Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction
    #1666254 - 06/27/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have been dreaming of using this tech to grow my maza or tazmanian strain http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7953. Due to the high psilocin content of this method and being that i want a reasonably pure water soluble product that dosen't have to pass through the digestive system to be active i think this may be a good start. I am thinking of first washing the dried and powderd mushies with acetone maybe even cloroform or both. Then adding a proper amount of 140 proof grain alcohol back to the dried crushed material. Then adding a few drops of hcl to drop the ph to 3. I think i should probally let this sit in the fridge over night filter and repeat extraction with more alcohol and hcl always keeping liquids. After this i think i should probally combine both extracts defat with an equal amount pet either separate layers and keep bottom layer. Ok this is where i really need advice i'm thinking that i could add baking soda or red devil lye in small amonts until i bring the ph back to 7 or 8. Evaporate alcohol under vacume and warm water bath until a relativly dry product is formed. Then add more pet either until disolved or mostly disolved. This is where i'm counting on doctor shulgin according to him psilocin is almost insoluble in pure ethanol and most insoluble in pure methanol. Although i'm pretty sure urea will disolve so my idea is to take an equal amount of probally methanol drop the ph to 3 with hcl and add it to my pet either. I'm hoping the urea will be dissolved in the bottom methanol/ethanol layer of the solution. I'm not sure if the psilocin will stay in the pet either or fall out to the bottom of the jar which wold be great. If it stays in the either i think i will be able to pull it out with an equal amout of 140 proof ethanol with a few drops of hcl to drop it back down to ph 3 then adding this back to my pet either solution. Next i will remove top layer then evaporate the bottom layer under vacume and another warm water bath. I hope this will yeild a descent product. All this is just an idea i've never pulled an extraction like this before and welcome all ideas and opinions of those who know more than I so feel free to critcize my idea or offer advice. If you can help me i thank you if not have nice day anyway. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/extraction.htm

uneasy1

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

Edited by uneasyone (06/27/03 11:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction [Re: uneasyone]
    #1667204 - 06/27/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! I think that's the biggest run-on sentance I have ever seen in my life!

Makes it a bit hard to understand.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineElemicin
3,4,5-trimethoxyallybenzene

Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction [Re: micro]
    #1667320 - 06/27/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

why not try to extract the psilocybin with anhydrous methanol?

Methanol is sold at all large stares as gas line anti-freeze, it comes in a yellow bottle with a blue label its called H***. You could add some asorbic acid (vita c) to the methanol, after drying the methanol with some epsom salts. here is my proposal.

Take epsom salts put in the oven for 2-3hr at 400F.
Then put them in the methanol, all the water will be sucked up, and leaving anhydrous, or almost anhyrdrous methanol. Filter off the salts. Add some asorbic acid to the methanol (vita c. its would behave as an anti oxidant and also make the ph slightly lower) then dip your dried fungus matter in there, and leave it in the dark for a little bit, (I week, i'd recommend.) then i'd go ahead and evaporate the methanol using a fan.

Acetone for this extraction is unnecessary because there aren't many non-polar items that u want to remove, there will be no fat based substances since fungus (at least the one growing) does not produce any fats.

Good luck, this way both the psilocin and psilocybin could be extracted, however the psilocin will degrade quicky when exposed to air.

OfflineWapo
journeyman
Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction [Re: Elemicin]
    #1668132 - 06/27/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

why not just use pure grain and make like 2g's per shot

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

#1668158 - 06/27/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Please excuse me and my run on sentances english never was my best subject lunch was. The reason i want to extract psilocin instead of psilocybin is because i'm going to use the tryptamine cultivation tech. There is suposedly very little psilocybin when cultivated in this manner but the psilocin content will be very high. Another reason is that where i live meth runs rampant main lining is the favorite method of ingestion by most. Psychedelics here are almost nonexistant here therefore i need what i produce to be water soluable and active without the aid of the digestive system. I don't plan to use it in this manner myself but but snorting a line of it might be nice. The ascorbic acid and epom salt to dry heet sounds like a good idea i think i will have to give it more thought. Please if you can understand my post help me out critique it offer some sugestions or post a method of your own. Just remember that my objective is a fairly pure water soluble psilocin salt. I welcome info from those who know more than I and I know very little about this so give me some input. thanks guys

uneasy1

--------------------
uneasy1

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

#1669500 - 06/28/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You know, if you eat the mushrooms fresh, you really don't need to worry about any degrading of compounds, at all. Tastes great with ranch dressing!

I've heard of people drying these mushrooms (grown on a tryptamine-rich substrate) and then putting them in the freezer and it holding their potency.

I'd use methanol, though;

Cheers!

--
Micro

--------------------

Offlineblue_bruiser
nobody
Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction *DELETED* [Re: micro]
    #1669857 - 06/28/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by blue_bruiser

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction [Re: blue_bruiser]
    #1670692 - 06/29/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't mean that i would use psilocin for cultivation i would use tryptamine hcl for cultivation then extract psilocin from the fruit bodies hope that cleared things up uneasy1

--------------------
uneasy1

OfflineElemicin
3,4,5-trimethoxyallybenzene

#1673784 - 06/30/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

if you are intending to extract the psilocin be careful as the the molecule gets oxidized. Psilocin as you know is unstable.

try using an antioxidant in whichever method you utilize. You could try drying your alcohol, adding some vita C and using that for the xtraction.

Good luck.

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

#1740557 - 07/23/03 08:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

REVISED METHOD I THINK THIS WILL WORK BETTER----------------------->
tryptamine cubensis---->psilocin hcl extraction
I have been dreaming of using this tech to grow my maza or tazmanian strain http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7953. Due to the high psilocin content of this method and being that i want a reasonably pure water soluble product that dosen't have to pass through the digestive system to be active i think this may be a good start. I am thinking of first washing the dried and powderd mushies with acetone maybe even cloroform or both. Then adding a proper amount of 140 proof grain alcohol back to the dried crushed material. Then adding a few drops of hcl to drop the ph to 3. I think i should probally let this sit in the fridge over night filter and repeat extraction with more alcohol and hcl always keeping liquids. After this i think i should probally combine both extracts defat with an equal amount pet ether separate layers and keep bottom layer. next i will add an equal amount of new pet ether to the to the alcohol extract then add a strong lye solution to the mix until the alcohol layer reaches a ph of 8 checking through the top ether layer with a pipette while keeping it stirred. i will probally stir this for about ten minutes to make sure everything goes into the ether layer remove top layer and discard bottom layer. then gas the ether extract with hcl to precipitate the psilocin salt. decant ether and dry precipitate under vacume.

--------------------
uneasy1

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #1740643 - 07/23/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You need to learn how to use the Enter button, in order to space your paragraphs. It's very hard to read.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction [Re: Raadt]
    #1741998 - 07/23/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I tried an acetone wash in a lab once (no change in pH) and one or two drops of the acetone supernatant turned Keller's reagent olive-green. It was only one time, but I think there was psilocybin in the acetone.

--
Micro

--------------------

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

#1743856 - 07/24/03 07:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I got this extraction off of the hive sounds a little better than the one I've been dreaming about.

Rhodium
(Chief Bee)
07-24-03 05:00
No 449383
Mushroom Aqueous-Organic Psilocin Extraction
(Rated as: excellent)

An Aqueous-Organic Extraction Method for the Isolation and Identification of Psilocin from Hallucinogenic Mushrooms
Casale, J. F.
Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 247-250 (1985) (http://www.rhodium.ws/pdf/shroom.psilocin.extraction.pdf)

Abstract

A simple aqueous extraction method for the isolation and identification of psilocin from Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms is reported. This method employs a dephosphorylation of the phosphate ester to psilocin, which facilitates a greater product yield and simplifies identification. Psilocin extracted by this method is sufficiently concentrated and free of cocontaminants to allow identification by infrared spectroscopy and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry.

The tryptamines are one of four categories of hallucinogenic indoles in more than 20 classes of indole compounds comprising approximately 600 alkaloids1. Considerable research has been conducted with psilocin and psilocybin since their isolation by Hofmann et. al.2 Several extraction techniques1,3-6 have been used to isolate psilocin and psilocybin from more than two dozen species of mushrooms in four genera (Conocybe. Panaeolus, Psilocybe, Stropharia). The techniques that use methanol co-extract other compounds such as urea, ergosterol, ergosteral peroxide, ,-trehalose, baeocystin, and norbaeocystin3,4,7. At present, a useful aqueous extraction procedure has not been reported for psilocin and psilocybin.

The dephosphorylation of psilocybin to psilocin in vivo has been well documented1,8,9 and is thought to account for most or all of its central nervous system activity8. Conversion of psilocybin to psilocin is also necessary for aqueous extraction with organic solvents because of the very low lipid solubility of psilocybin. Extraction of only one compound also permits infrared analysis of the extract.

Concentration and detectability of psilocin and psilocybin are dependent on several variables, including:

1. The absence of glucose, which will prevent the production of psilocybin10.
2. Low levels of ammonium succinate, which will give poor yields of psilocybin10.
3. The growing medium, which requires a pH of less than 710.
4. Timing: maximum production of psilocybin occurs on the seventh day after germination, while maximum production of the mycelium is reached by the ninth day10.
5. Temperature: complete loss of psilocin and psilocybin will occur in harvested mushrooms left at room temperature for an extended period of time3.
6. Oxidation: psilocin will oxidize to a blue product (possibly accounting for the bluing color in the four genera containing psilocin and psilocybin)9.

Because of the increasing popularity of these mushrooms and kits available from drug oriented publications for growing mushrooms containing psilocin and psilocybin in cow manure a simple aqueous extraction procedure has been developed that extracts reasonably pure psilocin from mature mushrooms. This extraction method greatly simplifies the identification of psilocin from those mushrooms by infrared spectroscopy and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GS/MS).

Experimental Procedure

A representative sample of 2 to 10g of dried mushrooms is ground to a fine powder by mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with 100 mL of dilute acetic acid in a 250-mL beaker. The pH is readjusted to pH 4 with glacial acetic acid. After standing 1 h, the beaker is placed in a boiling water bath for 8 to 10 min or until the internal temperature of the acid mixture reaches 70?C. The beaker is removed and cooled to room temperature under running water. The acid mixture is separated from the mushroom powder by suction filtration using glass wool. The filtrate is brought to pH 8 with concentrated ammonium hydroxide and quickly extracted with two 50-mL portions of diethyl ether. Gentle mixing instead of shaking should be used to prevent an emulsion. The ether is dried over sodium sulfate, filtered, and evaporated under nitrogen with no applied heat.

Crude psilocin will appear as a greenish residue. Recrystallization from chloroform/heptane (1:3) yields white crystals. The resulting powder can then be submitted to infrared and mass spectral analyses.

Results and Discussion

This method permits rapid isolation of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms by co-extraction of both psilocin and psilocybin. Dilute acetic acid is an excellent solvent for this purpose, because both compounds are very soluble in acetic acid11 and very little of other interfering substances arc extracted, It is most likely some other compounds are co-extracted but are removed from psilocin in the ether extraction from the aqueous base. Psilocybin is completely dephosphorytated to psilocin by heating the acid extract. After addition of the base, extraction into ether should be performed promptly, because of decomposition of psilocin at a greater pH than 712. The extraction and dephosporylation steps produce reasonably pure psilocin from a small amount of mushroom material. Two grams of mushrooms will often be sufficient to obtain an infrared spectrum of psilocin(Fig. 1). (http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/pictures/psilo.xtract.fig1.gif)
Smaller mushrooms exhibits provide ample psilocin for mass spectral analysis (Fig. 2). (http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/pictures/psilo.xtract.fig2.gif)

This method has been used in our laboratory for six months and has given excellent results in separating psilocin from methanol-soluble compounds. Other identification techniques such as gas chromatography and microcrystalline tests are possible on psilocin extracted by this method.

References

[1] Schultes, R. E., "Indole Alkaloids in Plant Hallucinogens" Journal of Psychedelic Drugs, Vol. 8, No. 1, Jan.-March 1976, pp. 7-25.
[2] Hofmann, A., Heim, R., Barck, A., Kobel, H., Frey, A., et al, "Psilicybin [sic] and Psilocin" Helvetica Chimica Acta, Vol. 42, No. 2, 1959, pp. 1557-1572.
[3] Beug, M. W. and Bigwood, J., "Quantitative Analysis of Psilocybin and Psilocin in Psilicybe Baeocystis (Singer and Smith) by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography and by Thin-Layer Chromatography" Journal of Chromatography, Vol 207, No. 3, March 1981, pp. 379-385.
[4] Koike, Y., Wada, K., Kusano, G., Nozoe, S., and Yokoyama, K., "Isolation of Psilocybin from Psilocybe Argentypes and Its Determination in Specimens of Some Mushrooms" Journal of Natural Products, Vol. 44, No. 3, May-June 1981, pp. 362-365.
[5] Ott, J. and Guzm?n, G., "Detection of Psilocybin in Species of Psilocybe Panaeolus and Psathyrella" Lloydia, Vol. 39, No. 4, July-Aug. 1976, pp. 258-260.
[6] Guzm?n, G. and Ott, J., "Description and Chemical Analysis of a New Species of Hallucinogenic Psilocybe from the Pacific Northwest" Mycologia, Vol. 68, No. 6, Nov. 1976, pp. 1261-1267.
[7] Lenny, A. W. and Paul, A. G., "Raeocystin and Norbaeocystin: New Analogs of Psilocybin form Psilocybe Baeocystis" Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 57, No. 10, Oct. 1968, pp. 1667-1671.
[8] Horita, A. and Weber, L. J., "Dephosphorylation of Psilocybin in the Intact Mouse" Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, Vol. 4, No. 6. Nov. pp. 730-737.
[9] Horita, A. and Weber, L. J., "The Enzymatic Dephosphorylation and Oxidation of Psilocybin and Psilocin by Mammalian Tissue Homogenates" Biochemical Pharmacology, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1961, pp. 47-54.
[10] Catalfomo, P. and Tyler, V. E., "The Production of Psilocybin in Submerged Culture by Psilocybe Cubensis" Lloydia, Vol. 27, No. 1, March, 1964, pp. 53-63.
[11] Clarke, E. G. C., Isolation and Identification of Drugs, Pharmaceutical Press, London, 1974, p. 526.
[12] Agurell, S. and Eilsson, L., "Biosynthesis of Psilocybin Part II. Incorporation of Labeled Tryptamine Derivatives" Acta Chemica Scandinavica, Vol. 22, No. 4, 1968, pp. 1210-1218.

--------------------
uneasy1

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

#1743988 - 07/24/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, uneasyone! Sounds like this one will work -- I was going to try something similar but had no clue where to pH it.

Shrooms 4 U!

--
Micro

--------------------

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

#1744120 - 07/24/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey micro do me a favor and let me know how it turns out.

uneasy1

--------------------
uneasy1

Offlinetrypyamine
    #1746384 - 07/24/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

a chemist told me psilocin base is smokable. As an expiriment try adding some ammonia to a 1 gram of some powderized shooms, letting it dry and smoke it out of a lightbulb. Anyone see a problem with that proceedure? Maybe you should add concentrated ammonia and extract with ether for a more pure smokable product. PURELY THEORETICAL

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Re: tryptamine cubensis --->psilocin hcl extraction [Re: trypyamine]
    #1747567 - 07/25/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybin can be smoked; I don't know about psilocin. I'd do the extraction mentioned above. Ammonia in water would probably not work at all. Ammonia/water and an ether extract *might* work, but I'd go with the above. You should really extract it into solution, first.

--
Micro

--------------------

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

#1854370 - 08/27/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i think one could add a small adaption to the above tek. on the last step i think someone could add an equal amount of water or better yet 140 proof vodka made acidic with the addition of ascorbic acid to the ether extract to pull the psilocin out of the ether then dry under vacume to help prevent oxidation and make things a little more stable i'm not sure if this will work so i'm hoping someone who knows more than i will give me some advice

thanks guys
uneasy1

--------------------
uneasy1

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3293688 - 10/29/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what's up micro!how did this one turn out?

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale