Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Homogenized Mycelium Syringes ( yes Anno, it's a cross post)
    #1677455 - 07/01/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I know a kid with a nifty mini cuizinart... he had an idea. He can never get more than a few innoculations out of a jar of mycelium because it is always clumping up, but if all it takes is a cell or two, couldn't you put them mycelium and some water in a blender to homogenize it? If this is possible, you could make hundreds of myceluim syringes with realative ease. My friend tried this idea, and innoculated two PF jars (i know a small test sample) and they are currently incubating. I'll keep you guys posted on my friends experiment.
To all you moderators, i have a question for you. Is it bad to cross post? Sometimes with a topic like this one that is advanced but not too advanced, it doesn't seem to fit anywhere so i post in both the cultivation and advanced cultivation, Anno bothered me about it a while ago, and i was wondering if it's generally bad practice. Thanks.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePavement
Stephen Malkmus

Re: Homogenized Mycelium Syringes ( yes Anno, it's a cross post) [Re: lemunhed]
    #1677479 - 07/01/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what do you mean a few innociulations out of a jar of mycelium? Do you mean, honey jars and making syringes or some other way to use a "jar of mycelium" to innoculate. Do you mean BRF Cakes into a blender with water and then making a syringe? Can you be more specific, I mean yeh, I'm stoned, but I'm not stupid.

--------------------
"Over the turnstile and out in the classroom there ways of living and this is the way I'm living right or wrong" - Range Life - Pavement

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1677486 - 07/01/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what in the hell is a mini cuizinart? is that supposed to mean cuisine art? if so, i imagine it is some kind of food processor.

under sterile conditions, i dont see why this wouldnt work.

are you talkin about a liquid mycel. tek? if so, throw a marble in the jar b4 you pc it. then when you shake it up the marble will break up the mycelium.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Homogenized Mycelium Syringes ( yes Anno, it's a cross post) [Re: A0999]
    #1678185 - 07/01/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry for the long post.
To answer your question Pavement, I would just be using a syringe like in a normal mycelium TEK, but i would be sucking up mycelium that has been through a blender to almost dissolve it in the water.
And anarchist0999, I do mean cuisinart, i just added a Z in on accident, I was in a hurry. Yes it is a blender, it's just like a mini blender. I figured this would chop the mycelium alot better than a marble. It's like a mycelium smoothy kind of.
It's very simple, perhaps my description was a bit off. It's just a sterile mycelium TEK where you grow out mycelium in a liquid medium, and use it to make syringes. Instead of depending on marbles to break up the mycelium though, you are using a blender. This means that you have totally homogenous mycelium, and thus that you can make more syringes out of a smaller amount of mycelium.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1678648 - 07/02/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>To all you moderators, i have a question for you. Is it bad to cross post?

As a former moderator I assure you, yes, it?is a very bad practice.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Homogenized Mycelium Syringes ( yes Anno, it's a cross p [Re: lemunhed]
    #1678708 - 07/02/03 12:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This method is described in TMC & GGMM and is often used by professional spawn producers. It works great but the only problem IME is in maintaining the sterility. One mistake and all your jars get contaminated.
Do a shroomery search on "Eberbach" or "blender" or "liquid culture" and you'll find many posts about it.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Homogenized Mycelium Syringes ( yes Anno, it's a cross p [Re: zeronio]
    #1679862 - 07/02/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks a bunch Anno, i was kind of looking for another opinion because you are the only person who has said anything about it, but i'll stop doing it just because whoever your avatar is is hot. lol. I seriously worry about her though, she looks a little weird. And thanks zeronio that helps me alot. Yeah, that's what i thought the potential problem would be.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1679893 - 07/02/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

kramer does not aprove of cross posting it make mods mad(hippies hate work)

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Re: Homogenized Mycelium Syringes ( yes Anno, it's a cross p [Re: george castanza]
    #1680126 - 07/02/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, i'll go delete the other one. Not a problem, i just didn't know if people didn't like it or not.

--------------------

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

#1680217 - 07/02/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

cross posting is not cool, i can tell you that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds