Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Gold/brown/yellow
    #1684242 - 07/03/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH, I just got back from the beach, i was gone for 3 days. when i check on my brf/verm jars i found mold, i cant describe the color any better than this. take 1 gold, 1 yellow, and 1 light brown crayon, mix in blender until throughly mixed. any way it is brownish yellow. it is dusty looking, as if i am gonna take it out and scrape to see lol. it popped up in only one jar, this jar was at about 5 percent, compared to my other jars that are about 80 percent colonized, so i thought something was wrong from the beginning. i had it seperated from the others. i also looked in Anno's contam faq but have not found any pics that look like it. can anyone help? Like i said before the contam is a yellowish brown mold that appears dusty, unlike the mycelium that looks like fluff and ropes of cotton. i wish i had a digi cam to snap a pic but i dont.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Gold/brown/yellow [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1684400 - 07/03/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Are they growing near the inoculation points ?
Anyway, if it spreads, then the jars are doomed.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Re: Gold/brown/yellow [Re: MAIA]
    #1684481 - 07/03/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes it is growing at the innoculation sites. I moved this jar outside so i would not have to worry about it getting to my other jars. i was thinking about just dumping it outside ala Moe's Outdoor Tek, without breaking it up. but i am kinda scared to even open it, so i think i may just burn it. i dont know. i have no idea why this one jar went so slowly compared to the others in the same batch. also this one jar is the only one that i have that contamed.
Information makes us smarter, but experience makes us wiser.

Anonymous

#1684578 - 07/03/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like you had a contaminated syringe, or your needle wasn't properly sterilized (or touched something) while you inoculated.

Don't even open it if it looks nasty... just throw the entire jar out. Your health before anything else, most dear.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1684801 - 07/03/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

reminds me of a time when i tried to make some BRF/VERM jars with using organic white flour. But what happened was is that it started turning this nasty brown color, it almost looked like dust, it covered everything. I never found out what it was, or if i did i couldnt remember. How did you sterilize your jars? did you boil or pc? what i have come to do with my brf/verm is to cook it in the oven before i mix it up and before i put in the jars. with that + pc. i only had 1 contaminated jar out of 10. and that i think was do to poor sterlizing procedures during innoculation. What i think was the cause for this nasty looking cotam was the poor sterlization of the substrate to begin with. as if the contam resided within the flour itself.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Re: Gold/brown/yellow [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1684820 - 07/03/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I used a PC for my jars. i did them at 15 psi for 60 minutes. I dont think this came from the jars because it is in only one jar, and to boot it is only at innoculation sites. 2 of the sites grew this mold and 2 of the sites grew mycelium, but the mycelium that has been growing was at only 5%. The other jars are at 80%+ and no signs of contams. i have decided to burn it anyway just to make sure it doesn't contam me or my area.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #1686755 - 07/04/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I recently saw this kind of contam in someone's project. It was looking like light brown dust or dirt and looked very dried. It took a lot of time to notice contams were actually growing in there. The only symptom was slow mycellium colonization (something like 20% after 3 weeks).

Oh well, that's part of the game.

.fs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures