Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHoneyPoohBear
Hello

Found some mushrooms while I was running.
    #1657184 - 06/23/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They don't stain blue.
They were growing under a tree on those woodchips, i think they're called mulch. There was a frog nearby. They're all different, I believe. I only have the cap of the biggest one I found left (of that particular one). It is yellow and the spores are brown. The last one I found isn't completely grown just yet, so the cap isn't open. I grew mushrooms before and it looks how the psychoactive mushrooms look at that stage it is in, but it turned all brown/red where I have touched it. Basically, it was yellowish white and now it looks like leather. They smell pretty much like the mushrooms I grew before, which is good, although a bit more like the ones you buy from the store. The ones I grew had a "fresher" smell. Don't really know how to explain it. I will get some pics up asap, because I want to know what I've got on my hands. Thanks alot. The other one has a wavy cap and is yellowish brown. It is about an inch and a half or so tall and the cap is about an inch in diameter. The last one I found, the one that looks like leather, is kinda fat and the cap is about half an inch in diameter. The Biggest one is turned out and its about two inches in diameter i think. Maybe two and a half. None stained blue. Help me identify ! Thx.

Edited by HoneyPoohBear (06/23/03 11:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejimbu
jimbu
Male
Loc: nsw, australia
Re: Found some mushrooms while I was running. [Re: HoneyPoohBear]
    #1657284 - 06/23/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

where are you at?

it is impossible to help identify from your descriptions! clear photographs would be better, although it sounds like they're definitely not psychoactive. don't eat, unless you're 100% sure, which you're not!

OfflineHoneyPoohBear
Hello

Re: Found some mushrooms while I was running. [Re: jimbu]
    #1657336 - 06/23/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ok pictures

also, I am in south Florida.

Edited by HoneyPoohBear (06/23/03 11:30 PM)

OfflineHoneyPoohBear
Hello

#1657442 - 06/24/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Can someone help me identify now ? There are pics.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1657606 - 06/24/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

There was a frog nearby.

Then it could only be one type of mushroom. Everyone knows that frogs only go near one type.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1658006 - 06/24/03 07:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OK, at least you're making the effort to try and describe what you've found, but your descriptions are so general that it would be impossible to even guess genus from them. The photos are in focus at least, but only the next to last one shows the sort of thing we need to see on all of them. The side views are useful, if we get to see under the cap, too.

For the one where you show the underside of the cap, it might be a Tricholomopsis.

You need to slice a specimen of each kind of mushroom in half vertically so you can check gill attachment and bruising. To bruise them, scrape the inside (after you've cut them in half) with your knife edge. It can take up to an hour for bruising to occur.

Finally, attempting to identify a mushroom from a single specimen can be very difficult. When making a collection, you need to try to collect specimens of all ages. Of course, there are times when that's not possible, but it needs to happen whenever possible.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Anonymous

#1658012 - 06/24/03 07:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineHoneyPoohBear
Hello

Re: Found some mushrooms while I was running. [Re: ]
    #1658127 - 06/24/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

When I mentioned the frog, I was joking.. sooo..

My camera won't take closer pictures, because of the level of detail, I suppose.. I put them in the freezer, so I'll see about cutting them in half. The stalks(?) of the mushrooms were very strong, unlike the ones I grew.

I doubt they are psychoactive, anyways..

Anonymous

#1658390 - 06/24/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract