Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
Anyone talk to a psychiatrist?
    #16271411 - 05/23/12 02:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think I'm gonna call one tomorrow to set up a meeting.  I got some family issues(alcholism) and some other shit that I think it would be good to talk to someone who knows what the fucks up. What's everyone's thoughts? BasicAlly I want to talk about my drug use(blow,pills,alcohol) and figure my life out. I know one session won't solve my problems, but man I feel like I'm at a bottom of my life. I know I need help. Cus doing blow and drinking till the next day ain't workin for my future. I for sure need support. It's So easy to get fucked up. God damn way to easy. A phone call away easy and they will drop off the goods. My problem is coke and alcohol. I have no problem doing blow from 4pm till 10am the next day and drinking a handle of vodka each time, which happens to much.One time I took 6 norcos that were seriously huge and I swear I almost passed out and died. Plus taking xtc I'm horrible. I took 3 triple stacks and man.. My heart rate was like 200bpm standstill and I still did blow. Thank god I calmed myself down. A boner would have probably killed me.

And after all the drugs, I find alcohol the worst. It's way to easy to get, and fucks anyone up. I never did anything hardcore like heroin, but fuck. Alcohol led me to everything. Pot(which is a great anti booze drug), coke, snorting pills, and other random prescript pills. God dam I hate the hangover from prescription pills. By far worse than coke an booze combined. Bleh. Fucking drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: northernlight]
    #16271491 - 05/23/12 02:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Inbetween talking to a psychologist, try learning how to cook vegetarian food after you're done lifting weights and running your ass off, sweating those toxins out and producing natural endorphins, along with drinking a shit ton of water.

asdlkfkasdfks piracetam and choline and LEF 2perday and magnesium and fish oil asdjhfaksjdhfkj

Man I've been baaaaaaad into alcohol but not along with coke. Probably a good thing it's never been around for me. So, I can only imagine the hole you're in. Ontop of X. Shizer. 

In my worst times of alcohol poisoning and withdrawal, I found that abstaining from weed and only drinking hoppy beer (hops relax you ontop of alcohol) like India Pale Ales, *WHILE* watching GOOD movies and eating comforting foods like baked potatoes loaded with butter and sour cream and salt and onion and garlic powder put me in a place where I wasn't freaking out. Diphenhydramine along with the beer towards the tail end of the night helped me drift off into comfortable sleep.

Fuck the stimulants man. If you're drinking hard, stimulants make you feel like you need to drink harder to cut the edge.

And weed, as much as you may feel like it helps, it also makes your mind overactive, when you're alcohol-fried.

Hey!  Order some GABA powder. Yeah, just the powder, it tastes sweet, and a small spoonful will chill your ass out in about 3 minutes. Also get some theanine. Read into it and get it.  Natural stuff that really works. It won't give you euphoria, but it'll save you from freaking out and picking up the phone or going to the liquor store.

Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: yabbahabba]
    #16271513 - 05/23/12 02:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I thank you bro.. But I won't really realize it till tommorow since I've got a bottle of jack right now. It sounds so stupid to say I'm addicted to booze. I feel like a idiot. I can do a line of blow every 20 min and be all fucked up And the next day I want nothing to do with blow. But damn I'd love a beer.. Or 10.

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
    #16271516 - 05/23/12 02:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Good luck man. You do know that when you wake up tomorrow your going straight for the bottle again right?

Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
    #16271532 - 05/23/12 03:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

And I'll look into the stuff you said.. Pot only works for so long.. I'd like to be clear headed ie not pot,pills or what ever.. The worst time is night time when all I can do is think about getting fucked up. I love a stiff drink or a few before bed. Honestly if I don't drink for 2-3 days I can't sleep. But like 3 stiff rum/cokes are great.. An man the legs twitches. I can't stop from kickin with my legs. I know I'm gettin worse so I'm trying to call for help. Like I said. Pot helps, but it ain't long term. I just need to stop drinking. I hate how accessible it is.ill go 4 days without drinking, then I'll make up for lost time. Like now... Im sure I'll finish the fith of jack and the 12 pack of key stone I bought tonight. Feel like shit tommorow, say I'll never drink, then do it again in 2-3 days from now. I just don't get it. I'll do 4-5 grams of good coke in one night and won't want to touch it for at least a month. But grab me a beer and I'm down no matter what the time

Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: Gratos]
    #16271545 - 05/23/12 03:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gratos said:
Good luck man. You do know that when you wake up tomorrow your going straight for the bottle again right?

Way ahead. Bought a 6 pack of twisted tea to drink in the shower to feel "normal" . Aint life grand? And the crazy thing, I'm normal looking. Honestly no one would know I'm a raging alcoholic. I'm in good shape. I hike probably 30 mIles a week above 8,000 feet. Not a crazy amount, but the altitude is a lot.

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
    #16271558 - 05/23/12 03:33 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wish you well my friend.

Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
    #16271567 - 05/23/12 03:36 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Also. I have woken up an drank a beer, but after a binge drinking night, I hate drinking a beer. I have honestly never drank a beer intill a few hours after waking up(ie finishing it). I don't get the shakes. My honest binge drinking is a fifth of jack, and probably 6 or so beers.i feel like shit when I wake up, I never want to drink again, but of course I do within2 days.i am a big guy at 6'5" 220lbs but it's no excuse for the intake. I feel like I'm just entering alcoholism, and I want to stop before it is
Serious. I know it's bad now, but it's a good time to stop

Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
    #16271573 - 05/23/12 03:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I do feel it good to get this in the open.  I knew it was a progressing problem. This is just one more step in the right direction since I can write what I feel. And I feel my buzz wearing off. So if you don't mind I'm gonna make another drink and get fucked up. Remind me to call a psych tomorrow.

Invisiblenorthernlight
Stranger
    #16271574 - 05/23/12 03:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Damn that's bad to say

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
    #16271581 - 05/23/12 03:50 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thats what Im sayin man, Tomorrow morning youll wake up and there wont be a thought about the psychiatrist, the only thought will be to how am I going to get fucked up? I know the deal. Thats my experience at least.

Offlinepeteyg
alan watts thought
Male User Gallery

Loc: delaware u.s.a
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: Gratos]
    #16271941 - 05/23/12 08:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

From the man himself Alan Watts (a person who thinks he needs a psychiatrist should have his head examined.)

OfflineyAhtzee
Lost & Found
    #16271962 - 05/23/12 08:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've met with one a few times. Definitely a good person to talk to about anything that's on your mind.

They usually have some great exercises to set you in the right direction. It sounds like it would be beneficial for you.

You may want to get additional help for your alcohol addiction. Good luck, northernlight.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#16272004 - 05/23/12 08:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Canada and Mexico both allow ibogaine therapy facilities to operate

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #16272035 - 05/23/12 08:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

tell a psychiatrist about your drug problems and youll end up in rehab (which from you original post sounds like you need it) and might be prescribed drugs if you have depression/anxiety/or psychotic episodes coupled with Cognitive behavioral therapy(which can help)

if you just want to talk about your problems your looking for a therapist

OfflineyAhtzee
Lost & Found
    #16272063 - 05/23/12 08:45 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Whoops. Yeah, I've met with a therapist. Not a psychiatrist.

Sorry, I tend to get confused when it comes to all of those "ist's."

"A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in psychological disorders. A psychiatrist can prescribe medication and can also do talk therapy. Typically most psychiatrists just prescribe medication and work as part of a team with the therapist who providing the talk therapy.

A therapist is not a medical doctor and they cannot prescribe medication. A therapist focuses on providing psychotherapy (talk therapy) to their clients. The term “therapist” is used as an umbrella term as is “psychotherapist.”

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: yAhtzee]
    #16272317 - 05/23/12 09:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

to talk go to a therapist or psychologist. Psychiatrists just prescribe you meds within the first 10 min of meeting them.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: Legend]
    #16272342 - 05/23/12 09:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i talk to a psych, mostly about changsta tho, then i get a bottle of 90 changstas for only 10 chang$ta$

--------------------

OfflineGuruBushHippie
MountainMan
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Anyone talk to a psychiatrist? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #16272353 - 05/23/12 09:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I went once to shut my mom up. He told her there was nothing wrong with me, but suggested she try therapy herself. That made me feel warm and fuzzy. It messed her up pretty bad though, she thinks she's losing it now.

I also went a year ago to try and score a script of addy. That didn't work either because this guy said I was too manic already, but I was on adderall that day so that's why he said it I guess.

--------------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I cut straight through the forest, and that has made all the difference.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #16278905 - 05/24/12 02:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I just had a psych evauation Tues.  Prescribed Mirtazapine and Hydroxyzine. I had a 7 day alcohol detox in Feb. I've been reasonally sober since (2 slips), been through atavan and ambian. My brain isn't used to not being drunk. I just got my medicine from Cali.:happyweed:, so all is good. I let you know how it goes later on . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale