Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNativenglish
Novice
 User Gallery

Nan's Elusive Nook...
    #16190703 - 05/06/12 02:56 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've been looking through some of the old posts on quality cacti potting mixes and have seen this business of "Nan's Soil Mix" come up repeatedly. So, I followed the link posted in this old thread,  ( http://www.nansnook.com/archives/soil.html) and it took me to "Nansnook". Here, I found a photo of this smokin' hot little Sheila who looks to be well acquainted with cooking meatloaf and such. Problem being, I don't find nary a thing remotely related to re-potting cacti or what best to grow them in. I am going to keep going there anyway in hopes that she's posted some photos of her nook there somewhere...

In the mean time, maybe one of you here may know where I can find this elusive preparation "Nan's Soil Mix"?

--------------------
The government which governs least, governs best...

Edited by Nativenglish (05/06/12 03:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Nan's Elusive Nook... [Re: Nativenglish]
    #16190760 - 05/06/12 03:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

web.archive.org/web/20040106071907/http://www.nansnook.com/archives/soil.html

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

InvisibleNativenglish
Novice
 User Gallery

Re: Nan's Elusive Nook... [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16190844 - 05/06/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:

Have you been there yet? I was almost sure I had explained the situation clearly enough... Never, underestimate the power of not reading the entire post before replying.

--------------------

OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #16190871 - 05/06/12 03:46 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That link Mostly_Harmless posted worked fine for me, do you know how to copy and paste links into the address bar?

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#16190915 - 05/06/12 03:59 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nativenglish said:
Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:

Have you been there yet? I was almost sure I had explained the situation clearly enough... Never, underestimate the power of not reading the entire post before replying.

Never underestimate the power of assuming someone didn't read the entire post before replying :tongue:

Just copy and paste the full line I posted, it is a web archive snapshot of the page you seek.

Quote:

I am mixing one part from each bag. The first bag on the left is a "3/8" Minus" grade of crushed limestone for about $3.00. The center bag is generic bagged topsoil for about $2.50 The bag on the right is cow compost/manure for about $3.00. The basic formula is one part of each. I use one bag of each, you can add a little more crushed limestone (the landscape rock has slightly less volume than the manure or topsoil per bag). I just mix one bag of each and throw in 4-6 cups of powdered limestone or dolomite rock per batch. Mix well and break up lumps with a shovel or trowel.

The correct limestone gravel can be a little hard to find, and is by far the best for this purpose. I checked at the national chain hardware stores and did not find what I thought was a small enough grade of rock, they have crushed limestone and crushed marble in like a 1 inch size, that's too large. I went to a landscape supplier and found the right stuff cheap

--------------------

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

InvisibleNativenglish
Novice
 User Gallery

Re: Nan's Elusive Nook... [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16191989 - 05/06/12 08:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Mostly Harmless said: "Never underestimate the power of assuming someone didn't read the entire post before replying :tongue:

Just copy and paste the full line I posted, it is a web archive snapshot of the page you seek."

Yeah, I humbly apologize for not doing exactly as you had suggested... If I would have, I would have found what I was looking for. I have never seen a web archive before, so I didn't know what I was looking at in terms of the URL. You have taught me something too! Thanks for your help, and I will be exeedingly more careful to read more thoroughly myself! Thanks Harmless...

:idhitit:

--------------------

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#16193204 - 05/07/12 01:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You're welcome! :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds