Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend...
    #17024480 - 10/13/12 02:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So I've been on an old-school SNES kick lately. My buddy has every nintendo system and tons of games, however he hadn't really played many rpg's before. I suggested we play Secret of Mana a couple months ago. As I assumed beforehand, he ended up loving it, and it's a super fun snes rpg of course because it's multiplayer.

So, that brings me to my question. He hasn't played any games in the final fantasy series, and I remembered how much I loved Final Fantasy II back when I was a kid. I told him that as fun as Secret of Mana is, that FF2 would make it seem like child's play. My concern though, is that it's a single-player game. I mean how fun would it really be to have to take turns with this game? Any of you ever beat FF2 with a friend, or any single-player rpg for that matter? I'm just not sure if it would be worth doing.

Opinions plz, thanks!

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: Soularize]
    #17024786 - 10/13/12 04:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

w/ pc snes emulators am fairly sure there are fully translated ROMs of Seken Densetsu 3 (sp?) (other SNES secret of mana game that wasn't released in US) i'd suggest more secret of mana...

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #17025248 - 10/13/12 05:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

legends of gaia. or chrono trigger.

i played FF3 and chrono trigger with a friend. since it was at his house basically what we did was made a rule that he can only grind levels when im not there.

Offlineboundless8
To be wronged > To do wrong
Male
Loc: North Carolina
Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #17027500 - 10/14/12 01:40 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have not played FFII through with a friend, but I don't believe it would be boring whatsoever. Though, I am just about completely enthralled by most retro RPGs these days. Playing one almost makes all other outer stimuli just vanish for a while. As sneezing penis said (I will probably never type anything remotely close to this again, haha. Random ass name.), You can certainly do this with Chrono Trigger. I have A Link to the Past coming in the mail soon... :ooo: Bubble-blowing Bumbletrees! Most JRPGs are so incredibly intricate and thought-out, yet simultaneously laughably cliched and flashback-inducing that they are the best one player video games to take turns on. The only problem is choosing when to switch off, right? Ha, who knows how difficult the next dungeon or boss will be? I must apologize. I am an obsessive gamer. It really sucks being unemployed and desiring all these triptastic digital gems... Boohoo from the bullfrog.

--------------------
When life shits on you, fertilize your next harvest.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: boundless8]
    #17029229 - 10/14/12 12:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Omfg, if you're playing SNES games with friends then there's so many titles you need to play.

Secret of Mana 2 has translated roms that you and your friend could play. Super Ninja Boy is a beat em up RPG, I personally loved it and highly recommend it since the multiplayer is so much fun. Unfortunately there's not a lot of co-op rpg's from this era. One you get to the psx days your options open up drastically.

If you can find a PS1 emulator that has netplay it has final fantasy 3-6 all made to be multiplayer (despite the majority of them being single player on the SNES)

Other non RPG games worth playing that are multiplayer on SNES are Battletoads, Zombies ate my Neighbors (this is a hard one IMO), TMNT 4: Turtles in Time (Best beat em up on SNES EVER!), Sunset Riders (pretty fucking cool wild west shooter), Super Double Dragon, Kirby Super Star, Joe and Mac 2, Super Smash TV, Donkey Kong Country 1-3 (despite not being simultaneous multiplayer), King of Dragons (kind of like a medieval double dragon with tons of variety in spells/attacks), Contra III (my favorite multiplayer game of all time, very very challenging very rewarding) and lastly the Super Bomberman series.

Hope this was of any help, I'm a retro gamer at heart and didn't recommend anything that isn't worth your time.

Edited by VaeVictum (10/14/12 01:05 PM)

Offlinebuckwater
HerpDerp

Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: VaeVictum]
    #17030749 - 10/14/12 05:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

FF 5 and 6 have multi player.

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: buckwater]
    #17032981 - 10/14/12 11:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the ideas guys.

but I already bought the shit on ebay last night

:kimjong:

bout to get my Fire3 on, bishes.

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: Soularize]
    #17033070 - 10/15/12 12:11 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't play it really until I was old enough to read, I would usually get pretty far in the game on instinct then my save data would get wiped out, if or when it happens to you depending on how much its been used, replace the battery inside the cartridge.

I have memories of watching others playing it and others watching me playing it, the most fun is sharing secrets and uncovering parts of the game you may have missed :discorex:

Illusion of Gaia is boss though, you can play that with a friend its action rpg but its done by Enixxx

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: Konyap]
    #17047348 - 10/17/12 10:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

FF3  is boss too  ,  Earthbound  is a great one with a decent story arch.
Luffia 2  is pretty decent I like there capsule system .

Yeah if you have a psone  play the FF and chrono trigger on that.

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: trekie]
    #17051139 - 10/17/12 09:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

why he could easily play those games on an emulator and turbo throw all the slow parts.

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Re: Thinking about playing Final Fantasy II for SNES with a friend... [Re: Konyap]
    #17059381 - 10/19/12 02:53 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i received FF2 in the mail today, pretty stoked.

My friend and I meanwhile just finally got to the Mana Dragon in SOM...and boy did that dragon fuck us in the ass hard.

I guess we hadn't been leveling up enough in the game, that thing seriously wiped us out almost immediately.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules