Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAsmo
Stranger

Dark tips on mycelium.. ?
    #1725710 - 07/17/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

After a few days from being birthed into the growing chamber, our cakes started to get some fluffy mycelium growing on them (increased the fanning and it seemed to subside now). Anyhow, some of the fluffy mycelium looks sorta spiky, i guess they could best be described as thorns. About 4 or 5 days after the growth of the fluffy mycelium subsided, some of the "tips" of the spiky mycelium turned dark...a blackish-blue color. So I was wondering if this color change is a sign of contamination or maybe just aging of the mycelium..??

The strain I am using is South African. And sorry, I would really like to provide a picture but don't have a camera :frown:

Thanks

-Asmo 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Dark tips on mycelium.. ? [Re: Asmo]
    #1727043 - 07/18/03 04:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The "thorns" you describe are healthy rhizo growth, not a problem at all.
The mycelium is bruising for some reason, sometimes the bluing gets really dark. That shouldn't be a problem but maybe it could be the result of something you're doing bad, like messing with the Rh level and making it more dry. Sometimes mycelium reacts to such conditions, the process is understandable: less humidity, more air; more air, more psylocin oxidation.
You've got to reach a balance between air exchanges and humidity.
Btw, aged mycelium may also become bruised easier that not aged mycelium.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag