Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescuz
lobster
Male

My First Shroom Experience
    #16366159 - 06/11/12 02:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My first shroom trip may have been one of the most incredible things I've ever experienced. I've told this story to my friends countless times, but I really felt the need to write this out in order to come to terms with the experience, as I still cannot fully comprehend what happened. A little background info: I'm an 18 year old male, although I was 17 at the time, and for about a year leading up to this event, my life had been at a standstill. Instead of enjoying every moment of it, I was only surviving every moment of it with the hope that I'd have better circumstances one day. So here we go.

Not long ago, I took some shrooms and drove over to my friend, Laura's house. I drove right after I swallowed, so I wouldn't be tripping and driving, but as a first-timer who didn't do all the proper research, I was completely unaware of how long a trip could be. I thought it would be over by the time I had to drive back home.

I arrived at Laura's house, said hi, gave her a giant hug, and we talked to her mom for a few minutes. She offered to make us some hot chocolate, which I was totally down for. About 20 minutes later, we were in the basement talking, catching up on life (it had been a while since we had seen each other). I had competed in a dodgeball tournament earlier that day, which I started to tell her about. Started to. For some reason though, I found myself becoming ridiculously sidetracked. Soon I was telling her about chairs. I tried to talk about the dodgeball tournament again, but for some reason, I just couldn't stay focused. We were suddenly in a very deep conversation about human nature.

Long story short, it took me about a half-hour to tell her the 2 minute dodgeball story. I kept losing my focus. I still didn't realize the trip was coming on. Until the ceiling started to drop.

I froze, staring up at the textured plaster ceiling, which was now starting to pop out towards me like a 3D movie. It then occurred to me that the trip must be starting, so I figured I'd take a quick trip to the bathroom to splash some cool water on my face and try to prepare myself for what was coming.

I left the room and walked down the hallway, which now had the feel of a long, dark, corridor in a castle. I entered the bathroom and suddenly froze in absolute terror. In front of me, not more than 5 feet away, was...me. I slowly inched my way towards this apparition, staring myself in the eyes. I reached out, and the other me did the same. I then realized that this was not an apparition, but only my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I started to laugh, moving closer and closer to my reflection, until my head was pressed up against the mirror. I then whispered "What are you?" In that moment, I truly knew that my reflection was another being in a parallel universe, staring back into my eyes. I started to ponder the universe on the other side. What if their universe was nothing like ours, but it only looked the same where there were mirrors? What were they hiding just outside the edge of the mirror? I tilted my head sideways and pressed the side of my face against the mirror, trying to see if there was anything interesting  just outside the mirror's field of vision. I couldn't find anything. I started laughing. "Well of course," I said, "if we are to find what they are hiding, we must build more mirrors! We must cover the world with mirrors until there is no more free space for them to conceal their secrets! We must cover the skies and the stars and the bottoms of the oceans with mirrors!"

At this point, Laura came to the door of the bathroom, looking really freaked out. She asked me what the fuck I was doing. I shushed her, then swooped over and picked her up and flew back to the main room in the basement, where all the couches were. I deposited her on one of them, the began searching the room for treasures. She asked me again what I was doing, and I announced that I had discovered a banana-shaped mirror. She said "what the fuck are you talking about, there's no banana-shaped mirror in here." I begged to differ, and leapt across the room and picked up the banana shaped mirror then ran it back over to her. Now this part of the story is fucking weird, but apparently that banana shaped mirror was REAL, I wasn't just tripping. It was also ridiculously small, about the size of the little half-moon shape on your fingernail, yet I could still see it on the floor from all the way across the room. We still have no idea what it was or where it came from. But she got really scared at that point, as it seemed as if I had just created it from my imagination and brought it into the real world.

She asked me to calm down and handed me my hot chocolate, which I had forgotten about up until then. I started gulping it down happily, except then I noticed the "skin" that had formed at the surface. I had no idea what it was, so I fished it out and held it in my hand. I asked Laura what it was. Completely nonchalantly, she said "Oh, that's just the skin."

Well that was just about the most fucking horrifying moment of my life. SKIN??? In my HOT CHOCOLATE??? That I had been DRINKING???? What kind of sick people were these? I yelled and leapt back, spilling some hot chocolate accidentally. I started frantically waving my hand around, trying to get the skin off. Laura realized what she had done, and grabbed my arm and flicked the skin off. She calmed me down, and explained what she meant by the skin. I wasn't even listening anymore though. I was suddenly transfixed by an old photograph of her that was sitting framed on a shelf. It was black and white, taken when she was about 3 years old. I didn't understand that it was her, but I was mesmerized by the lifelike way in which the child stared. I slowly rose up and began to speak to the child. I was terrified of it, but I was also fascinated. Determined to overcome my fear, I slowly walked right up to the picture, whispering to it. I was soon face to face with the child, only inches away. Laura said my name, sounding genuinely scared now. I turned to her, smiled, and then, as if in a trance, began to recite a passage from the Bible, the one that is heard in the beginning of the title track to Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding
Reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty six.

I've never seen Laura that scared, but I was ecstatic now. The passage had never made such perfect sense to me. Clearly, the child in that picture was Satan, hiding behind the innocent eyes of a child (as you can see, the early indoctrination of Christian beliefs into my brain still has an effect on me, even years after I abandoned them). I asked Laura who the girl in the photograph was. "That's me when I was a kid," she said. I laughed at first, but then grew more serious. What if that really was her? Would that make her Satan? I circled around her, examining her from every facet, trying to find some indication of Satan. She laughed, thinking that I was back to being my regular joking self. Then I looked her in the eyes. And I saw past her beauty right into her innermost heart and soul. And I didn't like what I saw. I saw disgusting amounts of evil, of vanity. "I always knew you were Satan deep down inside," I told her, "I just didn't realize it until now."

Well now she was really freaked out. She grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs with her. wanting to get out of the basement. We sat down in her living room, and she got a call from a friend, so she went outside to take it. While she was gone, I noticed her open backpack on the living room table, all kinds of folders and papers spilling out of it. I curiously walked over and picked up the first thing I saw, a math test that she had gotten a 54 on. I felt bad for her when I saw it, so I decided to make her feel better. I took one of her pens and crossed out the 54 and wrote "You're an A in my books," in loopy, shroomy writing. She came back inside and saw what I had done. She absolutely broke down and gave me the warmest hug ever, and wouldn't let me go for several minutes. I thought we must look ridiculous, me sitting down, and her bending over to hug me from the side, her boobs in my face. So i tried to draw the situation, but I got bored of drawing her halfway through, and made her a frog instead.

Apparently, the phone call she recieved had been from a friend who had gotten into some trouble with drinking, and was now in the hospital. She wanted to go visit her after I left, but assured me that I could stay for a while (her friend was in stable condition, she wasn't in an enormous hurry). She went to go talk to her mom about going to the hospital after I left.

The moment she left the room, I entered the happiest part of my trip. Suddenly there were colors and patterns rippling on every surface in the house, like everything was wrapped up in cool wrapping paper. My arms became red and scaly. I started drawing patterns, while shooting stars danced around my pen. I became ecstatic. Laura re entered the room with her laptop, and sat down next to me and started looking up driving directions to the hospital, but still assuring me that I could stay for another hour or 2. I couldn't help but feel rushed though, which is scary shit when you're tripping balls and have to drive home. After she printed the directions I took the laptop and googled how long the trip would last. It said 4-6 hours. I tried to calculate how long it would be until I was sober, but I realized that numbers had lost their meaning entirely. It was 8:30 at night, but I didn't even know what that meant. I gave up trying to calculate time, and opened up photo booth so I could look at my eyes and see how dilated my pupils were. It was pretty bad. The color around them was almost gone entirely, I was staring into 2 giant black saucers.

I was about to close photo booth, when I noticed several pictures on the bottom of the screen. They were of Laura. Naked. I clicked on the first one I saw, and just nearly jizzed myself at the sight. I glanced over at Laura, who was still sitting next to me, and seemed to be looking the screen out of the corner of her eye, but wasn't stopping me. I took that as permission to keep going. I scrolled through the pictures, stopping at each one and marvelling at her body. She made some slightly embarrassed comments about each one as I went.

I would have loved to keep going, but I was overcome with an urge to make some music. I took Laura's hand, and led her into her bedroom, picked up her acoustic guitar, sat down, and started playing and singing my heart out. I started out with what seemed like a fantastic rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, but I quickly lost interest in playing actual songs and resorted to improvising with the guitar and my voice, exploring new territories, making truly original music.

I was so happy that I couldn't stop laughing. I rolled onto my back, still playing the guitar, now laughing in key with the song. And suddenly, I was no longer holding a guitar, I was holding a harmonica, then I was playing the piano, it was a blur of pure musical ecstasy. Gravity was no longer an issue. I was sliding along the floors on my back, walking on the ceiling, crawling on the walls. And then, at last, I struck the last chord on the piano and made my way back to her room with her. I then picked up her acoustic guitar and handed over to her. I asked her to play for me, and she obliged. She started out with a nice tune, but then began to sing out of key. I grimaced, and she tried to get back in key. Instead of hitting the right notes, however, she just got louder and louder, obviously trying way to hard to sound good. Her voice got more and more panicky like she was desperately trying to impress. I became furious that she would desecrate music like this, and I snatched the guitar out of her hands, marched off into her bathroom, and put it in the shower. Then, for good measure, I took all her razors and dropped them into the hole in the front of the acoustic.

I came back into her room, feeling pleased with myself. My anger wore off unbelievably fast and suddenly i was on the floor, she was wrestling with me, then I was in her bed, then she was throwing her giant stuffed bear on me, then we were just jumping all over the place hugging each other, etc. She may have been sober, but it seems as if I infected her with my trip, she was also in an amazingly good mood.

People give me shit for not even trying to fuck her. To be honest, it literally didn't even occur to me. I was so deep in crazy thoughts and mindwaves to be thinking about that. In fact, at some point in the trip, I think my libido was temporarily disabled, because when tried to wack off later, and couldn't even get one up until I was completely sober. It's all good though. We were both involved with other people anyway, it really wasn't necessary to bring sex into it.

As I pranced around with Laura, acting like a complete hooligan, I began to realize the meaning of Carpe Diem. It's become something that 14 year old girls plaster all over their tumblr page, but don't truly understand what it means. Believe me, I didn't know what it meant until I did shrooms. It was as if every social boundary that had ever been instilled upon me got knocked down. I was immune to society. I was like a baby. A giant baby with a deep voice and a beard, of course.

It came to the point that I had to drive home. I was still tripping, but not as hard as earlier. I would have loved to stay, but Laura's mom is strict and likes to go to bed at 10, so I was basically booted out around 9:45. Laura ended up seeing her friend in the hospital the next day instead. I didn't want her to worry, so I pretended that I had sobered up completely. I gave her one last hug, got in my car, and tried to figure out how the fuck to drive it.

After about 30 seconds of staring at the controls, it all came back to me. I managed to back out of the driveway at like 0.2 mph, then crawl down the road at an incredibly slow pace. I really didn't want to have to drive, but at least now I learned the hard way that shroom trips last a long time. I pulled into my driveway and was relieved to see that my parents weren't even home. I could just slip into bed and pretend to be sleeping. When my parents came home, I would be asleep, and they wouldn't bother me until the morning. That way I wouldn't have to worry about the dilated pupils or my behavior giving me away.

Everything went as planned. I thought I was coming down.

But an hour later, lying in bed, my parents had come home and gone to bed at this point. My mind still would not sleep. Just when I started to drift away...

BAM. Suddenly my whole world went down the drain. My senses were still the same, but my mind was off in another world. Have you heard Shine on You Crazy Diamond, by Pink Floyd? That's what my world became. Literally. My mind was off in outer space, time was irrelevant. I was witnessing stars being born, and fade away. Supernovas and black holes, all of it simultaneous. And there I was in the middle of it. I lay there for hours, at absolute peace with the world, while exploring the darkest and deepest depths of my mind. And it was beautiful.

I finally came down in the early hours of the next morning, around  1 or 2 AM. Since then, I have not been the same.

I have finally escaped my depression. These last few months have been some of my ever.

I no longer wait for happiness to come to me. I go and get it.

I have gotten back into my art, and music is starting to take hold of me once more as well.

I have hope for my future, I have finally let go of the notion that the only way to succeed is to go to Harvard or Yale (believe me, that's what they tell you in my town).

I've started being myself. No apologies, no bullshit. I am who I am. That may be the biggest one.

I know this is long. I don't expect you to read the whole thing. If you did, respect. And definitely share some of your stories. This has been a journey for me, and I enjoy sharing it, I'd love you to share yours as well. I hope to have many more adventures, both tripping, and sober.

Peace.

--------------------
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by scuz (06/12/12 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUdders
Milkin
Male User Gallery

Re: My First Shroom Experience [Re: scuz]
    #16377383 - 06/13/12 06:36 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey man, enjoyed reading your trip report.  I recently tripped for the first time and I gotta say I relate to your story a little bit.  I also have been kinda spinning my wheels and just waiting for something good to happen to me.  When I was on shrooms I saw through things, I saw things for what they really are.  I was watching TV and just saw through the utter bullshit that TV is.  I realized how much I had taken things for granted and literally enjoyed every aspect of life.    Since then i've been going outside a lot more, enjoying nature and wtching less tv.

--------------------

OfflineGongGuy12
Danger Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: My First Shroom Experience [Re: Udders]
    #16379710 - 06/14/12 06:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wow ..... what a read, I am glad it went so well for you. It sure reminded me of some of mine, being lost in wardrobes for what seemed like hours.

:grin:

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lye6rkZO21o

He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither!

OfflineLastBreath
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My First Shroom Experience [Re: GongGuy12]
    #16389793 - 06/16/12 11:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How many grams did you eat?

--------------------

Offlinescuz
lobster
Male

Re: My First Shroom Experience [Re: LastBreath]
    #16390297 - 06/16/12 01:57 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Only 1, amazingly. I'm really easily affected by psychadelics, that's all.

--------------------

OfflineBurnAFewDown
Make Acid Not War
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: My First Shroom Experience [Re: scuz]
    #16390590 - 06/16/12 03:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

good trip report. psychedelics have changed my life for the better. like you, i am no  longer waiting for happiness, i just go out and get it. if you ever have the chance, i advise you to try and find some LSD, its an entirely new, profound experience. im jealous that you can trip that much from only a gram. the first time i took shrooms (meaning i had no tolerance at all) i took 3.5 grams and didnt feel anything. it wasnt bad shrooms cuz my friend takes em regularly and took the same amount and fried his ass off. i think i just have a naturally high tolerance to drugs which sucks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder