Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity * 1
    #16997640 - 10/09/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Met up after about ten years after high school. The only former class member I've talked to in a long time. So it seems she's in some Christian church and was nice until I mentioned "The Satanic Bible" and some black magick... Well, I was sending her off after the meet and she said she's going to a sermon and I've never seen a church from the inside... So I decided to go and check it out, made a joke about probably autocombusting when crossing the threshold and she chuckled and was being all friendly.
  Then inside I met some priests and shook their hands and it was cold in there, mostly old people. Gold paint and chandeliers and comic book type images everywhere... When they were getting started I was like "look I gotta go" and left. So after that the next day she wanted to see me again and I said sure why not. Now her attitude had really changed.
  She was keeping her distance from me and didn't look me in the eye and spoke with a funny tone. She asked me how I felt while inside the church and I said it looked all comic-booky, lots of fake gold stuff and cold like a tomb. She was all like "but spiritually? Did you feel the holiness" basically and I said I felt it was just a building, like a supermarket or a tool shed. Then she said she has to pray after this meeting because I brought an evil book into this world (helped translating & publishing some Church Of Satan books) and I said "Oh, have you read it?" and she said "No, no, no!" and I asked then what did she object about it and what did she specifically found offensive... Basically she didn't  want to know anything and said "You have to realize the world is not complicated, there are no grey areas and it's just black or white."
  I was just "Wow..." in my head but stayed polite because I saw she was in a mental lockdown. It was her reality and she didn't want to know about anything else. She said I have to repent and be saved and her husband is a priest who will happily talk to me about spirituality and God. I said there are lots of Gods and we dont need churches, that Jesus never wanted them and Jesus, as I understand it, said the kingdom of God is within you and you don't need some institution between me and God. Every man is its own Chruch and Priest. There's no need for churches and giving money to them because its phony. She looked at me like you would look at a mental patient.
  So we politely said goodbye and I walked away with a "WTF" look. It was like talking to a crazy person.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #16997671 - 10/09/12 12:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

In before DSHSB

But, what's this about you transcribing the Devils Bible? I wanna hear more about that.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: Bridgeburner] * 1
    #16997686 - 10/09/12 12:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Born-agains are the worst. They have the most fucked up attitudes/perspectives of anyone of faith that I've met, including all the Muslims that I've met. They also lack spirituality. And to clarify, I'm not anti-Christian. My grams is one of the most spiritual people I know, and she's Catholic. She's open-minded, understanding, and tolerant. Basically the total opposite of every born-again that I've met, and most of the "Christians" in general that I've met.

--------------------

Offlinegulper2323
Unknown Landscape Climber
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: Dark_Star]
    #16997838 - 10/09/12 12:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Comparing a church to a tool shed :rofl2: priceless

InvisibleAmoeboid
seriously deliriously
Male

Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #16997911 - 10/09/12 12:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The "no grey areas" comment she made seems absurd. How sheltered does one have to be to have that perspective?

--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: gulper2323]
    #16997923 - 10/09/12 12:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Satanists like to eat people, I'd go with church over cannibalism.  Athiest tho, so fk em both.

--------------------
:awesome:

InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Loc: Pee En Double You
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: Irishdrunk] * 1
    #16997961 - 10/09/12 12:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Satanists don't eat people. Cannibals eat people

--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: LiquidGlass] * 1
    #16997971 - 10/09/12 12:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What about cannibal satanists? Just a myth?

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ex-classmate preaced me Christianity [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #16997982 - 10/09/12 12:54 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

But, what's this about you transcribing the Devils Bible? I wanna hear more about that.

i had a hand in publishing it (not in the states). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

Quote:

Born-agains are the worst.

<

she grew up in it, her moms a christian and so she grew up in that world so i cant blame her. she's just in a closeminded system thats unlikely to change for her.

Quote:

Comparing a church to a tool shed

it was just an example tho, i just said what came off the top of my head. the church is meaningless, its just a stone building full of pictures of a white hetero and lots of gold stuff to impress people.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order