Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat?
    #16467195 - 07/01/12 07:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My workout life pretty much consists of wild cycles, where I'll go a couple/few months at a time bulking up, and get REALLY big, gain a lot of muscle, have a lot of strength, etc., but also gain a lot of body fat, love handles, a belly, etc.

Then, I'll begin a toning phase where I try to burn fat, and succeed but in doing so I'll lose a crapton of muscle and become really scrawny.

I could actually probably be a pretty good powerlifter if school and work didn't get in the way and I got enough sleep, food, and time to dedicate to it, because I gain a lot of muscle pretty quickly in my bulking phase.

But I'm tired of going through these huge transformative cycles.  I want to gain a lot of muscle, then cut down and keep my muscle at the same time.  How can I do this?  Any tips?

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #16467229 - 07/01/12 07:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well its not easy or everyone would be walkin around looking real good....First you bulk to where you want to be at weight wise more or less and to where you are content with your lifts. Then you continue to try and lift the same while slowly starting to ramp up cardio while altering your diet as needed. You have to eat lean foods there is no way around that with as little fat as possible besides healthy fats if you want to be muscular and have low body fat percentage. Also you daily caloric requirements needs to be in check to few calories and ull start to lose muscle too much and u gain fat...its a delicate balance.

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Cunti, Angola
Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: tdubz]
    #16494021 - 07/07/12 06:14 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Its really simple. All you need is a training style which is PROGRESSIVE, CONSISTENCY and most importantly.. PATIENCE.

Building real muscle takes years and years and years. Thats the reality, but as long as you are being progressive in your lifts, you will get a little stronger each and every month. Be consistent and year after year you will transform. But even in the first and second years you will notice quite a difference.

Forget about the bulking phase bullshit, people who do that often just over-eat and just get fat which is what happened to you, you didn't build much muscle at all, you just put on fat then the excess carbs/sodium would have caused more glycogen/water retention in whatever muscle you had making them look fuller. So when you stripped off the fat, you just found you looked scrawny again lol.

Patience young grasshopper :P Just be progressive, consistent and patient. Eat what's adequate to fuel your body and the results will come. Train fucken hard and make sure you keep on moving forward, even if its baby steps, it will all add up. Rome wasn't built in a day and it really isn't rocket science. In fact, its really fucken simple its not funny, people just get confused by the excessive amounts of information out there on the net that they forget how basic it really is. I'll say it again - progression, Consistency and patience. Thats the "magic formula" right there.

--------------------
Through the Spintrinfinty of the all Tremongstanooloop, we realise that infinity may after all amount to nothing... space merely being an illusion.

Edited by Kamoopstinoops (07/07/12 06:30 AM)

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: Kamoopstinoops]
    #16494036 - 07/07/12 06:28 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Also wanted to add that once you build a solid muscular base, you don't just lose it all lol, unless you stop training completely. Stop going through this major fluctuation in bulking and cutting, its just gonna make your job a fuckload harder. I've been there done that and always struggled to get into shape even when I had built a fair bit of muscle.

In my many years experience, and experience training others, its better to get lean first. Get to where you can see your abs, then focus on just training progressively while not putting on too much bodyfat and staying lean. Trust me, its much easier to do it that way than this bulk and cut bullshit. And you'll look much better and notice your gains a lot more. You just look more muscular and vascular when you're lean as opposed to having layers of bodyfat. You don't have to get fat to build muscle, many have that mentality and just end up fat. After many years training, it wasn't until I dedicated myself to getting lean and staying lean that I started making the best progress, even with powerlifting which I'm competing in now. A lot of the greatest powerlifters are fat but not all of them, the fat ones just couldn't give a rats ass about their diets lol.

--------------------
Through the Spintrinfinty of the all Tremongstanooloop, we realise that infinity may after all amount to nothing... space merely being an illusion.

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
    #16494801 - 07/07/12 11:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man but when I was in that bulking phase, I got a lot stronger, and my lifts improved a lot.  So I don't think it was all fat and sodium retention.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

#16496707 - 07/07/12 08:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

No it wouldn't have been ALL fat, but if you say you lost it all when you cut back down, then it was by far mostly fat. REAL muscle doesn't just go away lol, you may lose a "little" strength when you cut but not much, sometimes you even keep getting stronger if you're not that advanced at lifting.

Another possibility is that you just didn't lift or lift as much when you cut... or your "bulking phase" was a steroid cycle lol.

Remember as well that for an effective cut, your weight training regimen should stay the same as what gave you the gains in the first place because THATs what gave you the muscle and will keep it there..

--------------------

Invisiblepsychotropicwhale
Cetacean

#16496734 - 07/07/12 08:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat?

Lean Gains

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: psychotropicwhale]
    #16496813 - 07/07/12 08:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly there is not one answer anyone can give you that will 100% allow you achieve your goals. Every human has a different body type and metabolism. The only thing you can do is research facts that have helped people before you.

I would suggest reading the essentials of strength training and conditioning volume 3. If you are serious about your goals than this book could very well give you the knowledge to meet your true potential. It consists of subjects like periodization, anatomy, physiology, body types, intensity and volume and so much more!

Cycling like you are doing is the only way to do it really. If you dont cycle or make some kind of changes you will become stale. I would continue to cycle and try to find a happy medium somewhere. Maybe try some strict hypertrophy workouts?

If you are looking for a simplified version of the essentials of strength training and conditioning then you should buy the new rules of lifting.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (07/11/12 06:33 PM)

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: XUL]
    #16497281 - 07/07/12 10:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said: Honestly there is not answer anyone can give you that will 100% allow you achieve your goals. Every human has a different body type and metabolism. The only thing you can do is research facts that have helped people before you.

I would suggest reading the essentials of strength training and conditioning volume 3. If you are serious about your goals this book will give you the knowledge to meet your true potential. It consists of subjects like periodization, anatomy, physiology, body types, intensity and volume and so much more!

Cycling like you are doing is the only way to do it really. If you dont cycle or make some kind of changes you will become stale. I would continue to cycle and try to find a happy medium somewhere. Maybe try some strict hypertrophy workouts?

If you are looking for a simplified version of the essentials of strength training and conditioning then you should buy the new rules of lifting.

My answer will allow him to achieve his goal. Lmao, gotta love the information age and how it complicates something so so simple. Getting muscular and lean is very very simple, not easy but very simple.

1. Progressive training. Even if you progress in baby steps it will add up. Also no need to eat precise macronutrients unless you're looking to get into precise conditioning and precise body-composition for example, a bodybuilding competition. No need to count cals or protein, just eat clean and adequate for what you're doing activity wise, your body will tell you this, LISTEN TO IT! Eat lots of veggies and don't over-eat in an attempt to "bulk", that won't really work anyway unless you're using steroids to utilise the extra nutrients, in which case you'll be hungrier anyway.

2. Consistency, just gotta keep on doing it. Its a LIFESTYLE, not something you just do for a while when you feel like getting into shape and stopping, it don't work like that. The way your body looks represents how you've been using it over the years, simple. Also wanted to make a point about all this "muscle confusion" bullshit that seems to be all the rage with noobs these days. People talk about preventing becoming stale... HA! I'm willing to bet my left nut that most of these people don't even know what being stale is, reaching TRUE plateaus. Its best to find a routine that works and stick to it as a base for your entire training life or a good chunk of it at least. Sure, you don't do the EXACT same routine forever you use it as a base in which to progress. Don't be hopping from one routine to another all the time, its not "confusing" the muscle that will make it grow, its getting stronger at the exercise which targets it that will make it grow.

3. Patience. Results will come, too many people are too focused on their desired end result that when they don't see dramatic transformations in a few months, they give up or they do something drastic like ridiculously over-eat in an attempt to bulk and/or turn to steroids. Just be happy with the little benefits you get along the way, getting that little bit stronger each month, feeling better from having somewhere to put life's stresses. Your body WILL change, it just takes TIME. How long comes down to your body type and genetics. Building muscle takes years and years and years, I didn't start getting called a "big guy" until after about 4-5 years of consistent hard training. Cutting up on the other hand is quicker but building muscle takes time.

Very very simple, those 3 steps are all you need. Thats the basis, once you have this down its just a matter of troubleshooting small details here and there to make things more optimal. Now put your books down and just get to work. Thats whats gonna give you results - DOING IT! Not reading lol. Anyone ever notice that those in the best shape don't know half as much as the "fitness geeks"? So put away your wallet, forget about those supps, forget about fancy training devices and routines. Just train like an animal, be progressive and get the fucken job done.

--------------------

Offlinecrkhd
☾☼☽

Loc: A human sphere enfolding ...
    #16498261 - 07/08/12 06:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly what Kamoopstinoops said.

I think where you're going wrong OP is consistency. Great quote: Strength training is not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Also what it sounds like is you're bulking on a huge excess of calories. Then you get fat and think "I need to get rid of this crap". So then you cut on a huge deficit thereby losing all your work. The key is to keep the surplus low and the deficit low. You need 'just enough'.

Cutting too fast is totally useless. Bulking too fast has its benefits as you can see but as you increase the surplus the ratio of fat:muscle gain beings to tip too heavily in favour of fat. This is a clear cut case of slow and steady wins the race. You didn't pop out of the womb and hit 6ft tall overnight, remember that.

--------------------

"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: crkhd]
    #16498824 - 07/08/12 10:16 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

My answer will allow him to achieve his goal. Lmao, gotta love the information age and how it complicates something so so simple. Getting muscular and lean is very very simple, not easy but very simple.

I disagree. Its not so simple for everyone. For example...

An ectomorphic man goes to a body building competition and looks upon a man like Arnold Schwarzenegger. The man may or may not be able to achieve the muscles arnold Schwarzenegger did. Reason being because we all have a genetic potential.

Another factor besides genetics is long term adaptations. (just an example) If a 25 year old ectomorphic man at 6'2 135 lbs spent 18 years of his life running and swimming then his body has definitely adapted to using type 1 fibers. When the 25 year old decides to weight lift for power/strength they should keep in mind that lifting involves type 2 fibers. The transition wont be easy and they probably will never rival arnold Schwarzenegger. BUT that is not to say that he can not make amazing progress!!

Quote:

Very very simple, those 3 steps are all you need. Thats the basis, once you have this down its just a matter of troubleshooting small details here and there to make things more optimal. Now put your books down and just get to work. Thats whats gonna give you results - DOING IT! Not reading lol. Anyone ever notice that those in the best shape don't know half as much as the "fitness geeks"? So put away your wallet, forget about those supps, forget about fancy training devices and routines. Just train like an animal, be progressive and get the fucken job done.

I think this statement is a prejudice and in my opinion is not the best route to take.

To limit yourself to only those three steps would be to ignore the entire human experience, which by trial and error, research, documentation, and experimentation brought about the most elite athletes this modern world has ever seen. For example, the NSCA (national strength and conditioning association) releases a monthly research journal, which consists of mostly collegiate exercise experiments that pertain to all levels of athletes. Such as this one..

Quote:

Sato, Kimitake, and Gary D. Heise. "Influence of Weight Distribution Asymmetry on the Biomechanics of a Barbell Back Squat." the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 26.2 (2012): 342-349. Print.

The purpose of this study was to find the influence of Weight Distribution (WtD) asymmetry on the biomechanics of a barbell back squat. The subjects included two groups of 14 trained lifters. They performed the barbell back squat with 2 resistance levels (60 and 75% of their 1RM) to measure vertical ground reaction force (GRF), tilting, and rotational angular bar displacements. A symmetry index (SI) score of the vertical GRF and the 2 bar displacements were examined to identify the group difference. Results showed that the unequal WtD group displayed a higher vertical GRF SI score and a greater degrees of the tilting and rotational angular bar displacements. The 2 resistances did not influence the magnitude of the dependent variables.

In my opinion a serious athlete (lifter) should be acutely aware of today's exercise science/physiology. It is extremely useful in so many ways. Today's best coaches all utilize exercise science/physiology. Here is an example!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15270068#15270068

The idea is to know what is happening to the human body during exercise and then to utilize that knowledge to help you during your lift. And here is an example...

If you are lifting for hobby then follow Kamoonstinoops 3 rule advice. If you are a serious lifter then I would recommend investigating exercise and physiology as it will benefit your nutrition, progress, understanding, and more. Just be sure to research in the right places! I have mentioned before that the National Strength and Conditioning Association is a great place! They have a great text book on the essentials of strength training and conditioning as well as forums, monthly researching journals including collegiate studies, and they host conferences that you can attend! The NSCA also has strong ties with many universities and their exercise science/physiology programs. For example...

http://www4.esu.edu/academics/majors2/programs/exercise_science/exercise_science.cfm

Quote:

East Stroudsburg University has a distinguished history in Exercise Science. The Department of Exercise Science offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and has received endorsement by both the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).

Cheers! Good luck!:cheers:

P.S.

Quote:

Anyone ever notice that those in the best shape don't know half as much as the "fitness geeks"?

Kamoonstinoops, just to show you an example of how wrong you are....

Mark Rippetoe is a national-level, American strength training coach and author. He is one of the few strength athletics authorities to publish both peer-reviewed articles as well as books for the lay population. Unlike most strength and conditioning academics, he has several decades of practical application as an elite-level strength coach, former competitive powerlifter, and a current gym owner.

He was a part of the charter group of individuals to receive the CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) certification when it was first offered by the NSCA ([National Strength and Conditioning Association www.nsca-cc.org]) in 1985. He formally relinquished the credential in 2009.

He has been associated, in varying degrees of formality, with the CrossFit movement since 2006.[6] He authored many training articles for the CrossFit Journal and created the Basic Barbell Certification course, which he conducted from 2006 to 2009. He expanded this course into a three-day Starting Strength Seminar produced through the Aasgaard Company in 2010.

He is also known for his particularly brash teaching style, humor, and libertarian leanings,[10] prompting several online compilations of his attributed quotations.

:shrug:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (07/08/12 10:39 AM)

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

#16500065 - 07/08/12 06:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, look how much you complicate things haha.

The OP just wants to get muscular and lean, not be an elite powerlifter lol. I'm in fact about to compete in my first powerlifting meet (after bodybuilding for several years) and am quite aware of Mark Rippetoe's teachings. Aiming to pull off a 230kg squat, 140kg bench and 260kg deadlift @  between 85 - 90kg bodyweight but aiming to be as light as possible for the meet. Doing it natural although I admit I'm not a lifetime drugfree lifter and used to be much stronger and have experimented with steroids in the past, but that adds to my credentials more as I know how to get results both on and off anabolics. I choose to be drug free now for health and fertility reasons.

But OP wants to get muscular and lean, and that is a very simple thing to do, it just takes time. I've always been a geek myself reading everything under the sun while I was surrounded by people in the gym who got into incredible shape without really giving a fuck about all this scientific bullshit. Now I'm all about practicality, simplicity and being realistic about expectations rather than chucking a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo at people.

I'm just pointing out how basic building muscle and getting lean is. Not easy, but basic. Progressive training (with sensible nutrition), consistency and patience. You are trying to throw a million other things into the pot when for the best results you just gotta get in there and train insane.

Out of curiosity XUL, what sort of shape are you in? Are YOU muscular and lean? :smirk:

Not disregarding you completely though, you do raise some valid yet off topic points but you're just going way off track with something so simple. OP aint gonna get results from chasing his tail lol, he's gotta get in there and get the ball rolling.

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

#16500453 - 07/08/12 07:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wow, look how much you complicate things haha.

Its not that complicated for anybody with a highschool education.

Quote:

But OP wants to get muscular and lean, and that is a very simple thing to do

Not for everybody. It does not come so easy for lots of people including myself. Without research I would have never got where I am today.

Quote:

Now I'm all about practicality, simplicity and being realistic about expectations rather than chucking a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo at people.

Really, ts not mumbo jumbo. Exercise science consists of more than calculating mechanical advantages and evaluating our neuromuscular systems. It also incorporates things that are extremely important for every athlete such as periodization. Actually periodization is probably one of the keys to OP's problem. He may need to tweak his cycle in order to meet his own personal goals.

Quote:

you just gotta get in there and train insane.

To me that does not sound like very well thought out advice. It sounds random and lacks any direction. OP can already push himself. In my opinion he needs a well thought out and periodized workout. Maybe even a macrocycle.

I have been lifting for years. I recently graduated from navy boot and now I am training to be a fleet marine force combat medic, which is essentially the medic for the marines. After I finish EMT classes and nursing then I ship to north carolina or california for 2 months of field medical training battalion.

"Training to become an HM-8404 FMF Hospital Corpsman (Field Medical Service Technician) begins at Camp Lejeune, (FTMB - East) Jacksonville, North Carolina, or at Camp Pendleton, (FTMB - West) Oceanside, California, also known as FMTB - Field Medical Training Battalion. Each student is issued a MARPAT camouflage uniform to be worn throughout their training. Training is similar to basic training for the United States Marine Corps. Students must pass physical fitness test (PFT), and are required to practice giving IV's and other forms of medication to each other in the field. They train daily in all weather conditions, and must learn how to disassemble, clean, and reassemble their rifles. Any sailors not meeting the requirements to pass will be dropped from the program."

In the navy we call it going green and here is a brief preview!

I am excited for the training although I am a little apprehensive about the inevitable combat that I will see.

Currently I am doing Navy PT as well as a strength routine involving wave loading.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

#16500638 - 07/08/12 08:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm just talking from real world experience, simple as that.

Okay some fancy credentials you got there... but are YOU muscular and lean? aka have a six pack with decent muscle mass? That's what the OP's after.

Quote:

XUL said: I disagree. Its not so simple for everyone. For example...

Um... yes it is lol. Thats what I'm trying to point out, yet you keep going in this circular manner about random bookworm shit.

Okay I'll pull you up on some things: Do you know the difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting? The OP is looking to get "muscular and lean" which falls under bodybuilding. Yet you went on to ramble about powerlifting shit and Mark Rippetoe lmao. It sounds like you're just regurgitating info you've read, anybody can do that. But have you been there and done it? I can see you have some credentials and I have no doubt you're fit. But the OP's has specific body composition goals, yet your advice is all over the place.

Hows about this? It comes down to who has the physique to back up what they're saying. Who would you take advice from? Someone who's in the shape you're after or someone who can spout a bunch of scientific stuff. The scientific stuff holds merit, don't get me wrong, but what experience do you have applying it to the real world? But even still, a lot of it is going overboard when all you're doing is something as simple as growing muscle and losing fat.

So lets cut the bullshit, you and I take pics of our physiques holding a piece of paper with "Shroomery" and our user names, handwritten to show its really us and recent pics from now. Then OP can decide what he wants to do... Deal? :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Kamoopstinoops (07/08/12 08:13 PM)

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

#16500758 - 07/08/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Okay I'll pull you up on some things: Do you know the difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting?

\

Yes. One difference is the intensities and volumes. Body builders tend to follow hypertrophy programs with shorter rest periods and lesser intensities than that of a power lifter but often more volume. Either way most body builders will use strength/power routines at some point because they have to have some mass in order to compete.

Quote:

Okay some fancy credentials you got there... but are YOU muscular and lean? aka have a six pack with decent muscle mass?

I am in pretty good shape with a visible 6 pack. I like to keep a bit of fat on my body though. I have a thin face and keeping some fat fills out my face pretty well. I used to be really sickly thin so having some fat on my body is a sort of blessing!

Quote:

The OP is looking to get "muscular and lean" which falls under bodybuilding. Yet you went on to ramble about powerlifting shit and Mark Rippetoe lmao. It sounds like you're just regurgitating info you've read, anybody can do that. But have you been there and done it? I can see you have some credentials and I have no doubt you're fit. But the OP's has specific body composition goals, yet your advice is all over the place.

OP obviously wants some mass. He has the right idea to cycle. I believe he just needs to find the right amount of cutting for his body type. The 3 somatotypes are ectomorphic (often tall and skiny), mesomorphic (naturally muscular, medium build), and endomorphic (and the fatter one!). The different somatotypes require different diets, workout plans, etc...

Quote:

But have you been there and done it?

I once weighed 135 pounds at 6'2. I made it to 200 pounds of mostly muscle. Now I am 185.

Quote:

The scientific stuff holds merit, don't get me wrong, but what experience do you have applying it to the real world?

I helped a thicker woman lose 15 pounds. I gained tons of mass myself. :shrug:

Quote:

So lets cut the bullshit, you and I take pics of our physiques holding a piece of paper with "Shroomery" and our user names, handwritten to show its really us and recent pics from now. Then OP can decide what he wants to do... Deal

I just got out of bootcamp a month ago and now I am in texas with minimal belongings. I do not have a camera.

You dont have to measure yourself against me. If it makes you feel better just close out the screen and tell yourself that you won this little "debate". Tell the world I say!

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (07/08/12 08:37 PM)

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

#16502204 - 07/09/12 01:28 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Haha, don't mind me I'm just an extremely competitive bastard by nature lol :tongue: But I know I'm right and am 150% confident about myself especially in the area of this shit. I've been in the game a long time, read everything but have learned most things you read are subjective, way too many people go against all the scientific literature that I now  take a more practical approach. At the end of the day, its an individual's own journey to get to know their own bodies.

A lot of info that you would read in the end winds up supporting supplement companies creating a perceived need for supps. The bulk and cut concept does this and makes a lot of people fat, creating a whole lot of demand for fat-loss products etc. A lot of really experienced competitive bodybuilders these days just stay lean all year round which makes contest prep much easier. Sure you wouldn't stay in contest shape all year round but now need to go on extreme cyclical bulk and cuts like what OP is obviously doing... which YOU support. I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

Plus in re to the diff between bodybuilding and powerlifting is that in bodybuilding, the weight you lift doesn't matter as much as form. Your goal as a bodybuilder is to stimulate the muscle as much as possible using mind-muscle connection. Too heavy and you won't stimulate the muscle as much. Powerlifting is just about lifting the weight from point A to point B. Lets look at bench press... A bodybuilder would get the best results by using a weight they can control, allowing full contraction  at the top and a full stretch at the bottom. Sometimes its ideal to even restrict the range of motion for maximum stimulation (aka half squats... blasphemy in powerlifting haha) You can more effectively target the chest stimulating more growth using 2 plates as opposed to 3. Even utilising half reps to keep the tension in a weak area.

But WHATEVER your goals and this goes back full circle to what I was saying earlier... PROGRESSION, CONSISTENCY and PATIENCE is all you need. I DID mention that it can be fine tuned from there but those 3 steps is all you need as a basis. SIMPLE. Why you even argued with that is beyond me and just presents a complete lack of experience on your behalf. Sorry to say but its the truth lol. All you've done is spout a bunch of textbook shit, but there is no practicality in your advice that will help the OP in what he wants. I know because I would have made the exact same posts as you back when I was inexperienced and just read a lot of shit. Now years later, I'm talking from experience transforming myself, others, and being just being in the scene a long time.

Plus you don't have a camera? Excuses excuses lol, everyone has access to a camera this day and age haha. But I won't hold that against ya :grin:

All this aside, I'm sure you're a good bloke and I'd eat some shrooms with ya lol, so hope it doesn't seem like a personal attack lol, just telling it how it is. I'm also not the type to sugar coat shit, a lot of people don't like me because of my bluntness and people get offended, but fuck I speak my mind anyways.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #16504951 - 07/09/12 05:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys:  how good are Beans for your workout-era diet?  I just realized the other day that they're extremely lean ---- like 0 fat calories out of 90 (per serving).

I know some fat is necessary, and good fats are needed.  But this seems like something I definitely need to incorporate more into my food consumption.

tips?  knowledge on the beans?

OfflineKamoopstinoops
Reality is my BITCH!!!
 User Gallery

Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: memes]
    #16506183 - 07/09/12 08:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

meams said:
Hey guys:  how good are Beans for your workout-era diet?  I just realized the other day that they're extremely lean ---- like 0 fat calories out of 90 (per serving).

I know some fat is necessary, and good fats are needed.  But this seems like something I definitely need to incorporate more into my food consumption.

tips?  knowledge on the beans?

Nothing wrong with beans lol :grin:

--------------------

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #16508964 - 07/10/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Don't eat grains.  Don't eat starchy carbs except after exercise.

Eat the majority of your calories from animals foods (LOTS of fat).  Eat lots of veggies and fruits also.

If you burn fat as your main calorie source, your body will burn your fat stores easier.

Train fasted.  Train Hard.  Kettlebells and deadlifts.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Re: How can I have high muscle mass and low body fat? [Re: Cannashroom]
    #16510984 - 07/10/12 06:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

how good are Beans for your workout-era diet?

They are actually considered incomplete proteins, which lack the range of essential amino acids that are needed to adequately support our biological functions. This means that beans would not be the most viable source of sustenance. Complete proteins are things like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, etc.

Even though beans lack complete proteins they are still nutritious! I love beans!

Quote:

A lot of info that you would read in the end winds up supporting supplement companies creating a perceived need for supps

If a person can attain enough protein to fuel desired levels of muscle then why take a supplement? Though, I personally do not like to eat chicken breasts all day like a barbarian, which is why protein powder comes in handy.

Quote:

fat-loss products

They are stratagems used to make money. Useless.

Quote:

now need to go on extreme cyclical bulk and cuts like what OP is obviously doing

The only extreme required is that which provides the desired results. Its as simple as that.

Quote:

Plus in re to the diff between bodybuilding and powerlifting is that in bodybuilding, the weight you lift doesn't matter as much as form. Your goal as a bodybuilder is to stimulate the muscle as much as possible using mind-muscle connection. Too heavy and you won't stimulate the muscle as much. Powerlifting is just about lifting the weight from point A to point B. Lets look at bench press... A bodybuilder would get the best results by using a weight they can control, allowing full contraction  at the top and a full stretch at the bottom. Sometimes its ideal to even restrict the range of motion for maximum stimulation (aka half squats... blasphemy in powerlifting haha) You can more effectively target the chest stimulating more growth using 2 plates as opposed to 3. Even utilizing half reps to keep the tension in a weak area.

This response is so opinionated that I can barely even find the inclination to write a response.

Powerlifting focused on form. Power, strength, hypertrophy, and endurance training each compliment each other and all require excellent form in order to prevent injury and achieve results.

Quote:

mind-muscle connection

Do you mean the neurological system or are we just talking about plain old concentration? The neurological system plays a giant role in any kind of training including power, hypertrophy, or even aerobic.

Quote:

Sometimes its ideal to even restrict the range of motion for maximum stimulation. blasphemy in powerlifting haha

Also used in power and strength training. Heavy rack lifts or quarter squats are used to prepare the central nervous system for greater loads in upcoming routines.

Quote:

but there is no practicality in your advice that will help the OP in what he wants

Some would disagree.

Quote:

All this aside, I'm sure you're a good bloke and I'd eat some shrooms with ya lol, so hope it doesn't seem like a personal attack

Its all good. I just like to discuss fitness.

Quote:

150% confident about myself especially in the area of this shit

A person who is too confident lacks the ability to admit that he is ever in the wrong.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (07/10/12 08:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order