Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Who here enjoys TECHNO
    #1743061 - 07/23/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Being a curious entity, I wonder what other shroomerites appreciate (in the techno department). If you can appreciate techno in any of its glorious forms, tell me what kind it is you like, and which artists you love. Do you go to raves? Whats your rave scene like around where you live?

In Oregon the techno seemed to have died compared to 5 years ago.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #1743065 - 07/23/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I prefer hard trance, and hard house.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1743076 - 07/23/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I feel like everyone here that I grew up with that is still around or moved here(from somewhere in the US) is predisposed to like RAP>  Its like a lost techno fein in a field of rappers and death rockers.

I enjoy death,
and rap,
just most of it sux.. in my opinion.

Maybe too many raves fucked up my head and its all I know.  :nut: 

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1743091 - 07/23/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you know I be livin in da urban jungle, mon!

my staple is drumnbass like they play on the live DJ sets at night on  www.bassdrive.com !!!

I also enjoy deep house and psytrance.

the scene where I live has generally devolved to shit due to many factors such as the economy/police crackin down/shady business among promoters/ all kindsa shit.

but we've always had a relatively strong scene and we always will.  right now we got a lot of warehouses goin down that shift locations so the cops cant find us.  I know for a fact the promoters aint makin shit, tho.  not like back in the day when you could rent a huge venue and big names and make a million in one night!

I don't like to give away my exact location in posts so lets just say I live down south :smile: 

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1743107 - 07/23/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

portland portland portland is my location lol. Here the raves are legal, the cops are there NEXT to peple sellin shit and trippin their balls off. They cant do shit about it either unless they see the fuckin drugs. It's weird. Drum and Bass is amongst some of my favorite music. Gota dig the tricky beats.

--------------------

Invisibled4a2n0k
The Dude
Male User Gallery

#1743158 - 07/23/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know what your saying about liking techno in a schene of people that like rap and metal, thats what its like around here. I like drum n bass jungle and breaks, some fav djs are Dj icey, aphrodite, danny the wildchild, ak1200

--------------------
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: d4a2n0k]
    #1743206 - 07/23/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I enoy rap and metal too

I also enjoy classical and punk.

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1743448 - 07/24/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I enjoy all music that has talent and comes together as my ears want it to.  Most of that music I call techno :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepolarity
vagabond
Loc: Jackson, MS
    #1744450 - 07/24/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I really like hard trance and vocal trance. If you're into vocal trance look up DJ Doboy. His mixes are always good.

In Central MS here and the rave scene, is practically non existant from what I can tell. I can't ever find a rave. They do have some in New Orleans though..

--------------------
But I?ll survive, the pain lets me know I?m alive.
But I still feel that this ain?t livin.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: polarity]
    #1744638 - 07/24/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

preschooler takes a 4g breaks out his shoe strings and light sticks.

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #1746071 - 07/24/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am from NY but moved there from Moscow. Can't stand rap. Techno is hot I am feeling Dave Clarke, Mauro Picatto,Adam Bayer, Umek, Carl mother fucking COX.

--------------------
I'm not smiling because your joke was funny... I'm smiling because I know you'll be dead someday.

.........but it basically stems from the music, and im just hoping that people understand that moneys one thing................but soul is another.

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: Kalbaska]
    #1746594 - 07/25/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My favorite genre of what other generalize as "techno" (which I call electronic music) is psy-trance....my favorite artists are:

Infected Mushroom
Astral Projection
Simon Posford (Shpongle/Hallucinogen/The Infinity Project)
Logic Bomb
Talpa
Etnica (Pleiadians)

Among many many others. :smile:

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1746892 - 07/25/03 01:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone know if Aphex Twin will ever be coming to the USA soon?

--------------------

InvisibleLoriiii
barbie core

Loc: Israel
    #1747158 - 07/25/03 05:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I enjoy mostly old 90s techno, not that shitty techno of nowdays which is more close to house music. Also I like hardcore techno, some gabber but above all I like DRUM AND BASS\JUNGLE.

We got a nice drum and bass scene in Israel, really small one, but a quality 1. We got parties in local clubs and every few months there are kewl raves held in underground places, like deserted parking spaces or old garages. The raves usually contain 3 floors , dnb, techno and underground hip hop.

Trance scene is alot bigger here. Many famous trance artists are israelian like infected mushroom, dark soho and many other big names. you can hear club trance in almost every local club, along with hard house music and so on. There's also a great scene of trance parties which are held in the nature, in places like forests, near rivers or mountains. most of those parties have full on trance, some play psy trance and there's also a small yet growwing bigger fini trance parties.
The police's policy is against those parties which are known as "acid parties". Thier policy is to seek for those parties and close them. Ive heard recently there's a new government law that says police cant close parties before 7 or 8 in the morning, so people wont drive stoned..
dunno if its just a rumor, but last nature party ive been, got closed at 8 and some ugly policemen asked from each person that was present in this party- his i.d number.. and also some ugly cop checked my bag and my car for drugs. "fuck the police, fuck fuck fuck the police" (n.w.a)

OfflinemrDylan
Stranger
    #1749335 - 07/25/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All music is good as long as it makes me move

Some genres: Goa, Drum and Bass, Ambient, World Beats, Rap/HipHop (yes), Chill ouT, ect..

Artists include --> Infected Mushroom, Deiselboy, Orbital, The Orb, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Tupac, Shpongle, Four Tet, Mr Scruff, Peace orchestra, Dr. Dre...

theres more but the mind is blank

--------------------
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.

Invisibleiglou
enthusiast
Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: mrDylan]
    #1749461 - 07/25/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

www.groovetech.com is the place to listen/purchase vinyl.

peace.

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: iglou]
    #1749541 - 07/25/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What the fuck do you know about DETROIT TECHNO???
WAAAA WOMP WOMP WOMP some filthy beats.

--------------------
I'm not smiling because your joke was funny... I'm smiling because I know you'll be dead someday.

.........but it basically stems from the music, and im just hoping that people understand that moneys one thing................but soul is another.

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

#1749571 - 07/25/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All those DJ are hot no matter from their style Techno,Tribal,Trance,DNB,Disc or any other ones those names will go down in the history of electronic music:

TIESTO,PAUL VAN DYK,PAUL OAKENFOLD,SASHA, JOHN DIGWEED ,GEORGE ACOSTA,MAURO PICOTTO,CARL COX,IRENE,FERRY CORSTEN,JUDGE JULES,DANNY TENAGLIA,ARMIN VAN BUUREN,ATB,DEEP DISH,DIESELBOY,KIMBALL COLLINS,SANDRA COLLINS,KAI TRACID,COSMIC GATE,BLANK AND JONES,TALL PAUL,PETE TONG,SEB FONTAINE,LISA LASHES,MAX GRAHAM,SCOT PROJECT,FRANKIE BONES,DANNY HOWELLS,MARIO PIU,ANTHONY PAPPA,ERICK MORILLO,FERGIE,JONATHAN PETERS, TONY DRAPER, SHAWN INK, JOHNY VICIOUS, HEX HECTOR,DUMONDE,SUPERCHUMBO,SYSTEM F,STEVE LAWLER,ROGER SANCHEZ,TOM STEPHAN,ICEY,BAD BOY BILL,MICRO,TIMO MAAS,MARCO V, BT,DONALD GLAUDE,MARK OLIVER,BABY ANNE,TALLA 2XLC,NICK WARREN,DAVE SEAMAN,RICHARD HUMPTY VISSION,FATBOY SLIM,DAN,AK1200,SANDER KLEINENBERG,TATANA,SCOTT BOND,OSCAR G,ALEX GOLD,DAVE CLARKE,DAVE RALPH,CHEMICAL BROTHERS,ARMAND VAN HELDEN,CJ BOLLAND,ROBBIE RIVERA,STEVE PORTER,NOEL SANGER,FABIO MC,SCUMFROG,ANDY HUNTER,JOHN CREAMER,PQM,WARP BROTHERS,CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE,TAUCHER,BOSSI,EDGAR V,JAMES HOLDEN,BENNY BENASSI.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1749930 - 07/26/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like Psytrance, Drum&Bass, Drill&Bass, Intelligent, Progressive Trance, Deep trance and ambient.

Astral Projection, Dark Soho, Juno Reactor and Aphex Twin are at the top of my list for favorites.

The techno scene here in Denver has died for the most part. There has been a crackdown on them, especially about a year ago. I kinda don't mind thow, cuz the raves here aren't (wern't) my style (they were then).

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleRevCo
Stranger

Re: Who here enjoys TECHNO [Re: Murex]
    #1750102 - 07/26/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I do know of a pretty decent bunch of guys doing some unbelievable shit.

First check out http://www.deepchord.com .
Minimal lo -fi techno...

Then their friends-

http://www.octalrecords.com .
they used to minimal techno , but have moved on to something extremely fucked. you can hear their stuff at: http://www.nuloop.com/label_result.php?sendlab=1739&label=OCTAL

Problem with both labels ( well at least with Octal anyway) is that they delete the damn records the day they come out and people have to fight on ebay and pay ridiculous amounts for a coloured wax.

the guy who runs octal records was friends with Terence Mckenna and did a release with him back in 1995. I think he also did a project with John C. Lilly.

If your into breaks /electro-
check out http://www.dopecomputer.com

thats how I found out about Octal and Deepchord through the links @ Dope Computer. I am more into the breaks thing..

And for something completely different:
Apoptygma Berzerk ( or Apaptygma- not sure on the spelling) seems to be a cool techno/ industrial band. they have a great song called "end of the world" . I figured i would mention it becuase it just has a hook that you cant get out of your head!

---

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies