Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebongdiggity
Stranger

PF Block Tek with Pre-sterilized Rye grain bags?
    #16237362 - 05/15/12 09:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, I've been lurking around the site and studying hard for the past 6 months about mushroom cultivation. Ever since my first trip back in December, I've been determined to get further into mycology. Here's my question: Can I use a pre-sterilized sawdust substrate bags with rye grain center in the PF Block Tek fashion?

I've seen a sawdust tek, so I know it's possible, I just wasn't sure if it would be good for a noob. I'm looking to get some bulk out of this grow (Friends + Family would like some) so I thought the 3lb bags would be better than using 24 1/2 pint jars.

If anyone was wondering, my reasoning for using a PF Block Tek is because it'll help isolate any possible contams instead of using a bulk substrate. I'll move onto that in the future, but it seems like most people here agree it's not a smart move for a beginner regardless of how much research they have done.

Also, one last note: I'm getting a pressure cooker in the near future, so sterility won't be an issue. Honestly, I'm looking into the bags just because  buying 4 comes out to the same price as I would spend on seperate substrate ingredients. It doesn't really have to do with them being pre-sterilized.

(I can link to the bags if it's allowed. I have to double check the rules... should have done that alredy :blush:)

Edited by bongdiggity (05/15/12 09:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNimpo
Big Black

Re: PF Block Tek with Pre-sterilized Rye grain bags? [Re: bongdiggity]
    #16237415 - 05/15/12 09:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

OP, i know what bags you are talking about, and I plan on doing what you are thinking about doing.

I have 4 bags though, so Im willing to test one out as a "mega square cake" because theres another thread on the front page with a dude who birthed a huge ass block and is fruiting it like a block cake, and yeah, its working.

The other 3 are going to be bulked and cased with the 50/50 tek, though.

I just want to see a huge cake in action  :pipesmoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate