Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
Black mold overpowered.
    #1615510 - 06/06/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

today my boss at work told me that one of his fully colonized jars developed a little black spot that began to spread, he was going to toss it but remembered reading that mycelium can sometimes overtake mold. he decided to isolate the jar to see what would happen, as he thought the mycelium over took the black mold and everything looks fine. at this time the jar is 100% done, after he gets a makeshift terrarium made he'll birth it and see what happens. he just doesn't want to take any chances putting it in his terrarium and having it contaminate everything if the mold would reappear.

i just wanted to hear your thoughts on this, i'll post the results back when i get them.  Personally i think that the mold will continue to grow inside the cake and end up destroying it, but who knows :smile: 

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: Black mold overpowered. [Re: spiritshaper]
    #1615904 - 06/06/03 11:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Be very careful if you see a hint of black again dispose of it.... there are several black contams that can be very dangerous to your health.

I personally wouldn't mess with black contams...It's not worth it.

Anonymous

Re: Black mold overpowered. [Re: Karen]
    #1615916 - 06/06/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

break it up wearing gloves and a face mask and see if theres any black inside...if not use it for spawn or case it...I wouldn't fruit directly off of it cause it could be inside

Anonymous

Re: Black mold overpowered. [Re: ]
    #1620998 - 06/09/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I had some black mold competing with my oyster mycelium in a large grain bag.

Both colonized very fast, but why risk your health by opening it?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder