Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejenhibre
Empress of theWorld
Loc: Pacific North West
Storing Dried Shrooms in the Freezer (?)
    #1672885 - 06/30/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Can anyone tell me if it's OK to store shrooms in the freezer? I got some last week and asked my buddy how to store them. He said the best place is in the freezer so that's where they are, doubled zip-locked. I don't see any recommendations for this type of storage so now I'm paranoid my shrooms are gonna lose their kick. Help! thanks!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Re: Storing Dried Shrooms in the Freezer (?) [Re: jenhibre]
    #1673244 - 06/30/03 04:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Freezer is good as long as you are 100% sure they are completly dry.

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1673445 - 06/30/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

There's no need to store them in the freezer if they're cracker dry. Just put them in an airtight bag, and use a straw to suck out the extra air (thanks to whoever suggested this a few weeks ago, it works great). And then put it somewhere cool and dark.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Storing Dried Shrooms in the Freezer (?) [Re: Sheepish]
    #1673453 - 06/30/03 07:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just an airtight container that is kept somewhere dark tis as simple as that... Keeping em in your freezer although somewhat eccentric isn't going to harm them

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1673502 - 06/30/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It has been my experience that as long as the are cracker dry (i.e. the stems 'snap' like a cracker when you break them) you will be fine. I have stored them in a glass jar, with the air displaced by CO2, in the freezer for over a year with no apparent loss of potency.

MJShroomer says that you should never store shrooms in the freezer... wet or dry.

I have never noticed a loss in potency, even after being stored for more than a year... but others (namely mjshroomer, who is something of an expert) have...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Storing Dried Shrooms in the Freezer (?) [Re: Seuss]
    #1673633 - 06/30/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It has been my experience that as long as the are cracker dry (i.e. the stems 'snap' like a cracker when you break them) you will be fine. I have stored them in a glass jar, with the air displaced by CO2, in the freezer for over a year with no apparent loss of potency.

I bought one of those automatic vacuum-packer gadgets they sell on TV. They go for about $100 or so, though there are cheaper manual versions available. It comes with tough plastic bags that the machine vacuums out and heat-seals. When the shrooms are cracker dry (a week or more in the desiccant chamber) I vacuum seal several servings and toss them in the freezer. I haven't seen any noticeable loss of potency up to two years later.

Check Ebay for used ones cheap.

Good luck!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinestarfungi
daydreamer

Loc: south pacific
Re: Storing Dried Shrooms in the Freezer (?) [Re: Diploid]
    #1674789 - 06/30/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Speaking of vaccum packers. It just hit me that maybe you could empty a wine bottle, put the dried shrooms in there and use those cheap vacuum pump sealers made specifically for wine bottles. Would that produce a good enough vacuum?
Definitely cheaper than $100... and it would feel quite classy too!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Storing Dried Shrooms in the Freezer (?) [Re: starfungi]
    #1674895 - 06/30/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That would work as long as the bottle and shrooms are completely dry.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinezero2infinite
Stranger
    #26918787 - 09/05/20 07:42 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, you can indeed, but I have the same question but with the "powdered" form of any Psilocybin mushrooms!

Can anyone tell me whether it would be OK to also store "powdered" dried mushroom in my freezer? I know you can store the whole but can they by getting a little bit wet lose some of their potency as the dried mushrooms have much stronger potency I guess and also what if they dissolve with the ice, water as well if you know what I mean? inside or when I want to take them out of my freezer in order to unfreeze them before tripping.

Edited by zero2infinite (09/28/20 01:33 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag