Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit?
    #1629142 - 06/12/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have a dozen half pint jars, half LY and half pink buffalo. Everythings going great, in the beginning though, i noticed that the mycelium was more fluffy than ropey, but now after twelve days and about 80% colonization I noticed that the myc has turned much more rhizomorphic. this is obviously a good sign that the myc is healthy, but does this also mean that they're ready to fruit? Also, Im having a little trouble getting the bottoms of the jars to colonize, I already flipped the jars, then just today I removed the tape from the innoc holes because I noticed that a bit of moisture had collected in the jars. Was this a good idea? Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit? [Re: soochi]
    #1629148 - 06/12/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

don't fruit until the jars are fully colonized and then usually wait a few more days for the center to colonize.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit? [Re: kukusz]
    #1630683 - 06/13/03 05:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Rhyzomorphic growth doesn't have much to do with fruiting. It's the mycelium's way of 'travelling' to a place where there's more moisture and nutrients. Just wait till the jars are 100% colonized, and then wait another week to allow the mycellium to colonize the center of the jar.

Offline88mustanggt

Re: Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit? [Re: koraks]
    #1631101 - 06/13/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i have 10 jars of 3 diffrent substrates and half of them look fully colonized and i cant shake them at all and have been for half a week or even a lil more but the others are being a little slower. should i wait for the others to catch up or move on without them. basicly im asking can they sit to long?

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Re: Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit? [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #1631109 - 06/13/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

why are you interrupting this thread with an off the topic question? Oh well, I'm a nice guy. Yes they can sit for a while, just keep them away from light unless you want to grow invitro.

--------------------
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offline88mustanggt

#1631137 - 06/13/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Actually i thought it was kind of on topic sense they were talking about letting them sit a week after 100%. so i was just wondering if there is such thing as sitting to much after 100% sorry i dint mean to burst your bubble. but thank you for your help:) they will just sit tight.

Offlinemagicfungi
ryoko
Loc: Japan
Re: Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit? [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #1631220 - 06/13/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

soochi, I would wait, like everyone else says. I have decided though that from now on, I will not use tape over the inoculation holes at all. I take the tape off as soon as they cool down from being steam heated. I haven't lost a single jar to contamination thus far, and it seems to colonize quicker.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Re: Rhizomorphic growth=ready to fruit? [Re: magicfungi]
    #1631312 - 06/13/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ah, interesting. I've always thought that you needed filter patches. I guess not?

--------------------
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

#1631321 - 06/13/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for the double post, but I don't think I worded my first question correctly: I know from experience that some strains, like PR's are very rhizomorphic to begin with. But with these thai strains I noticed that the myc started fluffy then got rhizomorphic as they further colonized. So the question I meant to ask was: at full colonization and assuming they the myc are fluffy, then after waiting for the center to colonize, when the myc gets more noticably rhizomorphic does that mean that the whole cake has been colonized and that the myc are becoming rhizomorphic because nutrients are being depleted and that fruiting is the next logical step???

--------------------
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds