Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) * 1
    #16413079 - 06/21/12 07:52 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/364865/

18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose

EAST GRAND FORKS, Minn. – What began as a drug-filled night for five teenage friends here has now led to a murder charge for one and the death of another from what appears to be an overdose.

On Wednesday, Polk County prosecutors charged Adam Taft Budge, an 18-year-old from East Grand Forks, with murder in the third degree, second-degree manslaughter, selling a controlled substance to a juvenile and selling a controlled substance.

Taft said he had meant to buy some marijuana when he went to visit his dealer a couple of weeks ago, but he ended up paying $100 for a white powder he thought was an extract of hallucinogenic mushrooms, according to the court complaint filed Wednesday.

Police say it was that white powder that killed his friend Elijah Stai, a 17-year-old from Park Rapids, Minn., six days ago.

Witnesses told police Stai was “shaking, growling, foaming at the mouth” and he “started to smash his head against the ground,” acting as if “possessed.”

Budge declared that it was just a “bad trip,” and he had seen it before. In fact, he had overdosed in April and had to be taken to Altru Hospital, the complaint said.

Stai ultimately passed out, never to wake again. He was taken off life support at 9:05 p.m. Friday at the same hospital.

If Budge is convicted of murder, the most serious charge, he could face up to 25 years in prison and a $40,000 fine.

The tragic series of events started the night of June 12, just before 10 p.m.

Budge, Stai and his foster brother Justin Rippentrop were at Budge’s home, mixing the white powder with melted chocolate, according to the complaint. Later, they would eat the drug-laced candy before going out to pick up two girls police identified as “C.K.” and “J.E.S.” because they are minors. J.E.S. was identified as Budge’s girlfriend.

Budge’s father, Richard Taft Budge II, was at home at the time. After the three teens left, his son called and asked him to let J.E.S.’s mother, Peggy Stai, know that he would be home and that the five could hang out there. The elder Budge did so.

In the meantime, the complaint said, the teens had gone to McDonald’s, where Stai said he didn’t feel good. By the time they got their food and got home at around 11 p.m., Stai was “freaking out.”

This was when he began acting as if possessed. His breathing and heart rate were “extremely fast.” The boys eventually took him to a bed. Budge placed a wet towel to cool him down.

Richard Budge told police that, upon returning, his son and Rippentrop told him that Stai was on a “bad trip” and that he just needed a place to “come down.”

After checking on Stai several times, he sent Peggy Stai a text message telling her that Stai was very tense and hyperventilating at times but then calmed down. He mentioned C.K. may have ingested the drug as well. Rippentrop later said the girls didn’t consume the drug.

Around 11:45 p.m., Peggy Stai replied to the text message, saying she was coming to pick up the two girls. Richard Budge checked on Elijah Stai again and found him in a catatonic state. Using his iPad, Budge looked up information about mushroom overdoses. He figured it was not fatal but wanted to take Stai to the hospital.

Adam Budge said he was only having a “bad trip” and would sleep it off, so the two left the room; he would check in on Stai occasionally. Richard Budge then went to bed.

By around 1:30 a.m., Adam Budge realized Stai was no longer breathing. Soon Richard Budge had called 911 and, along with his son, peformed CPR on Stai while Rippentrop waited in the driveway.

Police recovered a small baggie containing chocolate from Stai’s pocket and Adam Budge gave police an empty baggie labeled “25iNBOMe,” which were sent to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Forensic scientist Amy Granlund identified that the psychedelic substance was indeed “25i-NBMOe,” otherwise known as 2C-I.

In the bedroom where Stai was, police found a marijuana one-hitter, an empty bottle of malt liqor, an empty bottle of rum and two prescription pill bottles with J.E.S.’s name on them.

Prosecutors charged Budge with third-degree murder because he caused Stai’s death, though he did not intend to, by giving him a drug, according to the complaint.

He is charged with second-degree manslaughter because “he created an unreasonable risk and consciously took the chance of causing death or great bodily harm to another,” the complaint said. The maximum penalty is 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.

The charge of selling a controlled substance to a juvenile carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The charge of selling a controlled substance carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $100,000 fine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: dwpineal]
    #16413111 - 06/21/12 08:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

otherwise known as 2c-i? what fucking idiots.

why don't we charge every liquor store and convenience store with murder everytime some moron kills themselves wih alcohol? sounds like the kid may have been misrepresenting the drug though

Offlineklondike_bar
Trekker
Male User Gallery

Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16413127 - 06/21/12 08:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

whats with the bit about the selling a controlled substance? at best its an analogue to 2C-I (is 2ci controlled in the states now?)

also, would be nice to know the quantities. a $100 bag of the stuff that was empty in the end couldve been anything from 10-1000mg of powder in a variety of forms.

also, they ATE it? I thought it wasnt orally active, particularly in powder form which inicates either HCL salt or freebase.

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: klondike_bar]
    #16413135 - 06/21/12 08:11 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

thats unfortunate for everyone involved. its a shame, if they had actuallly got powdered mushrooms like they thought that kid would be fine right now.  :nonono:

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

InvisibleJvells
Unity
 User Gallery

Loc: East coast Flag
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: dwpineal]
    #16413165 - 06/21/12 08:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

:frown: don't get how they all got the chem into their bloodstream though because 25i isn't orally active and they mixed it with chocolate. I suppose they could let the chocolate sit in their mouths for 30 mins. That and if it was synthetic mushrooms they would have all just ate the powder i'm pretty sure. Maybe just talking out of their asses ha.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16413181 - 06/21/12 08:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
why don't we charge every liquor store and convenience store with murder

Bartenders can be charged for letting people drive drunk.
And drug dealers who kill somebody with their product have been charged with murder for years.
It might not be fair but it's the way things are.

Dunno what's going on in the underlying story though.
Maybe it was 2c-I that they had? Or zombie powder?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Edited by Doc_T (06/21/12 09:57 AM)

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: Doc_T]
    #16413204 - 06/21/12 08:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:

And drug dealers who kill somebody with their product have been charged with murder for years.
It might not be fair but it's the way things are.

i know this, but plenty of people OD on alcohol but the only ones they blame are the morons themselves. but when it comes to drugs, the victim is never to blame :rolleyes: anyways, idk if this batch was misrepresented as psilcybin extract... but nobody should be selling noobs 25i in powdered form. for those saying it's not orally active, im sure if you took 100 dollars worth some would slip under your tongue or something of the sort. or it would become active at that point. idk

InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mid South Flag
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: Doc_T]
    #16413232 - 06/21/12 08:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

oops forgot what i was going to say LOL

--------------------

Any advice, or comments I make are merely opinions, past experiences or completely fabricated fictitious stories. I'm not a doctor, or professional. If you read something I post and use it as motivation or an excuse to commit an illegal act, your doing so at your own risk! Be safe, use common sense.

Edited by Lucid Dreaming (06/21/12 10:02 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: Lucid Dreaming]
    #16413306 - 06/21/12 09:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, I have no idea what it was or what possible reactions might be.
There was mention of 'synthetic mushrooms'. Could have been utter BS, none of us knows.
Could be zombie powder. I dunno.

--------------------

Edited by Doc_T (06/21/12 09:57 AM)

InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast

#16413453 - 06/21/12 09:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Off topic

--------------------

Any advice, or comments I make are merely opinions, past experiences or completely fabricated fictitious stories. I'm not a doctor, or professional. If you read something I post and use it as motivation or an excuse to commit an illegal act, your doing so at your own risk! Be safe, use common sense.

Edited by Lucid Dreaming (06/21/12 10:03 AM)

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) *DELETED* [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16413477 - 06/21/12 09:45 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by uber_aj

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by uber_aj (06/21/12 09:49 AM)

OfflineTheEskimoMan891
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA,
    #16413538 - 06/21/12 10:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I was just about to say that Uber. I would have given you a rating for being on the ball but I'm not old enough yet :crazy:
The article clearly says that a forensic scientist identified the substance as 25i-NBMOe
READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE BEFORE POSTING!!!

Especially considering these threads will eventually become archives for future 18 year old kids to look up on their iPad when they think they're friend is just having a bad trip on psilocybin or psilocin extract.

Please do not let speculative information be confused for fact.

--------------------
“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives... and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”  - GONZO

Offline3Cajun1Mo8
Fung Padawan
Male

Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: uber_aj]
    #16413539 - 06/21/12 10:02 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

People can be allergic to anything right? maybe this kid was the 1 in a million that happened to be allergic to 25i?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: 3Cajun1Mo8]
    #16413547 - 06/21/12 10:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

3Cajun1Mo8 said:
People can be allergic to anything right?

Not really, it's usually just proteins that trigger allergies, and usually after repeated exposure.
Not saying it's impossible though.

--------------------

InvisibleLucid Dreaming
Enthusiast

Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: 3Cajun1Mo8]
    #16413568 - 06/21/12 10:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

3Cajun1Mo8 said:
People can be allergic to anything right? maybe this kid was the 1 in a million that happened to be allergic to 25i?

This is not the only report going around about bad things happening to those who ingest 251. I am waiting for a toxicology report to be posted on another open case right now that may be regarding this drug.  I have seen in articles say that the 25i compounds are also called 2c-i, so this leads me to believe that even another case where someone od on 2c-e was actually 25i. This is of course speculation until the tests come back.

--------------------

Edited by Lucid Dreaming (06/21/12 10:11 AM)

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
    #16413604 - 06/21/12 10:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JacksonMetaller said:
otherwise known as 2c-i? what fucking idiots.

why don't we charge every liquor store and convenience store with murder everytime some moron kills themselves wih alcohol? sounds like the kid may have been misrepresenting the drug though

the ppl at the liquor store are selling legal, regulated alcohol, not a research chem...

thats like charging mcdonalds with murder because some guy ate to many big macs and had a heart attack....

take responsibility for your own actions, if you dont know wtf kind of drug it is, dont put it in your body...

simple...

--------------------

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: wortiesbo] * 1
    #16413869 - 06/21/12 11:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 11:31 PM)

Offlinemazaloto

#16413873 - 06/21/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

3Cajun1Mo8 said:
People can be allergic to anything right?

Not really, it's usually just proteins that trigger allergies, and usually after repeated exposure.
Not saying it's impossible though.

Wrong, drugs are well known for inducing allergy and severe autoimmune reactions. Its not impossible for the 25i to expose some 5HT2A polymorphic epitope and trigger autoimmune serotonin syndrome. I suspect 25i gets converted into 2ci once ingested.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
    #16413987 - 06/21/12 11:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like he had a seizure. People need to stop taking and selling all RC's, period. Stupid ass kids

OfflineCyrusthegreat
Stranger

Re: 18-year-old charged with murder after Park Rapids teen dies from drug overdose (25i-NBOMe) [Re: John Nada]
    #16414389 - 06/21/12 01:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

there is nothing dumber than an american teenager! They tend to overdose on anything.They dont do reaseach,are impatient,and impulsive.Because of things like this.25i and others stuff are going to be banned ASAP.25i is not a subsitute for LSD and so easy to OD. I think this kid took waaaay to much and had seizure and later profound CNS depression and died.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies