Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSplat
Deviant
Loc: Santa Cruz CA
Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP!
    #1658665 - 06/24/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I went out of town for one week... the worst week possible.. right mid flush. My house mate picked them in my absence, but didnt quite understand how to dry them. When I returned I found a MASSIVE pile of mushrooms each with a white fuzy cap (not mycillium). now that I have a heap of moldy shrooms is there anything I can do with them? can I extract the psylo without extracting yummy mold juice? SUGGESTIONS?!

Thanks.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: Splat]
    #1658815 - 06/24/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry bro tough luck only place for them is the trash i know it sucks but you will get ill its not worth it :smile:

--------------------

OfflineSplat
Deviant
Loc: Santa Cruz CA
Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: FallenShroom]
    #1659005 - 06/24/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Arg!

Thanks for the reply. there were a couple that had only a few small spots on the caps. I wipped them off with rubbing alcohol... do you think these are ok to eat? It was just a creamy white fuzz (powder)... hmm...
What do you think?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
You know what I always say....anything worth doing.... mmm....is worth overdoing!

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: Splat]
    #1659012 - 06/24/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Why dont you just cut off the part with the mold on it? I dunno, it seems this should work... if they are covered everywhere in the mold, I think your outa luck

Offlinepeetee32
Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! *DELETED* [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1659333 - 06/24/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by peetee32

Reason for deletion: none

OfflineKalbaska
SPEED

Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: peetee32]
    #1659965 - 06/24/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

How do you make tea? can you also make it out of dry molded shrooms?

--------------------
I'm not smiling because your joke was funny... I'm smiling because I know you'll be dead someday.

.........but it basically stems from the music, and im just hoping that people understand that moneys one thing................but soul is another.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: Kalbaska]
    #1660018 - 06/24/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I really dont see the difference between drinking tea that was made with moldy shrooms, and eating moldy shrooms.... Personally I wouldnt do either, but then again I dont like getting ill...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1667503 - 06/27/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you boil it you will destroy some, maybe all of the psilocybin. I don't know the exact statistics, but I think temperatures over 96 deg. F begin to destroy the psilocybin.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: Moldy shrooms.... can I extract?! HELP! [Re: neutralizer]
    #1669878 - 06/28/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ahem...
let me clarify a few points for everyone as a public service announcement.

First of all there is no empirical evidence that would indicate that boiling the mushrooms will destroy any significant amount of pscilocybin(e) or psilocin(e). You can always add some kind of water soluble anti-oxidant if you are worried about it. Vitamine C is a good one.
Oxidation will inacitivate psilocin(e) readily, but that comes from exposure to oxygen and other oxidizing compounds. Psilocybin(e) is much more resistant to oxidation due to the phosphate group attached at the 4 position on the phenyl ring. Psilocin(e) melts at @103-104 C (Shulgin) or 80 C (according to Ott1996), but that is when it is in pure crystal form. Psilocybin(e) melts @ at even higher temperatures, but is more soluble in water and less prone to getting degraded.

My main concern here is the idea of trying to use the molding mushrooms. Many molds have some nasty toxins in them and many people also have allergies to mold spores. I would recommend against using the mushrooms, but if you do please keep a sample in a bag in case you get sick and have to go to the hospital. This way the doctor can make a more accurate diagnosis.
be careful.. it's easy enough to grow more.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale