Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments
    #16198826 - 05/08/12 08:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/05/08/feds-put-squeeze-synthetic-drug-shipments

Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments

MINNEAPOLIS -- Federal investigators have ramped up their attack on synthetic drugs entering Minnesota and western Wisconsin, seizing more than two dozen shipments from South Carolina, Texas and Nevada, as well as several intrastate shipments, the Star Tribune has found.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service, which conducted the seizures, isn't talking about its investigations, most of which remain active. Jeff Long, a spokesman, said only that it's the mission of the service to keep the mail safe.

Postal inspectors in St. Paul have jurisdiction in Minnesota and western Wisconsin, and their seizures follow laws passed last year in both states that ban certain chemicals commonly found in synthetic marijuana and in stimulants sold as "bath salts" or "plant food."

Synthetic marijuana and chemical analogs for such stimulants as methamphetamine, cocaine and MDMA (Ecstasy) have led to a rash of overdoses in recent years. Minnesota banned the sale of these drug analogs as of last July 1. The Legislature passed a bill this session designed to make prosecution easier. Wisconsin passed a similar ban that took effect July 11. In addition, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration has classified several chemicals commonly used to mimic psychoactive drugs as controlled substances.

Richard Jacobs, 37, of Hoffman, Minn., appears to be an early target of the new law. According to a federal search warrant filed July 18, Jacobs previously had purchased several packages of synthetic drugs from Southern Burn, a South Carolina firm. He also bought synthetics from a Texas firm, WTF Herbals, also known as We're the Future Herbals.

Jacobs nearly overdosed after snorting bath salts for three days with his girlfriend. That led to criminal drug possession charges in Grant County District Court. He pleaded guilty last week to a gross misdemeanor and was sentenced to a year in jail.

Kent Marshall, his attorney, said Thursday that his client was already in prison on another charge or he would have been inclined to fight the synthetic drug charges on constitutional grounds. Marshall said that when Jacobs ordered the bath salts, they were still legal to possess in Minnesota.

Since Jacobs' arrest in July, U.S. postal inspectors have filed at least 14 more search warrants related to packages of synthetic drugs shipped from Greenville, S.C., and at least nine shipments that listed return addresses in Houston.

Ravi Patel, 26, of Greenville, is the registered agent for Southern Burn and another South Carolina company called Revolution Distribution. Both entities listed the same UPS Store as a return address on shipments containing synthetic drugs. The packages were sent to various addresses in the Twin Cities and Rochester, as well as in Tomah and Black River Falls, Wis.

Patel did not respond to messages seeking comment. Calls to Southern Burn's phone number are picked up by an answering service. The service answers "The Aroma Shop" and "Amsterdam High," which have websites that appear to be online distributors of bath salts and synthetic marijuana.

Justin L. Patterson, a convicted felon from Milwaukee who appears to have moved to Sugar Land, Texas, is listed in business records as the contact person for WTF Herbals. The company lists a Houston post office box as its address and does business through wtfherbals.com. Patterson, 30, said Sunday that he believed his products were legal in every state. He said he's recalling all shipments to Minnesota and will make no further sales in the state until the issue is straightened out.

Investigators said in court filings that they traced nearly two dozen shipments from another Texas company, JMR Enterprises Unlimited, to at least 10 names and addresses in Roseau and Warroad. The packages appear to have been purchased through an online "head shop" called the Supply Boys, court documents say.

Nine packages listed return addresses in Houston, but they appear to have actually been shipped from Henderson, Nev. The other package listed a return address in Las Vegas, actually a mailbox at a UPS Store.

Joshua M. Riley, a principal in JMR Enterprises, declined to comment on the seizures when reached Thursday by phone. Asked whether he was in Nevada or Texas, he chuckled.

"I'm around," he said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: dwpineal]
    #16198931 - 05/08/12 08:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

And it continues...

:sad:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Society]
    #16198964 - 05/08/12 08:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, I'm glad I didn't order any RCs. Looks like I won't ever order them either. I have one dose of 2c-b and one of 2c-i. Looks like I'll have to make these count. I'm going to go take one of them in the woods this week.

OfflineMatt3DZ
Stranger
Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: bryguy27007]
    #16199476 - 05/08/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm.... so don't order anything now cause it won't come through? Damn and I just got the courage to place one...

Invisiblepsychotropicwhale
Cetacean

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: dwpineal]
    #16199488 - 05/08/12 11:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Protect Minnesota and Western Wisconsin at all costs, they are the crown of 'Merica.

--------------------

OfflineDest
Roller-Derby Coach
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: psychotropicwhale]
    #16199545 - 05/08/12 11:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wtf mate they give no mention of the particular chemical structures used

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Dest]
    #16200603 - 05/08/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They can bust that many RC vendors but can't stop the flow of people shipping pounds of drugs through the mail? Maybe because the vendors used such obvious names?

OfflineLeon Ferrum
environmentalist know-it-all
Male User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Dest]
    #16203827 - 05/09/12 08:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dest said:
Wtf mate they give no mention of the particular chemical structures used

They would be meaningless to the average person

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Leon Ferrum]
    #16204665 - 05/09/12 12:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

MrMike may be to blame for this. With all the recent drama over at EK, it is inevitable that some vendors will go down. I'm sure some of them kept records, and the records are now in the clammy, excited little hands of federal investigators.
Also, the fact that all of the seizures are in middle America is significant. I just don't know why yet.

The entire scene is in a critically important transition phase right now.
Everybody stay safe out there. Don't count RC's out yet. :heart:

--------------------
:smoking:

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Meteloides]
    #16206016 - 05/09/12 05:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

And I will continue to only love the plants. RCs are scary to me. The few times I have unknowingly taken them expecting it to be Lucid have been my worst experiences with drugs. I would never recommend them to anyone. But that's just me :thumbup:

--------------------

Omg lookit this

OfflineJESUS CLAUSE
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Hippie-Trippy]
    #16207455 - 05/09/12 10:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

LSD was a research chemical at one time.

--------------------
Looking for Cacti seed, if you got them PM me Please.

I have Lots of spores and cacti cuttings to trade. Also growing supplies.

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: JESUS CLAUSE]
    #16207517 - 05/09/12 10:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Very true, it was also derived from an ergot. Nature has great alkaloids. I classify 2ci, 25i nbome, ect... in that man-made category. Won't ever touch em, just like meth! :smile:

--------------------

Omg lookit this

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

#16207971 - 05/09/12 11:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie-Trippy said:
Very true, it was also derived from an ergot. Nature has great alkaloids. I classify 2ci, 25i nbome, ect... in that man-made category. Won't ever touch em, just like meth! :smile:

Ahem.  I don't want to rain on your trippy hippy parade, but ALL drugs are derived from nature.  Humans don't create molecules from nothing.

Methamphetamine is derived from plant alkaloids, such as the ones found in the ephedra plant.  Furthermore, methamphetamine has actually been found to occur in nature.

:themoreyouknow:

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineLeon Ferrum
Male User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Society]
    #16208657 - 05/10/12 05:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Society said:
Quote:

Hippie-Trippy said:

Ahem.  I don't want to rain on your trippy hippy parade, but ALL drugs are derived from nature.  Humans don't create molecules from nothing.

Methamphetamine is derived from plant alkaloids, such as the ones found in the ephedra plant.  Furthermore, methamphetamine has actually been found to occur in nature.

:themoreyouknow:

The article in question http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031942297002409

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Leon Ferrum]
    #16208780 - 05/10/12 07:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Knowledge is power! None the less, still made in a lab. The only reason these chemicals are available is because of the illegality of the natural drugs anyways. Why put something untested and unknown in your body?

--------------------

Omg lookit this

OfflineLeon Ferrum
Male User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Hippie-Trippy] * 1
    #16208830 - 05/10/12 07:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie-Trippy said:
Knowledge is power! None the less, still made in a lab. The only reason these chemicals are available is because of the illegality of the natural drugs anyways. Why put something untested and unknown in your body?

Methamphetamine is FDA approved.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Meteloides]
    #16208839 - 05/10/12 07:27 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Meteloides said:
Also, the fact that all of the seizures are in middle America is significant.

Finally somebody is thinking of the goats. :goats:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: Doc_T]
    #16217435 - 05/11/12 10:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

True, but none of the other drugs, of the main discussion are. Who cares about meth? Not I.

--------------------

Omg lookit this

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#16218012 - 05/12/12 01:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hippie-Trippy said:

You're distinction between a lab and nature is silly. Your reasoning for consuming a substance is even sillier.

OfflineHippie-Trippy
The Psilocybed
 User Gallery

Re: Feds put the squeeze on synthetic drug shipments [Re: PatrickKn]
    #16218616 - 05/12/12 06:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Whatever, I don't judge what other drugs people do, I made the personal decision I would not put any drugs into my body unless it came from the earth. Weed is great for 90% of everything. I don't take drugs other people make unless it was grown.

What a stupid discussion, I don't even know why I am defending myself on a fucking website. You people insulting others are only demeaning to yourself, for I do not care about anything.

--------------------

Omg lookit this

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules