Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDOBOS
Hopefully this is not a repetitive question. please help
    #1656057 - 06/23/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wondering if ground whole grain rye would work as a substitute for brown rice in a PF cake. sterilized with a regular pan and not pressurized. Maby a formula of 1/8 a cup of ground rye with the remaining vermiculite. Or is the fat content in rye to high for success in this method? would it work?

thank you for your patience all that have read up to this point

--------------------
The mark of an imature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: Hopefully this is not a repetitive question. please help [Re: DOBOS]
    #1656086 - 06/23/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Why dont you try it, and you tell us if it works.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Hopefully this is not a repetitive question. please help [Re: A0999]
    #1656324 - 06/23/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i've read that rye isnt successful as brown rice flour.... if you can do anything with it at all... i think.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1656702 - 06/23/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Whole grains require pressure sterilization. If you grind the rye into flour then boiling it will work just fine.

There is an alternative method of sterilizing grains called tyndallization but I've never had any luck with it.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Hopefully this is not a repetitive question. please help [Re: dog]
    #1656785 - 06/23/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

no good reason to do that anyway,
rye's no any better than rice in pf cakes,
in fact most prefer rice.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1656786 - 06/23/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it will work. I?ve seen cakes done with rye flour and they work just fine. About the same as BRF to tell the truth. Seemed to take a little longer for the spores to start but once they did it was very fast. They also have a good yeild.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDOBOS
Re: Hopefully this is not a repetitive question. please hel [Re: DOBOS]
    #1658543 - 06/24/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The reason asking this question is for a reasonable cause. My brother handed me a personally made spore syringe he made for the first time. So the sterility of its contents is unknown. I have no brown rice or brown rice flour. I do have rye kernels and a grinder. therefore i would have liked to know if this idea was probable or not as one factor could lead to contamination already, the syringe. If i went through the steps and waited and wasted materials and aluminum foil which does not easily if at all biodegrade and it turned contaminated cakes, all a waste. And i would still be left wondering, was it the flour or the syringe. Yah know?

--------------------
The mark of an imature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Offlinemetaophion
stranger thanstrange
Loc: Seminyak, Bali - Indonesi...
    #1658552 - 06/24/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I am sure it would colonize - the question is would it colonize faster or slower? I would be interested in your findings.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1658558 - 06/24/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

mush cult is for repetitive questions

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineDOBOS
    #1658596 - 06/24/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thank you for the knowledge and help, you did not have to but you wonderful people did, thank ever so much. I have a copy of the mc and have read it, its not for decoration on the shelf. I lend it out to those who actually want to read into and learn slowly and thoroughly. I've never injected spores into a rye cake before. Why waste your finger engery typing a comment to me that just wastes server space, that is really aimed at someone else or perhaps anyone, as long as you feel better about yourself by downing someoine else. Just publically make someone look like a dumbass or lazy ass because you feel superior cuz you have done what most of us have too, read a little. ooooh weee. Wait what are message boards for agian? is it just me or should i have left the whole i hope this is not a repetitive question title out of the heading all together. It implied that i was a, hmmmmm pussy, weakling!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures