Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties
    #1616721 - 06/07/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know who the government is fooling. This is just so obvious. Are most Americans really that in the dark on this stuff? There is way too much brainwashing going on in this country. I think most Americans don't even really pay attention or care what happens in politics, so they probably aren't going to read between the lines or question anything. I must admit, up until a few months ago, I didn't pay attention to politics or the government. I had no idea there was a patriot act, nor did I care. It was kind of like waking up outside of the matrix and into the real world, my eyes have been opened.

Sometimes I talk to people and they actually believe that drug users are the scum of the earth and are criminals and should be locked away forever. Look around you everywhere, in schools, on the radio, on TV, there are ads (mind control) every few minutes telling you that drugs and drug users are bad. I don't think that is any different than racism. If you look at drug users as a race of people, a minority perhaps, this kind of oppression, persecution, maltreatment and injustice just boggles my mind. I can't believe it's been going on this long with such little outcry. Ending prohibition seems like such a radical and dangerous move at this point that if it suddenly happened one day they want you to think the effects would be equivilent to an atomic bomb going off or something. Wake up! There are drugs EVERYWHERE and they aren't going away!

And another thing, any democrat that isn't for drug reform is not a real liberal. I noticed that most of the democrats running won't even mention their stance on drugs and they avoid it like the plague. I think the drug and prohibition issue is one of the most important issues there is and most democrats are too afraid to tackle it for the fear of hurting their political image. It's a double edged sword. Most politicians are still for prohibition (or they say they are, but could be lying) because the pro-drug populace is still just a minority. I will not and will never vote for someone that is not for drug reform. I know it seems odd that I would base my voting mostly on one topic but I just can't respect someone that wants to further the oppression of drug users. Every time I would look at him I would think, "he wants me in prison, he doesn't care about my liberties."

I don't have much to say about the war on terrorism. It's still a new war, but with Ashcroft (neo-Hitler) and his latest developments, it looks like it's going to get much worse. Well if I look on the bright side, I can always listen to the idiots and just move to another country if I don't like it. Canada here I come!

...I feel like I'm preaching to the choir here. Remember, if you vote for someone that is against drug reform, you are just perpetuating the problem. Do you want prohibition to go on for another 100 years? Do you want to live in a free society again?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: ]
    #1617736 - 06/08/03 03:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it gets better, once your arrested for pot, and convicted, you loose your right to vote.

However, its totally legal for middle class, and rich white house wives to gobble down zanex and prozac to deal with their horrible unforilling lives.

Why? because if tehy smoked pot, they could just grow they're own, its not very hard, however pharmy drugs are complex chemicals that you have to $buy$.

tehy even sell marinol (sythedic THC in pill form) to people aflicted with aids, but try and grow your own YOUR GOING TO JAIL!

i highly reccomend checking out the book "Affluenza" by john De graff(Sp?)

its a very good perspective and factual work on the adverse side effects of all this mind control on our society and its individuals.

even the people who shell out the mind control arn't immune to its effects, and they've created something that is spiriling out of control.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Anonymous

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1617950 - 06/08/03 08:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah. I think that taking away someone's right to vote because of conviction is wrong. I think everyone should have the right to vote no matter what. It's just another way of oppressing people. I heard someone say once that once you take away someone's right to vote, they are no more than a slave. There are so many things I would change in this country if I could.

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
    #1618208 - 06/08/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

They also cancel any student aid you have if your in college. All loans you have taken instantly become due as well. They rape you hard for that stuff.

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1618584 - 06/08/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

heh many of these topics bring us right up to The Now where we know SOMETHING must be done, but we don't know what to do other than writing scumbag politicians and trying to spread the word..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: Strumpling]
    #1618777 - 06/08/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

spreading the word is where its at man. i could never take time to write a congressman, i might write it but i would NEVER send it, i would just throw it in the trash, and pretend i sent it. just as good in my view.

people can be affected, and can be awoken from the comatose state society creats. just dont give up on the peopl guys/and women alike, they are all we have.

the people is where the power is, and you can only have power as long as someone is willing to give it to you.

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: mike]
    #1718541 - 07/15/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

very true, man. well-said :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1718657 - 07/15/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Spreading the word ("encourage dialogue" is a nice slogan) is essential, like mike has said. But it still leaves us with your question: So what do we do NOW? (Or, What do I do now?) In other words, an aware, informed public is good, but why? What is it enough individuals might DO (or NOT do) to bring about the differences they hope to see?

What do I DO? is the golden question.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: hongomon]
    #1718922 - 07/15/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?"

CD-ROMS and fertilizer bombs.  :smile:

No, I think we're past armed rebellion at this stage.  Nuclear weapons make the right to keep and bear arms inneffective and purposeless. 

Just try to be the best worker, citizen, student, father, or whatever, and then when people recognize you for the good person that you are, let em know that you also use drugs.  I've surprised a lot of old ladies that way, and made them change their minds. 

suddenly they think: "that nice kid with the 3.5 average who helps me carry my groceries up the stairs isn't a bad person.  he doesn't deserve to be put in jail and stripped of his rights just because he likes to smoke a joint instead of drink a beer when the day is done."

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: hongomon]
    #1719044 - 07/15/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I like what Adamist said in this  thread: "Give me a super soaker full of LSD."  Imagine an army of hundreds or thousands of waterguns laying seige to the government... :lol:

The scary thing about all this is, what if America becomes serious about winning the War on Drugs?  There could be some serious shit going down. 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1719078 - 07/15/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nuclear weapons make the right to keep and bear arms inneffective and purposeless.

Sure, I can see them dropping a nuke into L.A., D.c. or N.Y.C. to stop this rebellion.

I mean really, do you actually think about your posts?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1719804 - 07/15/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Sure, I can see them dropping a nuke into L.A., D.c. or N.Y.C. to stop this rebellion."

Well, I've already seen them topple two of the world's biggest buildings to justify totalitarian legislation.

who knows what they are capable of.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: pattern]
    #1720144 - 07/16/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"what if America becomes serious about winning the War on Drugs? There could be some serious shit going down."

They're going to - they've been passing and trying to pass legislation in all sorts of new realms that should make it very easy for them to start arresting drug-users all-over - remember; drug-users support terrorism, and if you support terrorism, you are an enemy of the united states.

This is going to get really bad - not just for drug-users, guys..

--------------------

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
    #1720226 - 07/16/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

They aren't just after drug users, they are after anyone wanting social change. I do however consider some drugs bad (mostly the ones the cia sells) crank, crack, sherm, someone tell me the pros of those drugs. They are making the system less and less receptive to change, in 50 years America will be the new nazi Germany. I think armed rebellion will occur, a guerilla foco will happen, the support and scale and leadership of that revolution is what's important.

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: danelectro]
    #1720272 - 07/16/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I feel like you've all read one of David Icke's books and now you're talking about it. lol

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1720329 - 07/16/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

> This is going to get really bad - not just for drug-users, guys..

I hope not but it seems like the logical conclusion. Is it possible that the Americans devote military effort into the War on Drugs (hell, it is a War, right?).

There must be a way of "our side" winning: communication. There needs to be some positive research and public discussion of psychedelic drugs, to pull them out of the "bad drugs" category. A pre-emptive meme strike.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: pattern]
    #1720735 - 07/16/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah tell that to the right-wing-christian-coalition-conservatives. to them psychedelics are the worst drugs of all because they make you see things they don't want you to see.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1721344 - 07/16/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"I feel like you've all read one of David Icke's books and now you're talking about it. lol"

Damn, even I think that David Icke is a lunatic conspiracy theorist!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: War on Drugs, War on terrorism = War on liberties [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1721355 - 07/16/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"yeah tell that to the right-wing-christian-coalition-conservatives. to them psychedelics are the worst drugs of all because they make you see things they don't want you to see."

in other words, they make you see God outside of language, politics, and organized religion. They've nailed people to trees for the same offense.

this shit has been going on for a LONG time...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder