Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
3 more Liberty Caps Questions (sigh)
    #1725562 - 07/17/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

3 Questions:

1) How many liberty caps does one usually find in a typical cow field after heavy autumn rains? I am not asking for a specific number, but I am trying to gauge how prolific the typical fruiting is. Is it usually necessary to go into several cow fields in order to find enough for a trip, or do they pop up all over the place usually, making it easy to collect 50 or whatever in a single field? Does it vary by region? For instance, when it rains here and I find one foenisecii, I usually can find dozens to hundreds in the same area; however, when I find a button mushroom in the wild, I can usually only find 2 or 3 others.

2) The FAQ says that semis grow in upstate New York, and mjshroomer has said that they grow in Northern Quebec. If you're reading this mj, I would like to know if they also grow in Western Quebec, because I live near Ottawa, which is very close to the Ontario-Quebec border, and so if they grow in Western Quebec then it's likely that they also grow in Ottawa. If it is unlikely then I will not waste my time bothering the farmers.

3) Other than potency, is the experience really that different than a cubie high, and if someone has easy access to cubies in large amounts then is it really worth the effort of asking the farmers to look in their fields? Or is it a similar high with subtle differences, assuming that enough cubies are taken to get the same dosage as if lib caps were taken? I have heard that semis are very relaxing and give warm, soothing experiences. Well, friends, when I had the opportunity to try Ecuador cubies in low doses, I found the experience just that: warm and deeply relaxing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: 3 more Liberty Caps Questions (sigh) [Re: megaman3]
    #1725731 - 07/17/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

1.) on any given day (within thier growing season) you could well find 0-1 or you could find hundreds. there's no telling till you get out to the field.

2.) i have no idea on that one.

3.) some will dissagree, but i find the experience more intense and visual. sometimes it seems deeper/more connected even with low doses.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: 3 more Liberty Caps Questions (sigh) [Re: canid]
    #1725739 - 07/17/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have picked between 1600 to three thousand on farms in Noti Oregon. IT depends on weather conditions and how many are there and you can go back every other day and keep picking. In the field where I picked in Eugene, the shrooms grew from late August until january, especially if there was no freeze.

Remember also that liberty caps have been found in Peru and in Pune, India and also at altitudes of 4000 meters in Italia.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: 3 more Liberty Caps Questions (sigh) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1725755 - 07/17/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Liberty caps are about three to four times more potent than P. cubensis. one to two dried grams or 1/3 of a fresh ounce. That could be 20 to 40 mushrooms fresh.

They grow in New Brunswick and in Nova Scotia and P.E. Island.

They grow in Quebec. I am not too familar with Ontario so I cannot say if they are there or not.

mj

YEs they are cool shrooms, very visual in high dosages and very tranquil in their effect on the body.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (07/18/03 02:43 AM)

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
    #1726204 - 07/17/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Back in 1975 i picked 8 specimens of ps semilanceata from a lawn at a shoping mall in erksiths oregon. LIBERTY CAPS DO NOT GROW ON LAWNS. In 1978 i picked 6 specimens of ps semialwant at a nursery in brunswich washinton, again this was unusual and only for me because LIBERTY CAPS DO NOT GROW ON LAWNS. In 1987 i witnessed 3 lone specimnes fruiting from dung in some lawn with dung on it. lol i love mjshroomer.

--------------------
stay off my land

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #1726263 - 07/17/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

MJ you mean between 1600 and 3000 on a single farm in one picking, or total between many farms?

Also, you say that semis are very tranquil in their effect on the body, and I've heard this before. Is that to say that you find that cubensis is not? In high doses, then, semis are less likely to give you a bad trip than cubensis? Do you get less paranoid with semis than with cubes? Or do you mean that they are less speedy than other mushrooms?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1726343 - 07/17/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i'm thinking he meant in that year's hunting season.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: 3 more Liberty Caps Questions (sigh) [Re: canid]
    #1726941 - 07/18/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Imeant in a single day.

Also, YEs I too have picked liberty caps on lawns in Oregon at golf course along the Oregon coast and at several lawns in **** before they sold all the pasture lands south of there where a lot of fertilizers were coming formt hat region. For twenty years **** was a boon for P. stuntzii's. Practically every lawn there was wall to wall shrooms.

In the later 1980s and early 19990s, many of the farms were sold and one story non-poluting buildings were erected. many of them boeing buildings and they werere for a while treasuyres of shroom deposits.

I ever took Dr. Andrew WEil there to pick shrooms in 1978. He had never seen shrooms like those before in such abundance.

If you read some of the news clippings formthe PNW at my site you can get an idea of the pickers who were there then with liberty caps by the pounds form fielsds.

many fields from Bandon, Oregon all the way to British Colombia would have up to a hundred or more pickers in in a single field on the week end and those pickers would often emerge frin said fields with a asmall bag of from a few ounces up to a few pounds or more.

Police would patrol areas with helicopters and with a bull horn would tell people to leavve the fields or get a ticket for trespassing.

And even the Canadian fields were very abundant as is the Skagit and Whatcom valley regions of Northern Washington and the Comex Valley in BC. Articles at my site again if you need data.

1400 to 1600 make approximately one fresh pound of liberty caps which would fill a gallon of milk container with little ease. I use to pick that many Copes on a dailyy basis in Hawaii when they were up for their run.

And usually two days lwter you can go back and just as many will have reappeardd int he fall, depending ont he fall rains and temperatures out doors.

mj

Edited by Gumby: MJ that's 2 specific locations in one week... WTF am I going to do with you?

Edited by GumbyDude (07/18/03 02:50 AM)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1726948 - 07/18/03 02:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You're stories of mushroom hunting have been noted. Thank you.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: 3 more Liberty Caps Questions (sigh) [Re: Gumby]
    #1726956 - 07/18/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There have been no shrooms at South Center in past ten years. And since you are not form Settle you have no idea where the fuck a specific place is. South Center covers more than 45 square miles of land. Bwtween Tukwilla Washington and Kent/Auburn Washington and from Kent Washington to I-5 highway.

The Evergreen Lawn service no longer provides the fertilizers which caused those lawns to fruit.

Gumby Dudem I really do not appreciate you eduitoing my posts since I do not feel that I have broken any rules. and anyone can go back to my posts two three years ago and get many exact locations. Sp every shroomer here, can fgo do that if they want to. Every place I described for liberty caps in those specific places no longer occur there. yet an ocasional lawn between south center and Kent=Auuburn could possibly have a few blue ringers.

Aas for Whatcom Valley, Comex Valley those are dense areas of hundreeds of square miles. And are not specific locations. The arboretum is a vast public place from 19th and madison avenue to the University District in the north of Seattle. So is the public Zoo where people pick shrooms every year. And that is noted here already in many previous posts not even made by me

Nothing is specific so i see no reason why you are re-editing My post. I widh you would stay the fuck out of my posts/.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (07/18/03 03:08 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1726961 - 07/18/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Again stay the fuck out of my psots asshole. I do not need for you to puill this shit on me when I am up at 2 am in themorning typing in the dark with just my screen for light.

mj

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #1726970 - 07/18/03 03:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Gentlemen, gentlemen....

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1726977 - 07/18/03 03:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Temporarily locked untill things cool down.

I will reopen this thread when things are worked out.

Sorry megaman.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract