticillium it should be pretty easy to prevent just by having a decent FC and properly pasteurizing your bulk subs or casing layers, and of course by removing contaminated mushrooms and substrates without spreading it around. It spreads mostly by touch and by misting contaminated areas of substrate or mushrooms.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags