Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHildebrand Glossop
Stranger
Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin
    #17475992 - 12/31/12 10:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings,

SWIM is planning one/multiple ayahuasca preparations for healing purposes. This person is struggling with depression/anxiety/ADD, and has been on 450mg Wellbutrin for two years. SWIM is also prescribed klonopin for anxiety, but only takes .5mg once or twice a week. This person also drinks St. Johns wort tea frequently as well. Edit: forgot to mention, he takes l-tryptophan and 5-htp daily as well, but will likely stop this several days before drinking the aya.

SWIM has purchased: 570g shredded caapi, 228g Mimosa Hostilis "Juruema", 56g P. Viridis. As he understands it, a good brew would be about 50g caapi(triple-washed), and 10-15g Mimosa(triple-washed as well). SWIM might brew a few grams of the Viridis in just to make it a traditional Aya to boot. Passionflower tincture is also on hand as an additional MAOI if needed.

Does anyone have experience/advice on the Wellbutrin interacting with the Aya? Allegedly it is not an MAOI, and SWIM has taken large quantities of LDS without stopping Wellbutrin or St. Johns Wort without any problems at all.

But, they understand that aya is NOT like LSD or any other substance, so is looking for some guidance here. Ideally, he would like to start at a half dose of the Aya, then use the full dose several times(or until he has some insight/healing on his issues). LSD was somewhat helpful on temporarily eliminating his problems, but now they are getting worse, and neither therapy/medication/meditation/etc is helping at all, he is turning to aya for aid.

Thank you.

Edited by Hildebrand Glossop (12/31/12 10:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDR. BADNEWS
Professional

Re: Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin [Re: Hildebrand Glossop]
    #17476123 - 12/31/12 11:19 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hildebrand Glossop said:
Greetings,

SWIM is planning one/multiple ayahuasca preparations for healing purposes. This person is struggling with depression/anxiety/ADD, and has been on 450mg Wellbutrin for two years. SWIM is also prescribed klonopin for anxiety, but only takes .5mg once or twice a week. This person also drinks St. Johns wort tea frequently as well. Edit: forgot to mention, he takes l-tryptophan and 5-htp daily as well, but will likely stop this several days before drinking the aya.

SWIM has purchased: 570g shredded caapi, 228g Mimosa Hostilis "Juruema", 56g P. Viridis. As he understands it, a good brew would be about 50g caapi(triple-washed), and 10-15g Mimosa(triple-washed as well). SWIM might brew a few grams of the Viridis in just to make it a traditional Aya to boot. Passionflower tincture is also on hand as an additional MAOI if needed.

Does anyone have experience/advice on the Wellbutrin interacting with the Aya? Allegedly it is not an MAOI, and SWIM has taken large quantities of LDS without stopping Wellbutrin or St. Johns Wort without any problems at all.

But, they understand that aya is NOT like LSD or any other substance, so is looking for some guidance here. Ideally, he would like to start at a half dose of the Aya, then use the full dose several times(or until he has some insight/healing on his issues). LSD was somewhat helpful on temporarily eliminating his problems, but now they are getting worse, and neither therapy/medication/meditation/etc is helping at all, he is turning to aya for aid.

Thank you.

There's no need to "SWIM" here. "All information is 100% unadulturated bull shit strictly for entertainment purposes", remember?

Anyways, I'd lay off the anti-depressants for a few days before taking LSD. SSRI's are known to kill the intensity of the trip, even when taken days before hand. But if you say you experienced nothing different on LSD without stopping the Wellbutrin, then you should really have a problem taking it with Ayahuasca. Benzo's will ultimately kill a trip all together, which can be handy if a trip gets out of hand.

Ayahuasca is "kinda" like a super intensified LSD peak for 8-12 hours.

--------------------
Drugs to do:
Marijuana, LSD, LSA, ALD-52, AL-LAD, Ibogaine, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, DiPT, Psilocybin/Psilocin, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DET, Ketamine, MXE, PCP, DXM, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, MDMA, MDA,  Mescaline, Escaline, Proscaline, Allylescaline, TMA, 2C-i, 2C-b, 2C-c, 2C-d, 2C-e, 2C-g, 2C-h, 2C-n, 2C-p, 2C-t-2, 2C-t-4, 2C-t-7, 2C-t-21, 3C-e, 3C-p, DOI, DOB, DOC, DOM, 25i-nBOMe, 25b-nBOMe, 25c-nBOMe, 25d-nBOMe, 25g-nBOMe, 25h-nBOMe, 25n-nBOMe, 25iP-nBOMe, Cocaine, Heroin, Morphine, Codeine, Methadone, Oxycodone/Oxymorphone, Hydrocodone/Hydromorphone, Suboxone, Fentanyl, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Diazepam, Temazepam, Phenazepam, Midazolam, Etizolam

Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin [Re: DR. BADNEWS]
    #17476152 - 12/31/12 11:27 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I don't think I could survive even a day without the Wellbutrin, so that's good to hear. I won't take the benzos for a few days before, and maybe take one at the end of the trip if I have trouble sleeping(that happens on lsd, sometimes I can't sleep for days unless I take a downer of some kind.)

OfflineDR. BADNEWS
Professional

#17476311 - 12/31/12 12:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hildebrand Glossop said:
Thanks for the info. I don't think I could survive even a day without the Wellbutrin, so that's good to hear. I won't take the benzos for a few days before, and maybe take one at the end of the trip if I have trouble sleeping(that happens on lsd, sometimes I can't sleep for days unless I take a downer of some kind.)

DMT isn't quite as stimulating as LSD. LSD is a full blown stimulant comparable to Cocaine.

--------------------
Drugs to do:
Marijuana, LSD, LSA, ALD-52, AL-LAD, Ibogaine, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, DiPT, Psilocybin/Psilocin, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DET, Ketamine, MXE, PCP, DXM, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, MDMA, MDA,  Mescaline, Escaline, Proscaline, Allylescaline, TMA, 2C-i, 2C-b, 2C-c, 2C-d, 2C-e, 2C-g, 2C-h, 2C-n, 2C-p, 2C-t-2, 2C-t-4, 2C-t-7, 2C-t-21, 3C-e, 3C-p, DOI, DOB, DOC, DOM, 25i-nBOMe, 25b-nBOMe, 25c-nBOMe, 25d-nBOMe, 25g-nBOMe, 25h-nBOMe, 25n-nBOMe, 25iP-nBOMe, Cocaine, Heroin, Morphine, Codeine, Methadone, Oxycodone/Oxymorphone, Hydrocodone/Hydromorphone, Suboxone, Fentanyl, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, Diazepam, Temazepam, Phenazepam, Midazolam, Etizolam

Stranger
    #17476414 - 12/31/12 12:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Also interesting. Does anyone think I should mix the Passionflower extract with the Caapi brew, or would that be a bad idea? Also, will taking 5-htp and tryptophan before drinking probably cause seretonin syndrome?

Offlinewire5
Hippie Born too Late
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rollin' on the River
    #17476457 - 12/31/12 12:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know about the 5-htp (I keep it around for after a trip), however you probably shouldn't do the passion flower extract if it is your first time. MAOI's can significantly increase the potency of the trip, you'd probably be better easing yourself in a little bit, and not dive head first.

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Re: Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin [Re: wire5]
    #17476615 - 12/31/12 01:03 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Antidepressants should not be mixed with maoi.  It can be dangerous.  Check here:  link

Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin [Re: 4HO-DMT]
    #17476679 - 12/31/12 01:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My wellbutrin is not the XR kind, just the regular so I take 150mg 3x a day. From that link posted, it says that MAOIs may cause interaction and

"The risk of toxic effects from your bupropion may increase. Toxic effects may include anxiety, palpitations, agitation, tremors, fainting, dizziness, slowed movements, difficulty urinating, decreased sex drive, drowsiness, or seizures."

I know that there would be some risk if I take aya while on wellbutrin; I've never had a seizure, and currently I'm looking for evidence that anyone has had a seizure due to taking MAOI+Wellbutrin.

OfflineDR. BADNEWS
Professional

#17476776 - 12/31/12 01:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hildebrand Glossop said:
My wellbutrin is not the XR kind, just the regular so I take 150mg 3x a day. From that link posted, it says that MAOIs may cause interaction and

"The risk of toxic effects from your bupropion may increase. Toxic effects may include anxiety, palpitations, agitation, tremors, fainting, dizziness, slowed movements, difficulty urinating, decreased sex drive, drowsiness, or seizures."

I know that there would be some risk if I take aya while on wellbutrin; I've never had a seizure, and currently I'm looking for evidence that anyone has had a seizure due to taking MAOI+Wellbutrin.

Ohhhh Bupropion... that's an amphetamine. Not just your average SSRI.

--------------------
Drugs to do:

Stranger
    #17477167 - 12/31/12 02:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

According to my research, it's amphetamine-esque; technically an NDRI, like amphetamine. However, it's classified as "substituted amphetamine" according to wikipedia. In my experience with it, it's not much of an amphetamine at all, or else it would be doing something for my ADD.

OfflineDR. BADNEWS
Professional

#17477692 - 12/31/12 05:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hildebrand Glossop said:
According to my research, it's amphetamine-esque; technically an NDRI, like amphetamine. However, it's classified as "substituted amphetamine" according to wikipedia. In my experience with it, it's not much of an amphetamine at all, or else it would be doing something for my ADD.

It's certainly not as strong of an amphetamine as dextroamphetamine, but there is a noticable change in behavior when one with ADHD is on it.

--------------------
Drugs to do:

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

#17477865 - 12/31/12 05:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

As per a current Shroomery news article, suddenly stopping your SSRI can turn you into a mass murderering zombie.  Cheers!

--------------------

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#17477888 - 12/31/12 05:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It may not feel like an amphetamine but maois amplify everything. Caffeine while on aya makes me feel like I'm on meth. You need to do much much much more research post on the aya boards, the nexus, bluelight, ect. Just because you haven't had a particular side effect of a med your on doesn't mean you won't while taking something that significantly strengthens other chemicals.

Do you have a sitter? Or at least someone you can call who can come over or drive you to a hospital if needed? The doses you mentioned also could potentially make for a rough ride for a first timer.

Aaaaaaaannnnnddddddd I may get flamed but speaking from plenty of aya experience and psychadelics in general......a lot of the time the solution to a trauma or problem isn't found in drugs :shrug:

Good luck and do much much much more research.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin [Re: Rewindicus]
    #17478696 - 12/31/12 08:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks, I think I'll do a half-dose to start, and just not take the wellbutrin once I take the MAOI. I will have someone sober there in case anything goes wrong, and I have the benzos on hand in case I need to abort or anything.

btw, I have at least a week, maybe two before all my materials arrive in the mail. I've been doing lots of research, and have plenty of time to do further research.

Good advice that drugs are not usually the answer to problems, but according to this article:http://www.ayahuasca.com/spirit/ayahuasca-neurogenesis-and-depression/
use of aya may increase the density of 5-htp receptors in the brain, therefore possibly easing both the chemical and emotional causes of depression.
You guys are awesome, I really appreciate all the advice:)

Edited by Hildebrand Glossop (12/31/12 09:04 PM)

Stranger
Re: Ayahuasca, Wellbutrin, Klonopin [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #17478708 - 12/31/12 08:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

link please? it's not an ssri, and I've forgotten to take it for a day or so before, and I just get really depressed/irritable. I don't doubt the effect of stopping SSRIs tho, those are some scary drugs man(plus the docs hand em out like candy).

I may try very small doses of caapi alone to see how it interacts with the bupropion. I've been reading that lots of people take it(unadvised) with MAOIs without any problem; however I would rather test this with microdoses before drinking even a half-dose of the entire aya brew. Any thoughts?

Edited by Hildebrand Glossop (12/31/12 09:43 PM)

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

#17482272 - 01/01/13 06:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder