Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestingraysteve
Stranger
Male

What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience?
    #16855496 - 09/16/12 10:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have been using mushrooms for a while now and would say that I am very experienced with doses around an eighth, never more then 4g. I have tried as much as 2.5g with 3.5g of Rue before as well, and have done smaller doses with the same dose of Rue.

I am looking for some knowledge about other herbal additives that can alter the mushroom experience in positive ways, i.e. more OEV, more euphoria, maybe less of a body load, ect.

It would be best if these plants or herbs are also safe to use along with Rue, as I wish to add them to a psilohuasca brew once I am experienced with just mushrooms and them alone.

Thanks all

--------------------
The Teacher plants of this world can show many wonderful and beautiful things to the consumer...
Pay attention, take it all in, listen to everything...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblackdogs
fart in the wind
Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: stingraysteve]
    #16855573 - 09/16/12 10:45 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

pot.  pot makes shrooms more visual and goofy.  it also takes away nausea.

Offlinestingraysteve
Stranger
Male

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: blackdogs] * 1
    #16855594 - 09/16/12 10:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I feel from smoking every day I do not get the desired effects from pot when smoking it on mushrooms. It does not boost it significantly like it use to, unless I use a lot. I'm more interested in other herbal additives

--------------------
The Teacher plants of this world can show many wonderful and beautiful things to the consumer...

Offlinebolton-liberty-cap
Male User Gallery

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: blackdogs]
    #16855609 - 09/16/12 10:51 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i was going to say pot...it really helps with the nausa, makes the experience more ''intense'' more visual, increases euphoria... helps with the comeup and especially on the comedown so dont smoke it all on the peak.

and if you have a tolerance try giving up weed a week or 2 before your trip...by then ur tolerance should of dropped to where u should feel the effects better.

if you want to addsomething...try mixing with another psychedelic...get some acid or something that will make for an interesting experience.

--------------------
drugs to try: LSD,, Mushrooms, Ketamine AMT, 25C-NBOMe, MDMA, MXE, DMT, Ayahuasca, Salvia, Mescaline, 2C-I, 2C-C, 2C-E, DOC, 4-ACO-DMT, MDA, 4-ACO-MiPT, AL-LAD, 1P-LSD

Edited by bolton-liberty-cap (09/16/12 10:53 AM)

Offlinestingraysteve
Stranger
Male

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: bolton-liberty-cap]
    #16855655 - 09/16/12 10:59 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I do not have access to other hallucinogens, thats why I am pursueing a more herbal organic additive....

--------------------

Offlineacrosstheveil
Mr.
Male User Gallery
Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: stingraysteve]
    #16855704 - 09/16/12 11:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i've heard good things about ginseng.  Personally, I want to try taking rhodiola before my next trip.  It has so many positive effects on my mindset I can't see how it would not benefit the trip.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #16855720 - 09/16/12 11:13 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Wild Dagga AKA Lion's tail gave me the most beautiful and warm mushroom experience of my life. It was like a mushroom trip but I had NO anxiety...and I not only have it on mushrooms, I have it normally. i was able to talk to everyone in a deep and heartfelt way openly and honestly with no fear of harsh judgment.

I also heard the singing of beautiful native women and saw these Aztec suns and mayan calendars, all over my field of vision with rainbows cascading through them. i saw a river of souls in transit, between this world and the next world. I saw the trees reach out their hands to me and say "come with us to live in nature".

i talked to a crush I was previously afraid to talk to.

i felt that we did not own the land but the land owned us. I walked as a nomad, a shaman.

yes, lion's tail is what you are looking for, my friend.

:peace:

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
    #16855797 - 09/16/12 11:28 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stingraysteve said:
I feel from smoking every day I do not get the desired effects from pot when smoking it on mushrooms. It does not boost it significantly like it use to, unless I use a lot. I'm more interested in other herbal additives

Get better weed.

I've smoked everyday for the past 16 years.  I still get high as fuck and if I smoke before or during the peak of a mushroom trip, I get blasted. 

Otherwise, there's a pretty long list of MAOIs that you can try, but you mentioned Syrian Rue, so I'm guessing you're already aware.

Just in case:

Caapi
Passionflower
Nutmeg - acts on both mao a and b
Turmeric - which can be mixed with curcumin (found in black pepper) for added MAO effects
Kava
Ginkgo Biloba
Yerba Mate

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

InvisibleChubbyPitbull
Delta 9
Male User Gallery

Loc: Stargazing
Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: carnage11]
    #16855873 - 09/16/12 11:38 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I know it's not really the kind of herbs you're talking about, but whenever I make smoothies with bananas & strawberries + fresh ginger, cilantro, oregano, and cinnamon I get rocked by beautiful visuals.

--------------------

Disciple of Design and Love of Knowledge

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: ChubbyPitbull]
    #16855914 - 09/16/12 11:47 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I hate smoking weed while tripping...I go into a very uncomfortable place.

Offlinetbone8352
Gardener
Male

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #16856098 - 09/16/12 12:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Kava for sure, blue lily, cannabis, and I'm sure just enough kratom to get a buzz would be nice but have never tried it.

--------------------
"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, 'Look at that, you son of a bitch.'"

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut

InvisibleOnePerEyeM8
Rhythmysticist
 User Gallery

Loc: Westeros
Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: tbone8352]
    #16856605 - 09/16/12 01:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've been reading a little about taking a few datura inoxia seeds to prevent nausea on the comeup of cacti or mushrooms. I've seen a few people say it alters the trip in interesting ways too. :shrug:

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: OnePerEyeM8]
    #16856686 - 09/16/12 01:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Two words: Banisteriopsis caapi.

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #16856787 - 09/16/12 02:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What does kava do to he trip exactly. I have a little laying around but have never bothered with it

I have some 10x caapi, but I haventngotten the chance to try it while on shrooms.  Can't wait too though:laugh:

Edited by Kief Ledger (09/16/12 02:10 PM)

OfflineSeekingtruth
Learnererer

Loc: Atlantis
Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #16856811 - 09/16/12 02:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This is an interesting thread.

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Wild Dagga AKA Lion's tail gave me the most beautiful and warm mushroom experience of my life. It was like a mushroom trip but I had NO anxiety...and I not only have it on mushrooms, I have it normally. i was able to talk to everyone in a deep and heartfelt way openly and honestly with no fear of harsh judgment.

I also heard the singing of beautiful native women and saw these Aztec suns and mayan calendars, all over my field of vision with rainbows cascading through them. i saw a river of souls in transit, between this world and the next world. I saw the trees reach out their hands to me and say "come with us to live in nature".

i talked to a crush I was previously afraid to talk to.

i felt that we did not own the land but the land owned us. I walked as a nomad, a shaman.

yes, lion's tail is what you are looking for, my friend.

:peace:

I like this idea. Can u make a tea from the lions tail or from an extract?  I don't like smoking it

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: Seekingtruth]
    #16857115 - 09/16/12 02:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I actually used dried mushrooms, dried lion's tail and lemon juice to make a tea and drank it from a thermos I carried around with me that day.

OfflineSeekingtruth
Learnererer

Loc: Atlantis
    #16857145 - 09/16/12 03:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Bad asssss

OfflinePeanutButter
Stranger

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: MisterMuscaria] * 1
    #16858992 - 09/16/12 08:28 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
I hate smoking weed while tripping...I go into a very uncomfortable place.

I agree, I get strong fucking weed and it really fucks with me when I'm in a trip. It's little bit trippy itself...as good weed should be.

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: PeanutButter]
    #16859132 - 09/16/12 09:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

2-3 datura stramonium seeds can eliminate nausea and definatly change the nature of the mushroom trip. I'd describe it as making the CEVs more dreamlike. A must for the home-shamans brewery.

Cannabis also kicks up the visuals and can get rid of nausea. However I find weed can kill the adventurous vibe and make you feel more complacent and if you are an anxious tripper weed can add an element of terror and confusion that psychedelics just don't have on their own. I personally don't like this combo. I think weed+psychs is a better combo only if you are a regular cannabis user.

It's been mentioned already but MAOI containing herbs change the nature of a mushroom trip as well, "psilohuasca" I've heard it called. A must try, especially if you eat your mushrooms raw (raw mushrooms contain the psilocin precursor, n,n-DMT itself). This makes the trip feel more "earthy" as opposed to "spacy".

And don't forget the lemon tek. The theory is that psilocybin (4-PO-DMT) is not active and needs to be dephosphorylated by the body into psilocin (4-HO-DMT). As you know, both the liver and the stomach work in "waves" that are called "metablolic passes". This may account for why, when taken orally, mushrooms seem to effect your in waves until after the peak.

The citric acid in the lemon juice dephosphorylises the psilocybin outside the body. The result is, less of the drug is lost during "first pass metabolism" and because it doesn't not need to be converted it hits you in one blast.

I can vouch for the lemon tek and say that when done right, it's effects are different from eaten mushrooms and even mushroom tea.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Offlinestingraysteve
Stranger
Male

Re: What herbs or plants can be used to alter the mushroom experience? [Re: Dawks]
    #16869144 - 09/18/12 02:34 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you all very much for the info. And trust me, the weed is good...medical from Cali. I feel im just to use to it for it to alter the experience in a really significant way...just makes me more lethargic.

The Lions Tail sounds like a great idea to try, but is it safe to consume along with an MAO-I? This seems like the most likely combination that I will use, but also want the MAOI properties as well.

As for the lemon tek I have added lemon juice to all of my mushroom tea attempts and I can say that this does increase the potency and how quickly it hits you. I was peaking after 20minutes of drinking the last of the tea, drank it all in about ten minutes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate