Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMymajyma
Cosmic Journeyman
Male
Loc: Midwest, USA/Hyderabad, I...
ID Request-Central India
    #16686025 - 08/12/12 04:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I found this on the forest floor after a couple days of rain, though it looks like it is starting to loose moisture. It did not leave a spore print, maybe because it was already starting to dry out? The stem is solid and it bruises dark brown. Probably not psychedelic, but just curious as to what type it is so I can learn more about what grows in my area. Thanks a lot!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: ID Request-Central India [Re: Mymajyma]
    #16686044 - 08/12/12 05:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That is going to be next to impossible to ID accurately, on account of the specimen being almost fully dried out. It's not psychedelic in any case.

OfflineUser_7
Cyanoaeruginosa caerulazurescens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Secret Island Location Flag
Re: ID Request-Central India [Re: koraks]
    #16686178 - 08/12/12 06:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Possibly an Agrocybe, but yeah - it's impossible to say really in that condition. I found a lot of similar looking mushrooms in India. What state are you in by the way? Make sure you head to Tamil Nadu if it's mushrooms you're after. Kerala also has some of it's own Psilocybe species.

OfflineMymajyma
Cosmic Journeyman
Male

Loc: Midwest, USA/Hyderabad, I...
Re: ID Request-Central India [Re: User_7]
    #16686877 - 08/12/12 10:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

User_7 said:
Possibly an Agrocybe, but yeah - it's impossible to say really in that condition. I found a lot of similar looking mushrooms in India. What state are you in by the way? Make sure you head to Tamil Nadu if it's mushrooms you're after. Kerala also has some of it's own Psilocybe species.

I am in Andhra Pradesh, so a bit north of the locations you mentioned. I would like to hone my skills a bit more before I go do any serious traveling for mushrooms, but I will definitely keep those locations in mind. I have a few books on the way to help. :grin:

What kind of environment did you find psychoactive mushrooms here in India? The wooded areas around where I am staying are really dense and seem almost impossible to trek through foraging. I find most mushrooms on cow pies in open fields,but no psychoactive specimen yet.

--------------------
Fucking the shit out of every day since 92'

InvisibleRiverDweller1
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #16686909 - 08/12/12 10:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

User_7 said:
Possibly an Agrocybe,.....

Agree, Agrocybe

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #16686913 - 08/12/12 10:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well just keep looking and posting pics! there is some interesting stuff in india we'd love to see!! :smile:

--------------------

OfflineUser_7
Male User Gallery

#16688370 - 08/12/12 04:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mymajyma said:
What kind of environment did you find psychoactive mushrooms here in India? The wooded areas around where I am staying are really dense and seem almost impossible to trek through foraging. I find most mushrooms on cow pies in open fields,but no psychoactive specimen yet.

I never actually went out hunting whilst I was in the South of India, mostly because all the dealers in Goa told me you couldn't get magic mushrooms in India or didn't know what they were. With everything else in such abundance I just assumed there weren't any. But once I got up North I found out all about what I had missed in the South on the East side. There are certain locations in Tamil Nadu (I can't list anything more specific than state because of the Shroomery's rules but a little Googling and you won't need to ask), which are famous for Magic Mushrooms. Apparently it's easy to go out and pick your own or buy them there.

There were rumours about actives in Himachal Pradesh, but I only had a little look around in the woods and found just a few inactive mushrooms.

But to help as much as I can - India has loads of cows and in the South where it's hot I bet it's the Cow pasture mushrooms people are finding. In fact I'm pretty sure the mushrooms people were talking about were Psilocybe subcubensis - Macroscopically identical to regular Cubensis. It's what most travellers would recognise and pick/buy. That means you're probably on the look out for Panaeolus cyanescens too in exactly the same environment.

Best of luck on your hunt, let us know what you find. Make sure you get your timing right as India is so seasonal! I'll be joining you in the pastures next time I get a chance to go to India for sure!

OfflineUser_7
Male User Gallery

#16688420 - 08/12/12 04:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just realised that the most famous Tamil Nadu mushrooming area is at an elevation of around 2000m. That will have a large impact on what mushrooms are found. It's possible that down in hyperabad (around 500m) you will have a very different fungal life.

... I don't know - seeing as everything I've said is just speculation, I guess you'll have to get out there and tell us what you find!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds