Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTrypppy
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

collapsed at a party (couldn’t see or hear shit)
    #16407878 - 06/20/12 08:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So last night at like 3am this party I was at was cooling down and there about 6 of us smoking hookah (I had also been smoking for the past 4 hours or so and had laid a few beers to rest). Everyone is starting to find their places to sleep and somebody asks me to turn off the lights, which I am happy to do. So I stood up, fell to the floor and all I can remember was thinking I was both deaf and blind and my body shaking. After what was probably about 10 seconds, I got my senses back (to my surprise, nobody had taken notice). I stood up once more and stumbled, heart racing and head pounding to turn off the lights before making a final dash for the couch I had claimed and allowing myself to sleep off my misfortune. However I have the faintest memory of a similar experience earlier in the night in similar circumstances. I should note that recently my body has started shaking, if only briefly, far more often than ever in the past (though never anything like this).
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Do I just need to avoid hookah or could I be dealing with a serious medical issue?

--------------------

AFOAF once told me to do drugs, so then I did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMidnight_Toker
Gone Fishin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: collapsed at a party (couldn’t see or hear shit) [Re: Trypppy]
    #16407891 - 06/20/12 08:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Just some low blood pressure and standing up too fast.  You're most likely fine dude.  Just try to take it easy when standing too quick, especially when you're smoking weed or dehydrated(presuming you were drinking earlier).

If it constantly happens or you get dizzy all the time when you stand up though then you might want to get it checked out, but a one time occurrence, especially after smoking a hookah, is not much to worry about IMO.

InvisibleEmmanuel Goldstein

Loc: usa Flag
    #16408098 - 06/20/12 09:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It could be nothing to worry about at all like someone said or it could be something that needs watching at the very least because you should never ignore stumbling, heart racing, head pounding or shaking. This can all be something as simple as hypoglycemia but there could be other underlying issues. I'm going to say hypoglycemia based on the little information you've provided so far. If you know anyone with a glucose meter you could keep on hand you could test your blood glucose when and if you begin to shake or experience other symptoms again.

If it happened again and you were able to test and you tested positive for low glucose I'd see an MD and explain the situation and ask to have a three hour glucose/insulin test done. In the knows have been performing that test for MANY MANY YEARS but it's becoming a thing lately with sharp open minds.

It's just a thought. I hope this passes though and you begin to feel better.

OfflineTrypppy
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: collapsed at a party (couldn’t see or hear shit) [Re: Emmanuel Goldstein]
    #16408177 - 06/20/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Midnight_Toker said:
Just some low blood pressure and standing up too fast.  You're most likely fine dude.  Just try to take it easy when standing too quick, especially when you're smoking weed or dehydrated(presuming you were drinking earlier).

If it constantly happens or you get dizzy all the time when you stand up though then you might want to get it checked out, but a one time occurrence, especially after smoking a hookah, is not much to worry about IMO.

I get dizzy quite often when* I stand up. :suicide:
Quote:

Emmanuel Goldstein said:
It could be nothing to worry about at all like someone said or it could be something that needs watching at the very least because you should never ignore stumbling, heart racing, head pounding or shaking. This can all be something as simple as hypoglycemia but there could be other underlying issues. I'm going to say hypoglycemia based on the little information you've provided so far. If you know anyone with a glucose meter you could keep on hand you could test your blood glucose when and if you begin to shake or experience other symptoms again.

If it happened again and you were able to test and you tested positive for low glucose I'd see an MD and explain the situation and ask to have a three hour glucose/insulin test done. In the knows have been performing that test for MANY MANY YEARS but it's becoming a thing lately with sharp open minds.

It's just a thought. I hope this passes though and you begin to feel better.

Yeah I am starting to think I should get this checked out.

--------------------

Edited by Trypppy (06/20/12 10:11 AM)

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#16409666 - 06/20/12 03:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds to me like a nicotine overdose, it doesn't feel good I know.  Take it easy on the hookah.

Offlinethissongis
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Re: collapsed at a party (couldn’t see or hear shit) [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #16409731 - 06/20/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Took a nicotine chewable in high school one time, never having smoked a cig before. Almost passed out in class and had to hug the wall to make it to the bathroom and I got super fucking hot. Ended up laying on the floor of my bathroom when I got home. Worst experience ever, plus it ruined blue 5 gum for me because I was chewing it and the tablet mixed with it and made this pastey shit.

OfflineTrypppy
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: collapsed at a party (couldn’t see or hear shit) [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #16409832 - 06/20/12 04:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thissongis said:
Took a nicotine chewable in high school one time, never having smoked a cig before. Almost passed out in class and had to hug the wall to make it to the bathroom and I got super fucking hot. Ended up laying on the floor of my bathroom when I got home. Worst experience ever, plus it ruined blue 5 gum for me because I was chewing it and the tablet mixed with it and made this pastey shit.

This sounds very similar to what I experienced man :feelsbadman:

Quote:

Sleepwalker said:
Sounds to me like a nicotine overdose, it doesn't feel good I know.  Take it easy on the hookah.

Based off thissongis’ post I am inclined to agree with you.

--------------------

#16411512 - 06/20/12 09:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trypppy said:
Quote:

thissongis said:

This sounds very similar to what I experienced man :feelsbadman:

Quote:

Sleepwalker said:

Based off thissongis’ post I am inclined to agree with you.

So all of these symptoms only occur when you smoke a hookah?

OfflineTrypppy
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#16411722 - 06/20/12 10:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

No, however hookah definitely brings out these symptoms and the worst occurrences have all involved hookah

--------------------

#16412051 - 06/20/12 11:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Trypppy said:
No, however hookah definitely brings out these symptoms and the worst occurrences have all involved hookah

Well when you smoke a hookah like you described you are messing around with oxygen metabolism and if you are hypoglycemic in anyway heavy smoking can and will effect blood sugar levels indirectly, especially if your eating or drinking in a way that fuels a hypoglycemic response. It really isn't right for me to go out on a limb without understanding the big picture but I have this strong feeling you MAY be hypoglycemic. Actually it's called reactive hypoglycemia which is why I suggested you ask your doctor to consider having an insulin test done at the same time because this can reveal so much you didn't even know was occurring below the surface. Should you react the way many do this MD will use this test from that point on exclusively. I've discovered a fasting glucose test is completely WORTHLESS! But a glucose insulin test shows how the body responds to glucose. It can be quite a trip to look at your blood results and see your pancreas over produce insulin in response to blood glucose as it RAPIDLY (HINT!!! JUICING!!!) enters the blood.

I'm looking at my initial and last readings right now. I went from 107 fasting to 149 within a half an hour of sipping 75mg of glucose over a five minute period down to 29 at the two hour mark and my body never recovered though I hung in there and finished the test. I had a peak insulin of 89 at the half hour mark which is ridiculous and I needed to eat over an extended period of time to raise it up to normal levels again afterwords.

Recently I was 94 fasting, 144 at the half hour point and dropped to 61 at two hours with 65 being the low norm and my glucose was back up to 86 at the three hour point. My body recovered on it's own, but I'm still insulin toxic because levels should have never risen above 25...

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #16413188 - 06/21/12 08:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Carbon Monoxide + Nicotine Poisoning.

Hookahs should only be used to smoke what they were intended for IMO:

HASH!

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

OfflineTrypppy
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#16413599 - 06/21/12 10:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

After reading more about reactive hypoglycemia on wikipedia I am almost positive I have it, considering a solid 95% of everything said seemed to apply directly to me.
I am going to see a doctor and ask for that test asap.

--------------------

#16419867 - 06/22/12 10:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well I can't say for certain that that's your problem, I could only go by what you put out there which seemed to fit but there's more to it then what I know you're dealing with but I know it's a very common problem. The three hour glucose insulin test can reveal many things because it gives you and the MD the big picture. I just wasn't sure if it was the case after you started saying it may have been related to smoking the hookah because that can wreck you too. I began to think that it only happened to you while and after smoking it.

I wish you the very best and if this is the problem it's easy if you're really into taking care of business.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds