Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsybilly
Stranger
Question about fans for growroom (after chefinainsteasy)
    #17080097 - 10/22/12 04:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,
I'm planning to set up an oyster grow room like chefinainteasy's here:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16327915#16327915
Nice one, chefinainteasy, by the way!

My question was about the inlet fan. I live in the UK and want to know where's best and what to buy.

My room is goint to be 6ft wide, 6ft deep and 7ft high.

Will this do?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDROPONICS-VENTS-TWO-SPEED-100mm-4-DUCT-INLINE-TUBE-INLET-EXTRACTOR-FAN-/271033984200?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item3f1ae264c8

Any advice would be very welome... first time I'll have done anything l

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about fans for grow room (after chefinainsteasy) [Re: psybilly]
    #17080874 - 10/22/12 06:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think that one will be powerful enough. I use 6" hydro fans that run at max speed of 540 CFM. When converting the max speed of that one from m3/h it comes out just over 110 cfm. The fans were one of the biggest expenses in my set up but as with anything you get what you pay for and FAE is HUGE for oysters. Good luck and keep us posted!

--------------------
Check out my youtube videos. the Mushrooms Naturally series by chefinainteasy

My new business is now on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MushroomsNaturally?ref=hl

MY Garden:grin:

Offlinepsybilly
Stranger
Re: Question about fans for grow room (after chefinainsteasy) [Re: chefinainteasy]
    #17084461 - 10/23/12 10:15 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hi chefinainteasy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused about fans... none of the ones I'm looking at have a CFM rating. Is there a way you can work it out using the square footage of the grow space?

The space works out at 294 cubic feet of free space, but I guess I have to bear in mind the space taken up by the straw bags.

Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about fans for grow room (after chefinainsteasy) [Re: psybilly]
    #17088376 - 10/23/12 08:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The fan you posted a link to has the fan speed in metric as cubic meters per hour. There is a simple math equation to convert from M3/H to CFM. All the hydro fans should list a fan speed. I would suggest getting one slightly larger than you need and buy a fan speed controller so you can tune in the proper speed for your conditions. As far as a set equation i dont know that. My space is 8'x6'x6.5'tall and i use a 540 CFM 6" hydro duct fan. This works well for me. So much so it blows my doors open a bit, making me wish i had stronger material, but all things to come. I think you could get away with something in the 400 CFM range but its really hard to say without knowing more about your set up. Where are you drawing air from? What materials are you using? Are you venting air back out? etc....

--------------------

My new business is now on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MushroomsNaturally?ref=hl

Offlinepsybilly
Stranger
Re: Question about fans for grow room (after chefinainsteasy) [Re: chefinainteasy]
    #17093180 - 10/24/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Heya, well, I have the choice of drawing air from the internal section of a warehouse or the outside, depending on what would be best (not sure yet). And I plan on having an exhaust at the bottom.

To start with, I plan to use PVC on the outside, later moving to foam insulation.

Offlinechefinainteasy
Chef
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about fans for grow room (after chefinainteasy) [Re: psybilly]
    #17096124 - 10/24/12 11:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I would always draw air from outside. As much as possible. That said you can only draw in as much as you can manipulate into an ideal condition. If you can humidify and heat/cool the air enough there is no such thing as too much FAE for oysters until you achieve outside itself.

--------------------

Offlinepsybilly
Stranger
Re: Question about fans for grow room (after chefinainteasy) [Re: chefinainteasy]
    #17103566 - 10/26/12 06:19 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks chefinainteasy, keep up the good work

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder