Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYheringaan
Male

Norbaeocystin, and baeocystin in psilocybin mushrooms
    #16826662 - 09/10/12 11:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone have anymore data/know anything about these two tryptamines?? Apparently they are naturally occuring in some strains of mushrooms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baeocystin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norbaeocystin

Edit- Actually I just remembered about the search function and was happy to find a some things, but the threads are still a few years old. Am still hoping someone might have something new to say.

--------------------
Goin where the water, tastes like wine..

Edited by Yheringaan (09/10/12 11:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
Re: Norbaeocystin, and baeocystin in psilocybin mushrooms [Re: Yheringaan]
    #16833257 - 09/12/12 05:52 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

All I can say about that is fresh picked P. baeocystis (like less than 5 mins old) is MUCH more potent than ones picked and left to sit for even an hour. Not sure what's up with that, but baeos are sure special. Can't explain it unless you have had them in a large dose. Much more intense than getting your sea legs from cyans:vibin:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Norbaeocystin, and baeocystin in psilocybin mushrooms [Re: NeoSporen]
    #16854715 - 09/16/12 04:39 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:
All I can say about that is fresh picked P. baeocystis (like less than 5 mins old) is MUCH more potent than ones picked and left to sit for even an hour.

I agree with you on that statement! I have had quite a few different types of mushrooms, fresh, dry, straight from getting picked to being ingested. I noticed for myself at least that i get a much more intense "head high", more introspective also much more visual as well. I have always assumed it was because of the baeocystin in them that they were a little different then the other mushrooms i have tried. I guess all i have really read on this would be the little info on it in Paul's book Psilocybes of the world.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Norbaeocystin, and baeocystin in psilocybin mushrooms [Re: fliped]
    #16872958 - 09/19/12 05:44 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I tried to find trip reports resulting from Psilocybe baeocystis.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baeocystis+trip+report&sugexp=chrome,mod=15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Someone should consider writing a small summary experience about this species. If the compounds provide different (or better) experiences they could be considered medicine.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Norbaeocystin, and baeocystin in psilocybin mushrooms [Re: Yheringaan]
    #16872983 - 09/19/12 05:57 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing new will be known until and unless someone isolates the pure chemicals, which is very hard. Even then we still won't know a lot about how they are metabolized. Both are present in some amount in most psilocybin containing mushrooms including cubes.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Re: Norbaeocystin, and baeocystin in psilocybin mushrooms [Re: nooneman]
    #16872997 - 09/19/12 06:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

They are probably one of the most visual mushrooms I have ever taken. Clean, fast onset, long lasting, very uplifting and "bright", NEVER any bad feelings the day after. But there are variable differences between fresh, 1-10 hrs old, and dried.

I have a paper that shows how many chemicals are in baeos, but I gotta find it. The list is pretty large

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#16873058 - 09/19/12 06:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

From here: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fusuarios.multimania.es%2Fmongiweb%2Ffaq.htm

Indole derivatives Amount (ug, micrograms)
5-Benzyloxy-3-indole acetic acid   2
N, N-Dimethyltryptamine hydrogen-oxalate [aka DMT]   4
Gramine   40
Indole 3-Hydroxyethyl   2
5-Hydroxy-3-indole acetic acid  2
5-hydroxyindole   4
3-Hydroxymethylindole  2
5-hydroxytryptamine creatine sulfate [aka Serotonin]   4
5-Hydroxytryptophane  2
Indole  4
3-Indoleacetamide   2
3-Indole acetic acid   2
3-indoleacetic acid ethyl ester   2
3-Indoleacetonitrile   2
3-Indolealdehyde   40
3-Indoleacetaldehyde   2
3-acid indolecarboxylic   4
3-Indolelactic acid   2
gamma-(Indole)-N-butyric acid   4
beta-Indole-3-acrylic acid   2
beta-(Indole-3)-propionic acid   4
Indoxylacetate   2
Indoxylbutyrate   2
Isatin   2
5-Methoxy-2-carboxyindole   2
5-Methoxydimethyltryptamine monooxalate [aka bufotenine]   4
5-Methoxyindole   4
2-Methylindole  2
3-Methylindole  4
5-Methylindole  4
5-Methyltryptophane   2
N-Methyltryptophane   2
Tryptamine hydrochloride   4
L-Tryptophane   0.8
From: AY Leung, AH Smith & AG Paul, "Production of Psilocybin in Psilocybe baeocystis saprophytic Culture" J Pharm Sci 54: 1576 (1965)

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #16873066 - 09/19/12 06:33 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

2-4ug is an insanely small amount. I bet the equipment to detect amounts that small must cost a fortune.

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

#16873079 - 09/19/12 06:38 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I wish they still let testing like this go on nowadays in the private sector:sad:

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #16873716 - 09/19/12 09:30 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bfogg8706 said:
I wish they still let testing like this go on nowadays in the private sector:sad:

They do, though you need a permit.

Quote:

nooneman said:
Nothing new will be known until and unless someone isolates the pure chemicals, which is very hard.

Not that hard, chromatography will do it.

Quote:

Both are present in some amount in most psilocybin containing mushrooms including cubes.

All psilocybin containing species I believe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies