Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegypsyheel
Evolved From Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz Mountains
Yellow & Blue Oysters w/WBS, WBS/Aspen Pet Bedding, just Aspen, and additives
    #17517425 - 01/08/13 01:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:wave:So I'm back on the site after what feels like a really really long hiatus. In my previous journal I grew Ban Hua Thanon Cubes and it went VERY well. I will like to update that sometime soon btw. In my current rental situation I am not able to grow psychoactives so I will be reinvigorating my hobby with some Blue and Yellow Oysters purchased from SporesDepot.com. Shipping super fast (3 business days and free!) and I'm very happy with their rigorous communication on every step of the process.

Ok getting on to my actual procedure I will be using:

I've created a glove box using a 40 or so gallon rubbermaid clear tub, tall enough for me to fit my syringe and pint wide mouth jars standing up for the inoculation:

I have 12 wide mouth pint ball jars that I have fitted with a GE hole and an inoc hole of RTV:

So I have 12 jars. I have 10cc Blue oyster, 10cc Yellow; 20cc for 12 jars. I will do 4 WBS jars with 5cc, then to G2G for the rest.
So 8 jars left.
2 will be Aspen shavings/Coffee ground
2 will be WBS/Aspen
2 will be Coffee/Aspen
2 will be Coir

As of yet I'm still in the planning stage. I want to be skilled enough to take this outside in the spring and I know that indoor wood species is more difficult than doing it on in a laundry basket for example outdoors, but this winter is boring with almost no snow and I want to try it out.

Here are the substrates:

I'm still not 100% on how I'm going to do the tray/cake/tower. I was thinking I could spawn the above spawn jars to larger cakes of aspen/coir. I've got a bunch of old milk gallons and bleach containers, etc. that I might use because I understand that oysters like to fruit from the sides of vertical columns.
I've read conflicting comments from trusted cultivators on aspen. I believe its gonna be fine since I'm cultivating oysters. Also I have two kinds of WBS, the one pictured and a more standard mixture with more millet and other grains and not as much corn as in the Geese and Duck feed. I'm going to experiment on both because I couldn't find much results with this type of mixture.

:confused:Questions:confused::
Does anyone have experience with aspen and what was your impression as far as yield and time?
Does the column aspect of oyster preference matter and should I focus on that when deciding how to set up the FC?
Am I missing anything here before I dive headfirst into the blue oyster cultivation?

btw I will be using a SGFC, 120 gal I believe.

Any help is much appreciated. I absolutely love this site and will not stop reading and figuring out as I go. I want to contribute to this beautiful and evolving knowledge base and I hope that others will help me to do so :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSillyputty67

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Yellow & Blue Oysters w/WBS, WBS/Aspen Pet Bedding, just Aspen, and additives [Re: gypsyheel]
    #17517452 - 01/08/13 01:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You may wish to have this moved to the edibles forum. In here its a bunch of psycho-actives posting about psychoactives.

--------------------
1) Everything I ever posted or say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder