Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Christianity/Islam=BS
    #17255553 - 11/20/12 09:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I have begun to explore the deeper parts of spirituality. I have started researching Heka which is Witchcraft from ancient Egypt. I have also started to look into Hinduism. There is no exact date of how long Hinduism has been in practice because the ruins in the Indus Valley are so heavily weathered. I am uncertain why the entire Middle East converted to Islam when they were formally Canaanite and Zoroastrian. I've also looked into the Goetia which is from the Lesser Key of Solomon or Clavicular Solominis Regis. The Grimoire contains a list of 72 Demons that are supposedly human friendly. The 71st spirit confuses me because he is listed as a powerful Djinn.

To those that are unfamiliar with the Djinn.... They are from ancient Arabian folklore. They are said to me made from smokeless fire which is plasma or made from scorching wind. A Djinn to westerners is Genie like in Aladdin or the evil Djinn is Wes Cravens Wishmaster. I'm still researching into what Djinn are because many share the same attributes as Demons.

I look at the common religions of today and cannot say that they are in any way something that I can really believe in... Christianity is far too new to even be considered something to follow that could possibly lead to a greater sense of spirituality. I find it to be very judgmental towards Wicca and Demons which no one really knows what a Demon is. They say they are fallen angels but that what the Bible states lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Marukai] * 2
    #17255671 - 11/20/12 10:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think the Newness of Christianity is less of an issue than the fact that it is full of contradictions and doesn't really make any sense

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Help on the Way]
    #17256117 - 11/20/12 11:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The issue I have with Islam is that there are no photos or sculptures of their Deity. Their is also an extremist facet within that religion that seeks to blow things up. The Pyramids in Egypt are at risk because of the new nasty govt. Some of the govt officials are calling for the destruction of the Sphinx and the Pyramids. Just like they did to Afghanistan... They destroyed ancient Buddhist statues with missiles. Absolutely psychotic....

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Marukai] * 1
    #17256567 - 11/21/12 02:20 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the idea that a religion is less valid because it is 'new' is bogus. most (probably all) religions claim to be linked to an anceint 'before time' where super-natural acts were carried out for all to see. its part of the way they legitimize themselves. the problem from a historical point of view is that all religions that are currently practiced are not the religions of the past. christianity has very little to do with the jewish cult that spawned it. wicca is nearly a complete fabrication. no-one prior to the 1950's practised wicca.

in short, there are plenty of reasons to claim that a particular religion is 'BS' but being 'new' is not one of them.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: blingbling]
    #17257403 - 11/21/12 09:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You're wrong Wicca is a facet of Witchcraft that has it's origins in Europe. Witchcraft in it's self came from the ancient Pharaohs. It was called Heka. Are there any incredible wonders from Christianity that are parallel to that of the ancient Pyramids or the Ziggurats from the Sumerians? The answer is no... You only see churches and that's it. When you look at Hinduism you see massive ancient temples that are beautiful; the same for Buddhism. The Zoroastrians also had great sculptures and temples; Thus further questioning the validity of Islam and Christianity.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Marukai] * 2
    #17257557 - 11/21/12 09:50 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Fuck all the abrahamic religions. Fuck the indian religions/caste system (how to be racist towards someone the same colour as you. Have a class/caste system), fuck the east/west/north/south religions.

Fuck those that blow up ancient statues of the buddha. Fuck those that talk of blowing up ancient pyramids and sphinxes. Fuck those that desecrate our ancient heritage. I might not like the religions, but I respect the effort that goes into making those monuments.

--------------------

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Marukai]
    #17258130 - 11/21/12 11:27 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Your hating on a religion because it not 5000 plus years old? That's not that great of a reason, besides Christianity's roots, like many of the other religions, originate in Egypt.
Much of todays religions are also filled with symbolism attributed to astrology.
Religion evolves, give christianity a chance if not to believe literally but too not leave out a part of the story. The symbolism involved is christianity is well developed.

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
    #17258169 - 11/21/12 11:34 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You're looking for answers to life's questions in ancient religions and take their oldness to be a sign of truth/value? lol. you sir are more lost than ever.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#17260036 - 11/21/12 06:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
You're wrong Wicca is a facet of Witchcraft that has it's origins in Europe. Witchcraft in it's self came from the ancient Pharaohs. It was called Heka. Are there any incredible wonders from Christianity that are parallel to that of the ancient Pyramids or the Ziggurats from the Sumerians? The answer is no... You only see churches and that's it. When you look at Hinduism you see massive ancient temples that are beautiful; the same for Buddhism. The Zoroastrians also had great sculptures and temples; Thus further questioning the validity of Islam and Christianity.

as has been stated; christianity has roots in ancient eygpt, but that doesn't really matter.

as for witchcraft; imo you are thinking about it in the wrong way. the tendancy for people to engage in sacrifice and magic has always been with us. in this sense witchcraft is as old as the human species but, wicca is a particular type of witchcraft that became popular in the 60's. wicca is a reinvention of the so called 'pagan' traditions. these traditions were wiped out by chistianity and then reinvented in the 50's. wicca probably bears little resemblance to these older 'pagan' traditions.

wicca is a modern religion that claims ancestry from 'pagan' traditions but in actuallity has very little to do with them. what they do have in common is the universal human tendancy to engage in witchcraft.

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

#17260757 - 11/21/12 08:08 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
Are there any incredible wonders from Christianity that are parallel to that of the ancient Pyramids or the Ziggurats from the Sumerians? The answer is no...

Pretty sure the ancient egpytians didn't have: counter-point, equal temperment, sophisticated musical scoring, the printing press.
Christianity is bs but that statement about Christians never producing anything to rival ancient Egypt is most definitely false, they were far surpassed by Christians.
Egpytian mysticism is interesting, I wonder if Hinduism travelled west or if those concepts travelled east out of Africa? Perhaps they are completely independent.

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17260800 - 11/21/12 08:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

the reformation in many ways produced our whole modern secular society and basically spawned the scientific method. science wouldn't have come about in the same way if it wasn't for christianity.

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Cactilove]
    #17260911 - 11/21/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Not hating.... Did I say anything hateful? I only said that I dont think Christianity or Islam are valid religions because they are too new. I feel they are not the greatest path to a greater sense or spiritualism.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Repertoire89]
    #17260938 - 11/21/12 08:40 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Did Christianity have the knowledge of extracting dyes from various things such as Malachite. Malachite when crushed into a powder produces a green dye. Did the Christians have a way to create pyramids that were completely straight and not off centered? Is anything of Christianity shown as one of the 7 wonders of the world? Thus once again showing that Egyptians were far superior. The Hieroglyphic system is also superior to any Roman based languages

Edited by Marukai (11/21/12 08:42 PM)

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
    #17260959 - 11/21/12 08:46 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Christianity is pretty much Egyptian.

OfflineMarukai
Stranger

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #17260997 - 11/21/12 08:54 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Explain... I can see the Canaanites and the Zoroastrians being closely related with Egyptians but not Christians.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

#17261101 - 11/21/12 09:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Marukai said:
Did Christianity have the knowledge of extracting dyes from various things such as Malachite. Malachite when crushed into a powder produces a green dye. Did the Christians have a way to create pyramids that were completely straight and not off centered? Is anything of Christianity shown as one of the 7 wonders of the world? Thus once again showing that Egyptians were far superior. The Hieroglyphic system is also superior to any Roman based languages

The idea that someone could hold a green dye and a pointed rock as superior to... and the 7 wonders of the world?

The printing press and modern sheet music, are so much more advanced than anything on that list it's not even worth the time I've already spent writing. If you could read sound, you wouldn't give a crap about pointed rocks and gardens.

:doublefacepalm:

Edited by Repertoire89 (11/21/12 09:21 PM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #17261178 - 11/21/12 09:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Your posts = BS

InvisibleCactilove
Controversial Mystic
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: xFrockx]
    #17261328 - 11/21/12 09:57 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, yes it is.
To new does not equal bad.

--------------------
Orgone Conclusion...Bringing OTD to PS&P since 2007.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

#17263192 - 11/22/12 08:28 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

All of the religions are BS, it doesn't matter whether one is newer than the other, and certainly has no effect on the supposed validity of a certain religion.

Death anxiety is a funny thing.

--------------------
:brainondrugs:

You are not special :haha:

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Christianity/Islam=BS [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #17264273 - 11/22/12 12:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
All of the religions are BS, it doesn't matter whether one is newer than the other, and certainly has no effect on the supposed validity of a certain religion.

Death anxiety is a funny thing.

The actual origin of something beyond man is not a funny thing. All the bullshit that came after on the other hand... :rolleyes:

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom