Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemarshy
Stranger
slow growth & pinning from growkits.. help/advice please
    #1720490 - 07/16/03 03:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i have a kingbong kit, I now know these guys seem to give rubbish instructions so that the end user gets rubbish results and buys more kits > giving kingbong more money.  (IE They say to cut the shrooms.. which Ive read leaves a stump that moulds and that twisting the shrooms out is best way to harvest).

So Im woundering what else they missed / got wrong in their instructions?  As Its now been 12 days and they've looked the same for the last 3 days (just pinning).

My setup is 3 cheap ?15 propergator tanks that should keep the heat at abouth 26C.  Each tank has 2 kits in, so 6 in total.  1 tank under 1 light and 2 side by side under another (Question : will these 2 tanks maybe get too hot with them being side by side!?) 

I plugged the vents on my lid with sterlised (sprayed with 90%water10%bleech mix) cotten wool... so my kits have NO AIR exchange... as this wasnt mentioned in the instructions.  Ive just left them and turned the light on 12 hours a day. 

a few kits started pinning slightly around the edges about 3-4days ago and havent hardly changed since > whereas I hear once they pin they go for it and grow grow grow.  The other kits have either a fair bit of white on them or white and some pining around the edges (1-2cm).  Im just worried cos theyve stayed the same for days instead of growing like hell!? 

Anyone know wats wrong if something is wrong even?  Any advice is much apprecieated, I cud try and get some pics up this eve if it would help.

Cheers in advance :mushroom2: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: slow growth & pinning from growkits.. help/advice please [Re: marshy]
    #1720510 - 07/16/03 03:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

how much light and air exchange are you giving them?

well i just read you are NOT giving them any air exchange at all thats is really bad the pins/mushrooms won't grow with out clean air exchange(try to give it 2 air exchanges a day even if you take a sheet of paper and fan it out by hand) and 12 hours light is too much As long as there is a window in the room, there will be sufficient light for your mushrooms to grow. In fact all your mushrooms really need is a few minutes of light a day to grow. All they need the light for is to know which way is up so they know which way to grow, but the amount of light given will not affect wether you get mushrooms or not.

The heigth of your mushrooms will also not be determined by the amount of light provided. Sometimes mushrooms will grow longer if they have less light.

Note:try to give the pins 2 air exchanges every day even if you fan it out with paper and i go 12 of light too just to get the pins to start and after that it is too much light all the pins needs is 1-2 hours a day once pinning has started

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinemarshy
Stranger
Re: slow growth & pinning from growkits.. help/advice please [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1720518 - 07/16/03 03:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

cheers man yeah well 12hours was a guess i just stick the lights on when I sleep but im gonna try just 30mins light a day and fanning them to give them air exchange 2wice a day, it doesnt say anything about this in the instructions i got =(

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Re: slow growth & pinning from growkits.. help/advice please [Re: marshy]
    #1720523 - 07/16/03 03:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i hear ya!! trust me i was in the same boat as you are in but i never even got pins I also brought a mushroom kit and it didn't tell me jack shit too i got as far as casing it before it was no good and i e-mailed them and they gave me a bunch of bull crap about what was going wrong so i tossed it and started from scratch (spores) and i never had any problems but that was my frist time growing or shall i say trying to grow them.if you ask me you are better off trying the pf tek after these kits and then buy your own spores off the net each mushroom is a totaly different high

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinemarshy
Stranger
Re: slow growth & pinning from growkits.. help/advice please [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1720531 - 07/16/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

wow ive never thought about that > y using spores is so wikid..cos u can try lotsa diff shrooms :laugh:  whereas these p/cubensis seem to make me feel all wierd and not trip much, if at all!

excellent ill try fanning and a few hours of light a day (They dont get any other light)...

Also:  Will it help if i spray them at all with water, or the 90-10 mix???

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1720536 - 07/16/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i would try about 1 hour of light because i gave my mushrooms 1/2 hour of light and i had one that grew upside down it was a bigger mushroom mind you but if you want them to grow straight for spore prints then go atleast one hour but if you don't car and you want big ass mushroom try 1/2 thats the thing about mushrooms there is so much to learn and try you just have to experiment to see what works best for you and the mushrooms strian you are growing

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Offlinemarshy
Stranger
    #1720549 - 07/16/03 03:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ok bud, sound. Do you think they need any spraying for humidity? I havent got anythign to measure the humidity - would that cost much?

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1720555 - 07/16/03 03:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well if you see the manure(casing) starting to dry out then yes you want to keep it moist and you want to have the humidity up high to about 85-90% humidity so you should spray it every day(you want to see water droplets on the caontainer that has the mushrooms in it)so mist the casing/manure till it looks nice and moist then spry the ways of the contianer and the air pretty good to keep the humidity high but you NEVER want it wet because once you get water in with the mushroom there is a good chance you can/will get contams

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1720557 - 07/16/03 03:46 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you can buy a cigar humidity guage but as long as you see water droplets(sweat) then you fine the casing/manure holds alot of the mositure in the container for you so you don't have to worry too much but just remember don't over water it(dripping wet) and you will be fine and like i said the casing/manure(moisture) should help with the humidity alot so no need to go crazy with the spray bottle just a few sprays till you see the casing/manure moist and spray all the walls and the air in the container aswell 3-5 sprays should be good and you should only have to do this once a day

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Edited by Psilocybin_monkey (07/16/03 03:53 AM)

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

#1720568 - 07/16/03 03:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was just thinking you are from the UK right?If so they have a "free spore ring" and what that is you pay then $1 and they will send you spores for free i'll give you the link here.

http://www.fsre.org/

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate