Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Possible armillaria tabescens... A very colorful unknown, and one bracket fungus... ID PLZ
    #16914446 - 09/26/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Found all these in the woods behind my house, the first 3 I've found before but never id'd, usually always growing around the base of a tree, possibly from underground roots...

2nd species is a little dried up, but I believe it to be armillaria tabescens, spore print white-cream, growing from an old stump cut at the ground..

Third is just a bracket fungus, would like some guesses to work from, topside is slight fuzzy..

It's been dry the past week so I knew there wouldn't b much, but I got the iPhone 5 and I can directly upload pics now, so I wanted to try it out... Thanks for your help, any suggestions/ guesses are appreciated...

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: Possible armillaria tabescens... A very colorful unknown, and one bracket fungus... ID PLZ [Re: BjJiggles]
    #16914652 - 09/26/12 01:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

those armillaria look a bit to old for eating. The first few are mycena sp. and the last ones look like turkey tails.

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

OfflineBjJiggles
Gym seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Possible armillaria tabescens... A very colorful unknown, and one bracket fungus... ID PLZ [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #16914674 - 09/26/12 01:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks man..  I wasn't going to eat the armillaria, they're definitely too old and bugs flying, lol.. I just found a huge fresh cluster about a week ago after the rains but this is all that's left now, just thought I'd throw it up to test the new iPhone and get a positive ID for future reference...

I wanna find a freakin lion's mane so bad... I think I'm going on a foray October 13th w a mycology club, they've found them before a the location were going to so I'm going to cross my fingers...

--------------------

Alan Rockefeller said:No!  Do not feed the type collection of a new species to animals!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract