Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Salvia First Trip
    #1727725 - 07/18/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My apologies for the coarseness of this trip report.  It's the day after and I won?t have time to write for the next few days.  Better a coarse report with the experience fresh in my mind than a polished report days later, so here it is?

I?d been wanting to dance with Lady Salvia for a long time and things finally came together this week.  A close friend and frequent rolling/tripping buddy had some 5X which he?d given me about a month before.  I was saving it until we could try it together and  the opportunity was finally here.  He?d done it before and offered to baby-sit me on my first trip which I was grateful for.

We were in my living room.  Based on my usual lively physical reaction to nitrous oxide, we decided to move some of the furniture and put away the breakables.  It was mid-morning on a sunny day.  The curtains were open, and I could see the sky from my sitting position on the floor.  I prepared myself as much as one can for this kind of thing, then I loaded the bong.  My sitter helped me hold the bong as I put the flame to it and began inhaling.

The first thing I noticed was that the taste was different then weed; not better or worse, but definitely different? sharper.  I inhaled as much as I could, then put the bong down on the floor.  My sitter looked at me; the question in his mind obvious on his face: ?Do you feel it yet??.  I held my hand up and rocked it to indicate that I felt something but not much yet.  About 20 seconds passed; this is about the time it takes blood to return along the pulmonary vain to the heart, exit the aorta, and reach the brain and I thought I should be feeling something by that time.  I looked around the room and noticed that things began to have a distinct edge.  It looked like a picture in PhotoShop to which the Edge effect was added.  The edges of  objects drew my attention more than the centers.  I also felt as if I was floating on a rubber raft on a carpet of water and waves were propagating under me.  The period of the waves was about a half second and I thought, ?Hmm? delta brainwaves.?  Delta waves are normally associated with deep, dreamless, non-REM sleep.  I don?t know if there was a relation there, but it was interesting to consider.

I noticed that the carefully-selected trippy music I had playing sounded flat and boring as if the bass and treble controls had been set all the way down.  The volume seemed to have dropped significantly also.  I made a mental note of how irrelevant the music seemed to have become, and continued to hold my breath.

I finally exhaled and pointed at the bong; my sitter quickly reloaded.  This time, heeding his warning that I might drop it, I left the bong on the floor as I took my second hit.  I drew in as much as I could then held it for about 20 seconds.  I exhaled fully, then took in one last big draw as the effect began to intensify.  I started intentionally rocking (or at least I thought I did) at the same rate as the waves that were passing by underneath me.  It?s a meditation technique called Brainwave Entrainment which I?ve used before.  The idea is to intentionally emphasize certain brainwaves by using external stimuli or body or thought rhythms at the rate of the target brainwave.  I don?t know if it made any difference, but the wave effect definitely continued to intensify.

As I sat there feeling the waves they began to become visible in the carpet, walls, and furniture.  Then, the character of the waves changed from gentle, smooth, and rolling to abrupt with a steep attack and decay. 

The waves began to separate into individual creatures each sticking out of things, then receding back in unison.  They were everywhere; the walls, furniture, floor.  The ones on the floor kept trying to poke their head out but I was sitting on them and as they pushed, I could feel them distinctly pushing against my butt and legs.  The pushing got stronger, and I almost fell over and had to hold onto the couch next to me. This effect is called Salvia Gravity.

Next, the creatures pushed completely out of things and stood like tall insects? like those brown walking-sticks you see on bushes sometimes.  They didn?t seem threatening and they didn?t communicate with me.  It was more like they were there all my life minding their own business and I just happened to notice them for the first time.  I watched fascinated as the holes they wiggled out of began to grow in the same fashion that a crack spreads through glass.  The cracks continued to spread from hundreds of holes where the walking-sticks came out of.  Then, as one crack met another, they joined and that part of reality fell away leaving nothing in its place.  It was like what existed before the Big Bang.  Not emptiness? that?s something.  What was left in those holes was beyond emptiness.  It was non-existence.  There was no time, no space, no constructs of mathematics? nothing.  It was very strange.

I felt something on my lower lip and realized I was drooling.  This brought me back to reality somewhat, and I wiped my chin, then stood and walked to the kitchen for a paper towel.  The spit in my mouth felt like it had congealed into something with the consistency of chewing gum.  I spit it out in the sink and rinsed my mouth out, then walked back to where my sitter was.

Things were starting to return to normal by this time.  The stick-creatures were gone and there was only the wave effect left.  I took a few deep breaths and smiled at my sitter who said something like ?see what I mean? it?s not the kind of thing you?d want to do all the time.?  He was right.

As the effect continued to ebb, I noticed that the trip somehow had a familiar quality to it.  It felt like I?d tripped on Salvia as a child.  I know this to be untrue, but I couldn?t shake the intense feeling of familiarity.  It also seemed like, when I?d seemingly tripped on Salvia as a child, it was in a forest with aboriginal or South American natives.  Some may suggest a prior life?  I don?t believe in that sort of thing? but?

After a few more minutes, most of the effect had gone and I was left with a very weird trip to think about.  All told, I?m glad for the experience which while almost unbearably intense, and not exactly fun, was intriguing.  I?m looking forward to my next dance.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: Diploid]
    #1727742 - 07/18/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

nice report, dip  :thumbup:

i'm still waiting for my order of 5x.  ugh, it was shipped on the 13th...and patience is not one of my virtues.

again, excellent report.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflinePsilo707
Entheonaut

Loc: Bay Area, California
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: Viaggio]
    #1729113 - 07/18/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

nice report... sounds like a pretty positive trip.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1734382 - 07/21/03 08:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like an amazing experience, you lived a very special moment :rocket: :thumbup: :crazy2: :bong: :stash: 

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: DailyPot]
    #1734553 - 07/21/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

that description of "floating on a carpet on water" describes what i felt on salvia very well.....its a weird feeling...like your being dragged or pulled and shit

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1734733 - 07/21/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

like your being dragged or pulled and shit 

Exactly!

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Offlinekhemfusion
battleaxewarrior

Loc: West Coast Canada
    #1736775 - 07/21/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've heard it described as "Salvia Gravity"

the feeling of being pulled to one area

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: khemfusion]
    #1740006 - 07/22/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, in one distinct direction usually for me. The first time I smoked salvia I felt like my whole body was being stretched backward over the chair I was sitting in, but I was moving in increments, and each increment was a totally separate reality.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineJesus_v2
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1743351 - 07/23/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

To me, I want to grow Salvia (seeing how its legal) and also cuz I would rather try eating it than Smoking it, I know that with smoking it the effects hit and dissapear very quickly but I have heard nothing of eating it! Also for all u future Salvia ppl, If you dont already know, do not try rolling it in a joint, Salvia needs to reach a cetain temperature or something for it to work, thats why use a pipe or bong!

Have a nice Trip!

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: Jesus_v2]
    #1750244 - 07/26/03 05:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Joints will work. I've had some trippy experiences with mixing Salvia (0,35g of 10X) and MJ in a joint. You just need to take big long and very deep tokes. I'm sure not all the Salvia burned up, but the effects were definately more and stranger than weed alone.
You could also smoke the joint with a flame touching the end.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinetotin
Stranger

Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1752782 - 07/27/03 10:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Joints will work. I've had some trippy experiences with mixing Salvia (0,35g of 10X) and MJ in a joint. You just need to take big long and very deep tokes. I'm sure not all the Salvia burned up, but the effects were definately more and stranger than weed alone.
You could also smoke the joint with a flame touching the end. "

As far as I know and through my own experience, that will not work...placebo.  Salvia-a is released or activated (im no chemist, and i just woke up...) at a much higher temp than thc.  You HAVE to use a hot butane lighter or some hot lighter to light the salvia.  The first time i smoked the stuff, we used a normal lighter...no effects.  Second time we used a butane lighter, but it was running out of fluid, no effects.  Third-4th time I smoked it, brand new butane lighter, full effects :laugh: 

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: totin]
    #1752788 - 07/27/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Salvia+weed does work! I'am 100% sure it isn't placebo. If you do what cybrbeast said, you will trip. Not as intense as pure salvia but still very trippy. Try it, I love it!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: Annom]
    #1752836 - 07/27/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

plenty of times we've smoked salvia in joints, and it has worked. you won't break through, but you'll get a synergy between salvia's "stoning" effects and the normal THC high. Nothing special, but its fun.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: totin]
    #1753022 - 07/27/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

As far as I know and through my own experience, that will not work...placebo. Salvia-a is released or activated (im no chemist, and i just woke up...) at a much higher temp than thc. 

A higher temperature may be better, but an ordinary lighter works fine.  The trip I reported above was done with a bong and an ordinary lighter.  Next time I'll try a hotter flame, and I'll post another trip report comparing the two.

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1753778 - 07/27/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'll chip in here, too. You do get -some- effect from Salvia when it's burned in a joint -- but there's no way that you're going to get a full salvia-effect off of it. This is a decent way to deliver it with other, synergistic chemicals, though.

I rolled a joint and cut it with salvia once, because I didn't have tobacco and the pot was just too damned resiny. %) I just used straight (but relatively potent) leaf, and didn't expect anything from the Sally -- but I definitely got an effect from teh Salvia. Not much, but I got that visual noise kinda stuff you get with low-dose salvia in dark rooms. This combined very well with the pot, and lead it in a slightly different direction than usual.

Oh -- you don't need a torch lighter to do salvia -- a regular butane lighter is fine, so long as the flame is on the salvia the whole time.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: Sev]
    #1753787 - 07/27/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, BTW -- excellent trip report.  I'd give you a 5-shroom, but the system doesn't seem to be working at the moment.  :P 

I've found that silence, or very low music, is best when doing Salvia -- at least, if you're doing it at a level where you can take notice of reality.  %)

Sally certainly is a strange and powerful drug.  I've found that I go through periods of use and non-use: For a few weeks, I'll do it once or twice a week, and then not touch it for half a year.  There's no real desire to do so, when you don't want to, if that makes sense.  :smile:

What do you think about the after-effects?  I"ve always found that I get a slight, creative and mental 'up' afterwards -- It's harder for me to get depressed, I feel (and am) more creative, for as much as a week afterwards.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: Sev]
    #1753924 - 07/27/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The days after Salvia I also have some sort of up. The world usually looks more beautiful. When I'm outside I pay more attention to details in the sky or nature. It's hard to explain but I just look at the world in a slightly different way.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: cybrbeast]
    #1755385 - 07/28/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've gotten the impression that 1/20th of a gram should elicit some effects, but have as yet to really experience much myself off of amounts in the 1/20th to 1/10th of a gram range (5X). Are other people finding that it must be used several times before having an experience? I've smoked it a few times now, and have used the extract as well available from www.sagewisdom.com , but even a fairly generous amount of that didn't elicit much of a response, although my mouth felt pretty 'burnt' for a day or so afterwards.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1755469 - 07/28/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I broke through on my second try when I doubled the dose. The amount people need seems to vary. But I think smoking technique and setting are most important. Because even at low doses I get some effects.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Salvia First Trip [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1755625 - 07/28/03 09:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

although my mouth felt pretty 'burnt' for a day or so afterwards.

Yuk, I know what you mean.  Salvia isn't gonna win any tastes tests.  :smile: 

--------------------
Republican Values:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds