Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePlantShaman
PlantShaman
Male
Loc: Georgia, USA
Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines
    #1707082 - 07/11/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have found it possible to do many wonderful things with the mushrooms. Does anyone reading this post use mushrooms for physical or spiritual healing. Do you use the light? If not then what are some of the techniques you use. What do you say to the mushroom. What does it say to you? Do other spirits ever join you? Do they help? If not describe the ways you might have developed to deal with them.

Have you tried DMT in any form? - other than psilocybin/psilocin.

--------------------
Visit my shop at PlantShaman.net!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: PlantShaman]
    #1707354 - 07/11/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes. Yes.
I first meditate in order to focus and clear thoughts. Then I create a solid visualization of what I seek to gain from the experience, whether it be cleansing of certain emotions, dealing with subconscious issues/fears, and/or a general spiritual healing in order to manifest reality with more grace. There are unlimited goals to achieve, so pick one or two. Make a clear picture of what you want to accomplish, and then forget about it.

Show respect for the fungus, and ask it for a healing. Allow it to flow. Call on whatever higher self/ I AM presence or spirit guides you wish to be present. When you are ready, project that you are ready for the next level, whatever that may be, and what your nexts tasks should be.

There should be a strong inner focus while maintaining clarity in physical perceptions. You will be thinking a lot, so best to just let it flow.. don't force anything.

The main thing to remember is to just form a clear picture of your goal initially. Remain open and receptive, calm and focused, centered.
Learning and Evolution.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: Shroomism]
    #1707371 - 07/11/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, shroomism seems like he knows his stuff, but I disagree about knowing your intent/goal. I don't think that man goes into this sort of thing with any real understanding of what the entities are trying to communicate.

I don't know if your light is my light, but my light healed me spiritually. so did the squiggly ones.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: Malachi]
    #1707373 - 07/11/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Light is light.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1707392 - 07/11/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

if that is so why doesn't everyone see it?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1707400 - 07/11/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sight is not the only perception.

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
    #1707416 - 07/11/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: curenado]
    #1707534 - 07/11/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't generally do preparatory stuff like shroomism talks about.. I mean, I prepare, but I don't have a specific goal going into the trip. Although I've had flip-out trips where I've realized the importance of ritual, I never followed up and got them going, but then maybe I have just internalized them.. portable rituals useful for any situation.. I don't know.

I've had a few trips where I've felt that eating mushrooms can be very healthy. My brother doesn't smoke cigarrettes, only weed, and one time coming up on mushrooms together he started coughing and he gagged up a huge chunk of black crap from his lungs that smelt like a dirty bong. I don't know how that would happen, but it's pretty interesting. One time lying in bed after mostly coming down off a trip I lay there and started to feel my body in a very novel way.. I felt like I was lying beside myself (not an OBE though) and I could see my body in my mind's eye expressed as a form surrounded with laser-like lines. The lines (meridians?) were mostly green.. and there was a red spot on my back, where my shoulder is a little fucked, and this spot started to feel very hot. I was feeling my body in a more detailed way than usual. It didn't fix my back, I have to do that myself, and it didn't tell me anything I didn't know, but I definetly want ot pursue that state further.

I made a thread a while ago with information that was unpopular on this forum... I talked about how mushrooms released primordial qi from dan tien (your belly) and burned it off. This is how you percieve the complete thought-forms of mushrooms. You use your primordial qi.. what I'm interested is can this be returned to your belly afterwards? Or because the mushrooms "force" it out and you don't exert conscious control over your trip, maybe you can't control it. Either way, I believe this could be where all the energy comes from, and while you have it going on you can probably do some cool shit with it. Maybe it would be healthy to gain control over this through regular qi gong practice, but let's be realistic, most of us aren't going to do that cause there's some cool shit on TV.

I wonder about The Sound of Rushing Water by Michael Harner... I haven't read it in a while but as I recall the ayahuasqueros would gather magic powers and then use them to heal and then poof the magic energy would be gone and they'd have to get more.. this sounds vaguely like this primordial qi I've been talking about.. at least, the whole part about burning off the energy to do stuff.

So in the end, mushrooms and DMT can probably be used as healing tools, but how effective are they really? I mean, most of us have shitty diets, don't get enough excercise, and don't understand our bodies at all. Maybe before we try to ressurect rumours about trendy lost healing practices using crazy drugs from the jungle we should stretch in the morning, eat better, and watch less TV. I suspect if you're looking for good health these are the places you should start looking.

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
    #1707560 - 07/11/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sight is not the only perception.

Are you referring to the pineal gland and its photo-sensitivity?

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflinePlantShaman
PlantShaman
Male
Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: Dogomush]
    #1707572 - 07/12/03 12:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am a Mcluhanist(I don't watch TV), nearly a vegetarian(I eat fish), but I am a chronic pot smoker so I do not exercise(though I do work 50 hours a week). Though healing the self is obviously the first step. My main interest in the use of psychedelic magic for healing purposes is to help others. Physically, Mentally, and Spiritually.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1707640 - 07/12/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I tired of hearing that excuse. I too am a chronic pothead, and yet I still run and work out and do yoga. see, I live with my parents. face it, your real problem is working 50 hours a week, not the dope.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#1707968 - 07/12/03 05:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

<<So in the end, mushrooms and DMT can probably be used as healing tools, but how effective are they really? I mean, most of us have shitty diets, don't get enough excercise, and don't understand our bodies at all. Maybe before we try to ressurect rumours about trendy lost healing practices using crazy drugs from the jungle we should stretch in the morning, eat better, and watch less TV. I suspect if you're looking for good health these are the places you should start looking. >>

Sounds good for imagination - not true or real.
DogOMUSH - go to college / maybe med school :grin:

<<Maybe before we try to ressurect rumours about trendy lost healing practices using crazy drugs from the jungle >>

Don't be a Miss white church lady from town....  :lol:

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

#1708023 - 07/12/03 07:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Skip just spent 5 days at a Hawaiian Shamanism Workshop with Hank Wesselman and Jill Kuykendall. Hank does his work DRUGFREE but this question was brought up.
He agrees that this has been done for thousands of years by the Indigenous people's healers.
But the problem today is that young "Shamans in Training" lack the ways of true initiation or instruction on the proper use. In part, only when a elder shows you where to go and what to do, who to meet, when you are there, you have been properly directed.

Either way, if you are interested in a easy to follow course on Healing with Shamanism, go see Hank and Jill!

All this aside, Skip decided to take a small amount (1/2gm) of Transkei on the last night when the class did the healing work on members with Hank. This guy is the real deal and teaches powerful healing rituals. Both Hank and Jill are sweet souls. Skip has been to many prayer circles and groups and has never felt power like this! Hank work focused on one girl that has Pancreatic Cancer. Other members who needed healing had a opportunity as well.

So with regard to this topic, despite the small dose, Skip would have to say that the strength of his experience were effected by many factors.

1) exceriszed daily ( high cardio)
2) ate strictly organic vegitarian (omega Institute.... no choice)
3) Daily meditation
4) indepth lecture from Jill and Hank
5) despite skepticism, decided to have a open willingness to experience the "magic" in the healing circle

Experience: closed eye visuals during the healings and later that night, open eyed visuals

1) seen chakras expand 4 feet around his body
( see Alex Grey's last few mirrors on his Sacred Mirrors Works)

2) Saw the disease or ailments in members being worked on and "used spirit breath to heal them"
(Although this was more like energy work than Shamanism, Skip felt like it was appropriate in a few subjects)

3) Merged spiritual with the energy of the "Tribe" circle as well as with a Spirit Guide.

4) Physical body incresed in temperature
( what felt like 2 degrees. at least)

5) a sense of knowing other members had taken sacrements as well.
6) a sense that there were more than 32 people in the room.

7) extreme nasea for complete "high"
(Skip has never had it last for more than 1-1.5 hrs on small doses)

So after the experience one has to question

1)was it the power of the spirt of the mushrooms and the Forest Spirits that made the physical experience slightly unpleasant?
2) was it the spiritual power of the Ancients of that land that came and filled the room?
3) was it the help of spirit helpers of the overworld that came and embodied members or gave the visions and compassion for the healings?

Who knows, but all Skip can say is that many were juiced up enough that night and into the next day to light up a small city!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

--------------------
Be in truth and watch the magic happen.
SBP TEK

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1708036 - 07/12/03 07:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have to agree with Malachi here, to work 50hrs a week is not a healthy habit.
Work in general is not healthy (work meaning 9 to 5 repetitive, stressful office/factory environment useless jobs)
People are so conditioned in life, that is really sad.
You always see the old guy that comes to you he or she is like 70, and says to you "I need to work, I would not know what to do with my life If I did not have my job", and they are all proud and showing off when they say that. (I am sure all of you must of experienced that)
I just nod and keep quiet.
Is just one of those things people keep saying because if the have to really take a look at all the time wasted, well is just to much to take probably will end up killing yourself.
Now working for something fulfilling that?s a different story, but very few people is "lucky" to be in that position

All tell you another one, this one from My Boos, I am the only guy in the company I work for that takes a month vacation every year or more even if is not paid.
(They think I am crazy)
But My Boaz one day told me in a very confessional way, said ?Lobo? I don?t know how you do it, I would not know what to do with a week of vacation by the end of the week I go crazy?
By the way he is loaded with money, but cannot enjoy it and his health is horrible.

I am sorry if I got sidetracked with the topic at hand.

--------------------

OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: LOBO]
    #1708041 - 07/12/03 07:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Digressing further,
Sounds like balance to me..........work enough to live, not Live to work. If one can find balance between what you have and what carrot you or society's influence puts on a string you will be fine. I was told recently to just manifest wealth so you do not have to work. If anyone can show that trick, all could journey after what is really important.

--------------------
Be in truth and watch the magic happen.
SBP TEK

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: NewSpore]
    #1708372 - 07/12/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not a bad digression -
Back towards the topic:
1) you can study this through searching papers at www.MAPS.org and www.CSP.org as well as stuff at erowid (for easy online)
*there are a couple of unfounded reports of "death and mystery" allegedly because of mushrooms, but be sure to seek out and read the critical analysis of these reports and responces by experts before you come back and say we're all going to die of liver failure - we already exhausted that one....

2) <<1)was it the power of the spirt of the mushrooms and the Forest Spirits that made the physical experience slightly unpleasant?>>

IMHO - when the body sheds crap in huge amounts all at once one gets headache and nausea etc - this being referred to as a "healing crisis" and since mushrooms make your body shed bad crap like an atomic laxative it's no wonder you preceive the crap as nasty on it's way out..... and to prostration: mushrooms make your body kick into high gear all over and your body begins it's own agenda of activity independent of what we think - I believe the main reason they "put you down" is because the attention and energy of your physical body is totally focused and devoted to "inner business" like shedding toxins and manufacturing interferon and all these miraculous things you do that you weren't even conciously aware of.
You Always heal in degrees when you eat mushrooms - whether or not you trip.
Also - Maria Sabina said that to throw up was to "get the sickness out of them" and she is not medically incorrect, though I don't propose to say that the good gift they are is a matter of medical science - quite the opposite.
It is that (some) medical science is leaning toward holy tradition and better understanding - IMHO
My personal deep suspicions? (hopes? ????) I think it's all side effects (what we think is so neat) and that your soul really may extend towards the divine, and so far as cleaning out that raunchy head and fixing up those clankety bones?
Would heaven not clean the baby up as a matter of course while it had it in the house?
Does Mom let you come in the house filthy-burnt-up-bloody or does she hose you off at the door before she runs to get the butter? Does she let you leave without $5?
Heaven welcomes your soul and blesses you with healing because that's how the good god really is.......is kinda what I think in my heart though I talk endocrinology and pathology most of the time......

--------------------

OfflinePlantShaman
PlantShaman
Male
Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: NewSpore]
    #1708482 - 07/12/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

For now I do what I do for survival. I drive a car that has 210,000 miles on it. I am self sufficient. I hate my job so much I am not even going to tell you what I do. I would trade it all for a few acres of fertile land(preferably not in the United States) and a tipi. Being a chronic pot head is not my excuse for not exercising, working 50 hours a week is. I started smoking herb before high school. In high school I was on the wrestling team and until about 6 months ago I had enough free time and a flexible enough work schedule to take Judo once a week. Lets go, I will smoke you under the table and then beat you in arm wrestling.  :crazy2: I eat well, meditate daily, and take substantial doses of mushrooms twice a month.  :mushroom2: I did not get into this healing stuff for myself. I am doing quite well all things considered. Soon I will live in the woods on the side of a mountain. You can come see me when you get sick.  :tongue: :lol: 

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

#1708559 - 07/12/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

<<Soon I will live in the woods on the side of a mountain. You can come see me when you get sick. >>

Hey dude we already did that - best wishes and let us know if we have anything that would help you make the escape!
You can pick up a free professional course in botanical medicine at www.wildernessnazarene.com/rccts between the HDNZ site and modules from the school. You can also pick up practical stuff at the yahoo group I sent to you (didn't I?.....?)
Really best wishes! It's like coming out of a bad dream....you think you are feeling better now? write me six months after you finally abandon the murderous illusion..........

<<I hate my job so much I am not even going to tell you what I do.>>
We understand. Not anymore......

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1708575 - 07/12/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Curenado, Thanks for those links very interesting stuff 1 more reason to do mushies.

I never feel ill besides a few miner stomach cramps , but I tell you what happens to me which I could see as some type of healing or unblocking stuck energy.
I usually trip very few times a year no more than 3 and usually like 5 g.
Before I start reaching the higher realms of hyperspace, I beguine to do this crazy dance if you will, I don?t think in doing it,  it comes natural to me (my buddy always gets a kick out of it) but in these strange movements I feel energy getting unblock in my body, I can not tell you how good it feels :smile:
I subscribe to your theory of heeling cuz our soul reaches heaven or nirvana.
I always believe that to be sick starts first in our mind and trickles down to the body. (in most cases)

For example when I use to live in the city every year I will get sick colds or the flew I always use to be emotionally more depress and stress out.
Since I moved to the country is been 3 years that I have not felt sickness and my attitude well.... I am very happy.

I can go even further in my theory of sickness; I came to the conclusion that if you are not fallowing your spirit or path, sickness will eventually settle in.
Because the energy does not flow and what does not flow eventually starts to rot.

--------------------

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Shamanic Healing with Mushrooms and Tryptamines [Re: LOBO]
    #1708759 - 07/12/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

<<I never feel ill besides a few miner stomach cramps , but I tell you what happens to me which I could see as some type of healing or unblocking stuck energy.>>
I'll go along with that. I know a lot comes unstuck in me, and i'm only as stuck as any other primitive would......

<<I always believe that to be sick starts first in our mind and trickles down to the body. (in most cases)>>
Still watching and what intrigues me about that is how what we think affects our immunity and resistence in the body. Do we punish ourselves subconciously by letting disease in more than we normally would......

<<For example when I use to live in the city every year I will get sick colds or the flew I always use to be emotionally more depress and stress out.
Since I moved to the country is been 3 years that I have not felt sickness and my attitude well.... I am very happy.>>

:thumbup: Every time I have to come up to town it is quite an adjustment and I'm always ready to go.... :nonono:

<<I can go even further in my theory of sickness; I came to the conclusion that if you are not fallowing your spirit or path, sickness will eventually settle in.
Because the energy does not flow and what does not flow eventually starts to rot.>>

If the symptom and cure are there - it's harder for guy's to argue with you about the rest. I agree with you, but I'm not sure of the point where it all intersects in the body/mind/spirit.
I think most of us hear a voice that it makes us sick not to answer - and some of us just can't go on without trying to.. :eyemouth:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale