Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe...
    #16268496 - 05/22/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have been flirting with the idea of buying some 25i with my first paycheck at my new job. I am sketched out about this drug for many reasons though... one, it is extremely potent and cheap. two, I have a bad track record with buying cheap, potent serotonergic drugs with the intention of stockpiling them, and then binging on them instead, inducing mild psychosis. and three, anecdotal reports of its intensity.

My psychiatrist works in an inpatient rehab and has his own history of taking psychedelics. I've been through a lot of psychiatrists and I've learned to smell the ones that are bullshitting when they claim to have something in common with you regarding your reasons for being there, but this guy seems to be legit. He is on the same page as me that taking psychedelics can be beneficial for some people but he just insists (and is right that) at a certain point they lose their efficacy and just become another drug that, given time, will probably bring about psychotic symptoms.

I have put him on the spot before with questions about the receptor affinities of various drugs, and his responses indicate he knows what he is talking about. Today I told him I was considering buying a sizable quantity of a new drug called "25i-NBOMe" and as soon as I said it his eyes got really big and he got a really serious look on his face. He told me he would much rather know I was taking LSD or shrooms or DMT than 25i. He claims in the past several months, the rehab has admitted several patients who noted 25i use upon entry, and he said he has never seen cases of HPPD as bad as those. He also claims to have received a bulletin about a death associated with it about 3 weeks ago.

Now, my psychiatrist will of course say whatever it takes to ensure that I am what he considers to be healthy, but what do you think about these reports? Do you think he is lying? I have to be honest, he did scare me away from them more, because he has built up good rapport with me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: morrowasted]
    #16268630 - 05/22/12 04:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

By sizable quantity I mean like 25mg btw. Nothing super ridiculous.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: morrowasted]
    #16268641 - 05/22/12 04:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think everyone who has gotten themselves in trouble with were being idiots and are more to blame than the drug. Plus from what I've seen a lot of people that had to visit the hospital were also on other drugs with the 25i.

If you decided to do it just obviously use a mg scale.

--------------------

OfflineM.91
Fucked Up Bro

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: Eminence]
    #16268703 - 05/22/12 04:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That Drug Is Gay
Do 26i

--------------------

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: M.91]
    #16268716 - 05/22/12 04:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

dont binge on 25i why would you do that lol  i wouldnt recommend using such an unresearched drug more than once a month especially since a lot of people say it feels like ur fryin ur brainz out when you do it

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: Sheekle]
    #16268791 - 05/22/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's cool you've found a psychiatrist who's had experience with psychedelics OP :thumbup:

He's probably legitimately worried for you because of the reports he's heard, but keep in mind he also doesn't want to be liable for negative consequences that happen to you.  He doesn't know a lot about the drug, so he's apprehensive to give you the green light.  Which is how it should be.

Just dose responsibly and be smart about your drug use.  Let someone else hold your stash if you think you might binge it all or become irresponsible.

--------------------

OfflineMaryJ
Highly Fictionalized Character

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: Eminence]
    #16268898 - 05/22/12 05:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I can't offer much more than anecdotes, but a few friends and I have taken it and have had overall pleasant experiences with it.

We have only done it in relatively small amounts, between about .5 mg to 2.5, and ours is diluted in Everclear so we held it under our tongues which, quite honestly, tastes awful... but oh my was it fantastic.

I have never taken it while alone, but I can say that in a group of people it makes everyone quite euphoric. The visuals are a bit intense if you take a higher amount, but I can't say that it was unpleasant in any way. I have friends that were completely overwhelmed visuals, but they still weren't sad about it while it was happening.

Overall I really enjoyed it, however I have only done it twice and I have no immediate intentions to do it again in the near future because it does seem to be on the more dangerous side as far as your brain is concerned.

--------------------
There is not a single utterance above that should be taken as truth, as they are words penned by a mad woman trapped within a mind spiraling downward.

:bigweed:

"I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should be malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant. " - Kevin Smith

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: MaryJ] * 3
    #16268945 - 05/22/12 05:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Stick with LSD. It's such a beautiful, sweet chemical.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #16268988 - 05/22/12 05:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a pretty solid shrink.

I kinda want to try NBOME. It sounds fun. I always take RC anxieties with a grain of salt; I think it's pretty knee-jerk and unnecessary in a lot of cases. And if you were playing it safe you probably wouldn't be taking synthetic psychedelics in the first place.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16269337 - 05/22/12 06:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Sounds like a pretty solid shrink.

I kinda want to try NBOME. It sounds fun. I always take RC anxieties with a grain of salt; I think it's pretty knee-jerk and unnecessary in a lot of cases. And if you were playing it safe you probably wouldn't be taking synthetic psychedelics in the first place.

All the people saying how fun it is makes me want to try it. But I want to try other fun things in life... like going to grad school in Spain, which I can only do if I continue to make good grades during my last semester of college. I don't want to jeopardize once-in-a-lifetime opportunities like that for a bunch of drug experiences similar to the ones I have already had numerous times. I just don't know if I want to risk it anymore. I hear reports of people saying they feel fried out after taking it. I can't afford to feel fried out anymore; I work full time and go to school full time.

Free sVs!
Female

#16269870 - 05/22/12 08:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I always attribute my current interest in science to being semi-permafried from overdoing it with LSD. I say, bring it on.

(will probably try 25i-NBOME... after I try 2C-P and play with 4-AcO-DMT some more.)

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16269895 - 05/22/12 08:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

2c-p is one of my faves

Free sVs!
Female

#16269924 - 05/22/12 08:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting. I've heard it was fairly non-distinct in its profile, being sort of an enhancer. I've been sitting on it for a while, but the duration combined with the stress (school) I've been under lately have made it an unattractive prospect.

I'm gonna camp a lot this summer though, and what better time to ingest novel long-acting brain-scramblers? :awebig:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#16269956 - 05/22/12 08:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:hellyeah:

2c-p isn't likely going to "blow your mind", but it is fun. The visuals kind of distinct... Trails are more pronounced than on any other 2c drug I've taken (and I've taken a lot), and it takes forever to kick in. People are right that it's good to combine, I often combined it with shrooms, 2c-e, and/or 2c-t-2, but it is still fun on its own, especially if you plan on doing an activity.

Free sVs!
Female

#16269969 - 05/22/12 08:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
:hellyeah:

2c-p isn't likely going to "blow your mind", but it is fun. The visuals kind of distinct... Trails are more pronounced than on any other 2c drug I've taken (and I've taken a lot), and it takes forever to kick in. People are right that it's good to combine, I often combined it with shrooms, 2c-e, and/or 2c-t-2, but it is still fun on its own, especially if you plan on doing an activity.

An activity like a big hike through the mountains? :awehigh:

Aw man I'm stoked for the summer break bro. :datass:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #16270006 - 05/22/12 08:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

25mg??  That's an insane dose!  Seriously, you need several orders of magnitude less to get very strong effects.

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #16270031 - 05/22/12 08:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I told my psychiatrist about CBD(Cannabidiol) and he's open to let me try it.  It hasn't been mass produced as a drug yet though.  For those interested it's one of the two main chemicals in weed.  It has anti-anxiety/anti-psychotic properties.

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: So I told my psychiatrist I was considering taking 25i-NBOMe... [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16270041 - 05/22/12 08:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:

I am working full time and taking two summer school classes :suicide:
Quote:

abltsandwich said:
25mg??  That's an insane dose!  Seriously, you need several orders of magnitude less to get very strong effects.

lol wtf man come on I am not dosing 25mg I was planning on buying that much

Free sVs!
Female

#16270064 - 05/22/12 08:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:

Gotta admit, I'm riding that study-hard-now-and-work-hard-later-while-supported-by-middle-class-parents train.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#16270078 - 05/22/12 08:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my parents pay for my school but i have to pay rent, car insurance, food, booze/drugs. so yeah. I don't mind being busy though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order