Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShinjiro04
Stranger

Stalling soaked WBS? + Fungicide Question
    #16488935 - 07/06/12 06:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yesterday I started soaking some bird seed to PC today. It wasn't till after they had soaked that I realized i needed to still prep the lids (contamed jars, wanted to replace filters) so I let them sit the whole day in the pot with no water. The lids had to cure. Obviously (:facepalm:) the seed germinated making them useless but that got me wondering. Can you stall WBS if something happens and you can't PC them right away? Like could you load them into jars and stick them in the frig?

So I'm prepping more seed again. I'm also going to give this rye I got, a shot. I couldn't cancel the order and I only found out it had fungicides after the fact so there's not much I can do about that. Surprisingly enough, the company contacted the farmers and actually got me the whole list of chems they used on the crops.

They used some pesticides, hydrates, and 2 fungicides.
The fungicides in question are:
Kresoxim-methyl (aka Cygnus, BAS490)
Iminoctadine Triacetate, a derivative of Iminoctadine which is an aliphatic nitrogen fungicide.

Is it likely these 2 seeped into the seed and make/made it unusable for cultivating? Or is it likely possible to wash it off if rinsed well enough?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblex CiVil x

Loc: Flying With Mother Nature
Re: Stalling soaked WBS? + Fungicide Question [Re: Shinjiro04]
    #16488947 - 07/06/12 06:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just lost like 30 jar's because of this. I'd love to know. Great post!

--------------------
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee

myco-tek.org

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Stalling soaked WBS? + Fungicide Question [Re: x CiVil x]
    #16488982 - 07/06/12 06:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Bird seed is the way to go.... Rye is to expensive to use for cultivation, especially the stuff from a 'organic' store.... unless you're rich of course.

I wouldn't use grain thats been treated with fungicides, no point in risking it, but seeing as you've already bought and payed for it the only option you have open is to prepare one or two test jars and try it out.

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Stalling soaked WBS? + Fungicide Question [Re: HybridprX]
    #16488983 - 07/06/12 06:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Shijiro is in Japan, he has limited choices.

Rye grain is the easiest to get right. Organic rye, at any cost, would be a good choice.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds