Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesw1sha
Stranger
Mycogrow.com
    #1750200 - 07/26/03 04:05 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sup? i was wondering if anyone has ordered any products from mycogrow.com?

I have been wanting to cultivate me own 'shrooms for a few years but never got around to it...i saw a banner to mycogrow on overgrow.com, and saw the little bag setups and thought hey this is catchy....

So has anyone here bought from them? If so have the shrooms turned out good? what type did you grow out? I was thinking of getting the "Treasure Coast" or the Puerto Ricans...any comments?

Also, i kind of think its a little pricey, but im in desperation for some....and id also like to try a diffrent type then the wild cubensis ive been picking/eating for years.

thx for any help

sw1sh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: sw1sha]
    #1750569 - 07/26/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I try to advise most people to avoid grow kits/bags. The pf tek is way cheaper, minimal inital investment. It also yeilds more and the potential to move up to casings then bulk then grains will be easier and more natural. A lot of my cronies actually make their own grow bags if need be, so even those are ridiculously priced.

I made a visit to mycogrow and was blown away from their prices. ($40 canadian for a syringe, i think, i wasn't sure if the word "kit" meant it came with more than one syringe. It just said "spores".)

Don't waist your money.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Edited by soochi (07/26/03 11:41 AM)

OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: soochi]
    #1750585 - 07/26/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

but growbags are good for a first time grow because you dont have to measure out any substrate or anything like that, the hardest part about a growbag is innoculating it, and that is very simple.

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: soochi]
    #1750949 - 07/26/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
I try to advise most people to avoid grow kits/bags. The pf tek is way cheaper, minimal inital investment. It also yeilds more and the potential to move up to casings then bulk then grains will be easier and more natural. A lot of my cronies actually make their own grow bags if need be, so even those are ridiculously priced.

Don't waist your money.

I totaly agree,I always say the same thing about grow kits and myco-bags cost too much and you can only use them once(myco-bags) where as jars are alot cheaper and can be used over and over.But if yout new to growing and you have extra money to waste then it's your call,but trust us it don't feel the same when you grow your own mushrooms from start to finish anybody can stick an needle in a myco-bag grow kit

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinesw1sha
Stranger
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1751531 - 07/26/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for the help guys :smile:

Ya, i agree they are kind of a ripoff, but honestly i cant do the PF Tek because of my G/F who lives with me... enough said :frown:

anyways, i emailed the mycogrow guys and they emailed back quickly, i asked them if it would be possible to get 2 diff spore types instead of 1, and just split the amount.... nope :frown: BUT, he is going to give me a free 10cc syringe of "B+" when i make my order :smile:

im willin to get ripped off a little to get some good shrooms, im tired of cow pasture journeys and finding pastures...its frickin hot as hell in Houston :|

thx again

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#1751576 - 07/26/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

dude nooo
theres way better websites for that
cancel your order :blush:
even this:
http://www.micronmagick.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=Catalog.Catalog&CategoryID=7
get 4 straw bags for 55 bucks

Offlinesw1sha
Stranger
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: ]
    #1751914 - 07/26/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sweet morrowind thanks :laugh: glad i havnt ordered yet :smile: (not ordering w/ CC)

also that site says you can get multiple flushes :laugh: badass :laugh:

thx again :smile:

*edit* so i should get the straw instead of grain? whats the diff. between them?

*edit 2* any suggestions for a strain to try? im probably going to order off of thehawkseye.com , i was thinking either "Thai Koh Samui Super Strain" or "B+".

Edited by sw1sha (07/26/03 11:34 PM)

Offlinesw1sha
Stranger
    #1752619 - 07/27/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

shamless bump :/

OfflineBatFly
captain obvious

#1796192 - 08/09/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i have b+ from the hawks eyes, they germinate fairly slow and take a lil to fruit, but they are addaptable to different humidities and temperatures. i've only heard things about the super strain, such as quick fruiter and potent. that is prolly gonna be my next purchae.

InvisibleShamanorrhea
Stranger
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: BatFly]
    #1796243 - 08/09/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I had a Thai KS print from TheHawksEye.com. Like BatFly, my spores were slow to germinate and colonize. This could have been for a number of reasons, so my results are not indicative of Ryche's print quality.

If you insist on using a spawn bag setup, I suggest that you PM daba (he's a member here). He is reliable, honest and not out to make a quick buck like the rest of the community.

OfflineErik006
MushroomCultivator

Loc: Ontario
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: Shamanorrhea]
    #1796283 - 08/09/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sw1sha, ofcourse i agree with psylocybin monkey, try to avoid grow bags. But then again, you can grow because you want the mushrooms, or you can grow because you like mushrooms and like the science of the growing.

The difference between grain & straw is mostly the nutrients, which has an effect on fruitbody formation and potency. In my opinion a grainbag would be better, because straw has to be colonised within a 2 week period or it will contaminate. (ive never worked with bags before so correct me if im wrong) Grain on the other hand wont.

ofcourse you could buy 2 bags, one grain and one straw. Open up the grain bag once its fully colonised and use some of it to spawn the straw bag.

Strains, I have some ecuador, malabar, Golden Teacher Incubating and Panama growing in my outdoor bed. I must say Golden Teacher is the fastest coloniser so far, followed closely by ecuador and malabar. My Panama showed alot of rhyzomorphic growth, and so does the GT, this seems to be a little less with Malabar.

As far as potency is concerned there shouldn't be to much of a difference. If you ask me just go with Ecuador, many people seem to be pleased with this strain.

--------------------
At last you know what ineffable is, and what ecstacy means

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Mycogrow.com [Re: Erik006]
    #1797621 - 08/10/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The difference between grain & straw is mostly the nutrients, which has an effect on fruitbody formation and potency. In my opinion a grainbag would be better, because straw has to be colonised within a 2 week period or it will contaminate. (ive never worked with bags before so correct me if im wrong) Grain on the other hand wont.

ofcourse you could buy 2 bags, one grain and one straw. Open up the grain bag once its fully colonised and use some of it to spawn the straw bag.

Our straw based bags are sterilized so they will not contaminate any easier/harder than any other food sterilized source.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract