Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

Loc: Chonyid
If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... * 7
    #16510829 - 07/10/12 05:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

then it's pretty transparent what that agenda would be/is. It has to do with desensitization through constant exposure to fear and anxiety based memes in an attempt to proliferate division in the collective consciousness. Over and over in films and television shows we see the same tired ass plot devices thrown in our faces, insulting our intelligence with no remorse. These memes reinforce conventional attitudes and keep the unaware people locked into a generally anxious and fearful mode.

As an example, I can hardly recall any adult oriented mass media production that doesn't include some bloodshed and destruction and in general the reinforcement of finite existence and death. Now you can say that these things are just 'part of reality' and are therefore depicted in our popular fictions, but it is the incessant repetition of these memes, like they're being drilled in our consciousness so that there appears to be no other options or realities, which is what I find suspect.

Another example; the litany of law enforcement and medical shows and movies that reinforce reliance on and trust in authority systems--reinforcement of societal hierarchy. On a more subtle level it instills in the mind of the sheep, "this is what the reality is, these are things you should focus on"...

The susceptible sheep take this and develop a thought form that tells them there is no other way...the effectiveness of this sort of mechanism is known to any hypothetical 'powers that be', and it would be how they mold the direction of the mundane reality.

An overall general meme that the mass media tries to instill in the collective is that of the mundane reality, which limits the perception to a narrow scope and serves to cut off the channels of perception which can lead to the manifestation of 'magical' consciousness...

I could go on and on...but if you are aware of this already you can clearly see the agenda, intentional or not, deeply infected in every form of mass media from local news to international blockbuster films. It is so transparent and trite at this point that to those who are wide awake it's simply laughable really, but the machine carries on.

Now...for those who are discerning and strong minds, we can absorb this media and still separate our understanding from the obvious mental conditioning. But for all the 'sheep' out there...they can't see this agenda and so it actually molds their consciousness and thought patterns in a subversive way without them realizing it...that's why it is a problem.

Whatever...rambling.

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/greenspectral ;  <---original electrik muziq

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebangpowboomers
ol' Dirty Cirus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Place Last Seen
Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: greenspectral] * 2
    #16510865 - 07/10/12 06:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

As Led Zepplin would say gotta ramble on.  Seriously though I am becoming increasingly discontent with how things continue to go in America mostly but the world is a concern also.  It doesnt even have to do with drug legalization more the increasingly large gap amongst classes.  Im just tired of it perhaps its because I feel down trodden at times.  Maybe Im wrong I just think things could be a lot better right now it really should be.

--------------------
Bustin caps like Eastwood on crack!!!

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: bangpowboomers]
    #16511044 - 07/10/12 06:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

And the concept that it's ok and normal to be stupid/ignorant.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: unknown1123]
    #16511110 - 07/10/12 07:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i was just watching Repo Games and explaining the same thing to my friend...

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: akira_akuma]
    #16511116 - 07/10/12 07:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That is the single most angering thing to me.

:kingcrankey:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: unknown1123]
    #16511160 - 07/10/12 07:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

my friend was getting annoyed too. it was kinda funny.

OfflineClamence
Stranger
Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: akira_akuma]
    #16511311 - 07/10/12 07:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Newsroom on HBO bro.  It's happening.

Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

#16511362 - 07/10/12 08:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i was just watching Repo Games and explaining the same thing to my friend...

the bias towards proliferating mundane thought forms is plain to see...

Then you have the fallacy of the controlled opposition, where a dissenting media outlet will reference some other mass media outlet in a negative or critical way, pretending to represent a true alternative. But the reality is that this 'opposition', merely by taking the popular meme and regurgitating it, even though it is in a critical fashion, actually serves to proliferate the meme even more into the collective consciousness, and so actually reinforces the same paradigm.

There are SO many examples...small ones like certain words or phrases that reinforce conventional attitudes, the way lines are delivered with a sensationalist inflection even though their content is stating something logically obvious but packaging it as something novel or as some kind of 'revelation'.

It is all truly insulting to someone with any intelligence to see it...

--------------------

Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: Clamence] * 1
    #16511369 - 07/10/12 08:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Clamence said:
Newsroom on HBO bro.  It's happening.

haven't seen it but it probably falls into the category of the controlled opposition fallacy.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: greenspectral]
    #16511382 - 07/10/12 08:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It is all truly insulting to someone with any intelligence to see it...

or to see it happening around you, without your causation.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #16511404 - 07/10/12 08:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

its not just the news either.

every show on tv is either reality bullshit, or a cop drama.  Keep yourself distracted, and half the time, keep in mind that we will always catch someone if they do something wrong.

--------------------

Invisibleunknown1123
Experimental

Re: If there was ever any sort of agenda in the mass media control complex... [Re: greenspectral]
    #16511413 - 07/10/12 08:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hence, why I no longer watch TV anymore.

The Newsroom is a great/only show I've been downloading and watching. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#16511441 - 07/10/12 08:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

unknown1123 said:
Hence, why I no longer watch TV anymore.

The Newsroom is a great/only show I've been downloading and watching. :thumbup:

not alot of people would necessarily agree with that sentiment, of it "being the only good thing" on tv..

it's a cop out. you're just doing what you say everyone else does... believe stupid shit on TV.

don't worry brah, we all love our television though. maybe cut the cable/internet and get rid of your boxes, and you can be free. but until then... :yesnod: :zombie:

Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

#16511485 - 07/10/12 08:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Right now one of the agendas being pushed hard is that of information immersion.

Tireless consumption of information is being promoted as the new frontier of cultural expansion, it goes hand in hand with the emerging technocracy.

I'm not even saying I'm totally against it...I'm a willing data miner, as we all have been and are being whether we realize or not. We've been mining the noosphere willingly and increasing its reflective response since the day we were born...

Anyways, I'm all about some cyberpunk lifestyle and all that jazz...I'm plugged in man but I do it on my own terms.

Difference is, I know that information/intellect alone can never lead me to the essential reality, I know how to separate my mind from the constant information stream so that it doesn't drag me into a polar thought pattern.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#16511497 - 07/10/12 08:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well, maybe you've got some control over yourself, but that doesn't do anything for the control against being controlled. it's just the same thing, only "on your terms" which is still "their terms". :shrug:

i don't know how one would escape, essentially.

Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

#16511547 - 07/10/12 08:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

future cyber buddhas bitch

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#16511557 - 07/10/12 08:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

electrical nodes in my brain to make me satiated and peaceful all the time?

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #16511592 - 07/10/12 08:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

greenspectral said:
then it's pretty transparent what that agenda would be/is. It has to do with desensitization through constant exposure to fear and anxiety based memes in an attempt to proliferate division in the collective consciousness. Over and over in films and television shows we see the same tired ass plot devices thrown in our faces, insulting our intelligence with no remorse. These memes reinforce conventional attitudes and keep the unaware people locked into a generally anxious and fearful mode.

As an example, I can hardly recall any adult oriented mass media production that doesn't include some bloodshed and destruction and in general the reinforcement of finite existence and death. Now you can say that these things are just 'part of reality' and are therefore depicted in our popular fictions, but it is the incessant repetition of these memes, like they're being drilled in our consciousness so that there appears to be no other options or realities, which is what I find suspect.

Another example; the litany of law enforcement and medical shows and movies that reinforce reliance on and trust in authority systems--reinforcement of societal hierarchy. On a more subtle level it instills in the mind of the sheep, "this is what the reality is, these are things you should focus on"...

The susceptible sheep take this and develop a thought form that tells them there is no other way...the effectiveness of this sort of mechanism is known to any hypothetical 'powers that be', and it would be how they mold the direction of the mundane reality.

An overall general meme that the mass media tries to instill in the collective is that of the mundane reality, which limits the perception to a narrow scope and serves to cut off the channels of perception which can lead to the manifestation of 'magical' consciousness...

I could go on and on...but if you are aware of this already you can clearly see the agenda, intentional or not, deeply infected in every form of mass media from local news to international blockbuster films. It is so transparent and trite at this point that to those who are wide awake it's simply laughable really, but the machine carries on.

Now...for those who are discerning and strong minds, we can absorb this media and still separate our understanding from the obvious mental conditioning. But for all the 'sheep' out there...they can't see this agenda and so it actually molds their consciousness and thought patterns in a subversive way without them realizing it...that's why it is a problem.

Whatever...rambling.

TL;DR but you appear to assume (based on the first paragraph) that the agendas of your hypothesized conspirators have a goal which is predictable or comprehensible to outsiders.

They could be maintaining a trade outpost between aliens from neighboring star systems. Or, they could be a mutant race of humanoid mole-rats establishing farming rights over the plump, juicy outworlders. You don't know why they do what they do. Occam's razor is not always stopped by the bottom line.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinegreenspectral
Gutter Monk
Male

#16511599 - 07/10/12 08:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ok, you took it too far man, too far...

I just mean ya know like technologically empowered jedis, integration of cybernetic and organic systems to be mutually beneficial, but not inseparable...you know like high tech meshed with natural living guided by a spiritually advanced consciousness and 'ish...:shrug::grin:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#16511612 - 07/10/12 08:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

oh, well, yeah, that is unless fear propagating humans are afraid enough to just condition people into that state using electric nodes!1 :uhoh: :tinfoil:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom