Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnansi
------------

A walk through the gates of infinity.
    #1682091 - 07/03/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Today I ended up randomly at a local forrest park type place in the Pudget Sound area. Therefore I did not have my camera on me to take photos of the mushrooms in their habitat =(. Also the mushrooms got a bit beat up do to the fact that I brought nothing to carry them in, so they toughed it out in my pocket.

This mushroom was found in an open spot next to the trail. I can not recall to much about it past that:

This is some sort of flower I think but I do not know. It blew my mind, looked like a wedding dress. It stood with two others directly next to it, right connected to a log and the ground. I have never seen anything like it, the leafy things were translucent as were the petals. It feels like no flower I have seen before, any help on id'ing this would be great:

This one is precious hehe and has a good story. Although I can not recall the surrounding area of this mushroom it was extremely similiar to the first mushroom pictured.
As I was walking down the path with this mushroom in hand(I didnt want to hurt it in my pocket) some jerkoff passes me with his dog. We said gday and I had switched the mushroom to another hand and turned it away, so he walked on past me. He then sits around a corner and when I walk by he walks up to me and says "what are you doing, it seems supicous." I wanted to tell him to leave me alone, its my damn business what I am doing, hell if I were smoking marajuana or whackin off in a bush how would it hurt him, how is it his damned issue? I did not feel like causing trouble though, so I told him I was hiking around. Then the bastard asks "whats that in your hand" and I hold it up and say I think its an agrocybe(no clue what it really is, just tried to make myself sound smart so he would bug off), and he tells me ok. He then runs off with his nice dog, and the jackass tripped on a root hehe. Karma! assholes shall pay their dues.
I think this might be Amantia Penthol or something, a shot in the dark though.

Here are all the mushrooms and stuff I found.

I have yet to take spore prints, but they are in the works.

I must say that taking a random mushroom hunting trip can be incredibly rewarding. Allowed me much time to think and such, especially when I got lost and had to walk 3 miles to find my car HAHA! =p

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: A walk through the gates of infinity. [Re: Anansi]
    #1682136 - 07/03/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That first mushroom looks like an Agaricus to me, and that flower is probably Indian Pipe.  I dunno bout the other ones, though.  Nice pics, though!  Thanks for postin' em. :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1682189 - 07/03/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think the first one could be a Clitocybe.

Before any of you beavis and buttheads make any jokes... YES! THE GENUS HAS THE WORD HAS CLIT IN IT! Everyone giggle like a school girl.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: A walk through the gates of infinity. [Re: Gumby]
    #1682291 - 07/03/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, that's an indian pipe. It's actually a parasitic, non-chlorophyllic plant.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: A walk through the gates of infinity. [Re: Sev]
    #1682297 - 07/03/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

whoa!! Very cool, I shall study up on this plant.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1682751 - 07/03/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

To get accurate IDs we'll need more description.

The first one has the stature of a Tricholoma, but could be a member of any of several genera. Were any parts of it slimy or sticky? Does it have an odor? Try cutting it in half vertically. Is the stem solid, stuffed, or hollow? Scrape one of the halves with your knife edge to bruise it - does it change color (from what to what)?

The second one is an Amanita, and it does resemble Amanita pantherina. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Amanitas that are similar. Does it have any odor? Cut it in half vertically, also. Does it change color (it can take up to an hour)?

Let us know.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: A walk through the gates of infinity. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1683952 - 07/03/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ok the first mushroom was not slimy or sticky in anyway. The stem of the mushroom is solid and fiberousis, it did not change color when bruised other then a very slight yellow tint(I am not sure if it changed at all, the difference is minute if at all). It lacks a noticeable scent. The spore print came out as rust red.

The Amantia has no odor. The spore print turned out to be white of course. The stem is kind of a chalky fiberousis type mix, it is wierd. It is currently cut in half and waiting to change color now.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1684213 - 07/03/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Your description of the spore print color on the first one is interesting. I think that's close to Pluteus cervinus.

The Amanita is close to Amanita pantherina, but we probably can't confirm the ID without a microscope.

Nice specimens.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: A walk through the gates of infinity. [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1684512 - 07/03/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the help.

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: A walk through the gates of infinity. [Re: Sev]
    #1796703 - 08/09/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That's awesome, a non-chlorophyl plant!  I never thought that was possible.  I ran into some today in the woods and I came to the shroomery to see if anyone had seen it before (thinking it was a mushroom).  This is very neat!

Just imagine if marijuana was such a non-chlorophyl plant hehe.  Then people could grow it at home without hot grow lights, thus reducing their chances of getting caught.  Maybe underground botanists should start working on that via genetic engineering  :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract