Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekoraks
Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? * 32
    #16105211 - 04/18/12 03:43 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

We practically have a racism gestapo here nowadays. I find myself looking over my shoulder every time I'm even thinking about any issue that is even remotely related to possible tensions between white and black people (uh, dark colored co-humans...pigmentally well-endowed individuals...is there a term that can still be safely used??) - I mean, before I know it, the anti-n-word-stasi creeps up behind me to finish me off with the swing of a sword that is appropriately forged  out of politically correct black-and-white steel.

Seriously though - quit being so fucking spastic about this. When somebody says the n-word in a context that has nothing to do with racial (in)equality, then sane people won't take offense - black or white. If someone points out that there are sociological differences between predominantly black and predominantly white communities that helps explain specific events, then that's not racism either.

Running around like a madman, pointing out any occurrence that might be interpreted as an indirect suggestion of potential racism only achieves the opposite of equality. It puts a disproportionate emphasis on racial issues. It is a way to declare streams of thought or discussion off limits because people who are barely represented here (and frankly don't give a fuck about this whole community) might possibly oooh-boy-don't-let-it-be-so under certain circumstances take offence.

Is that what we want? Having to watch every thought you share because 1% of the (white!!) people on here go to great lengths to purposefully misinterpret your words? Really? Because I don't want to be part of that.

I for sure am not going to ban anyone who writes 'nigger' once in a joking fashion while it's clear that he is otherwise respectful towards people of any color or creed.
This bullshit has been taken far enough and I'm done with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: koraks] * 6
    #16105213 - 04/18/12 03:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, and in case you wonder - this is not intended as a debate. It's a declaration. Respond if you will, but this is where I stand. You can accept it for what it is or you can kindly go fuck yourself.

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: koraks] * 4
    #16105215 - 04/18/12 03:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
We practically have a racism gestapo here nowadays. I find myself looking over my shoulder every time I'm even thinking about any issue that is even remotely related to possible tensions between white and black people (uh, dark colored co-humans...pigmentally well-endowed individuals...is there a term that can still be safely used??) - I mean, before I know it, the anti-n-word-stasi creeps up behind me to finish me off with the swing of a sword that is appropriately forged  out of politically correct black-and-white steel.

Seriously though - quit being so fucking spastic about this. When somebody says the n-word in a context that has nothing to do with racial (in)equality, then sane people won't take offense - black or white. If someone points out that there are sociological differences between predominantly black and predominantly white communities that helps explain specific events, then that's not racism either.

Running around like a madman, pointing out any occurrence that might be interpreted as an indirect suggestion of potential racism only achieves the opposite of equality. It puts a disproportionate emphasis on racial issues. It is a way to declare streams of thought or discussion off limits because people who are barely represented here (and frankly don't give a fuck about this whole community) might possibly oooh-boy-don't-let-it-be-so under certain circumstances take offence.

Is that what we want? Having to watch every thought you share because 1% of the (white!!) people on here go to great lengths to purposefully misinterpret your words? Really? Because I don't want to be part of that.

I for sure am not going to ban anyone who writes 'nigger' once in a joking fashion while it's clear that he is otherwise respectful towards people of any color or creed.

You said the n word I'm calling Wiccan! :smilingpuppy:

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: Everlong] * 3
    #16105217 - 04/18/12 03:45 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

He'll be in here in no-time anyway.

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: koraks] * 6
    #16105219 - 04/18/12 03:46 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

a-fucking-men.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: koraks] * 2
    #16105226 - 04/18/12 03:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

37 seconds pretty well explains my views on the whole thing.

Constantly kicking up a shitstorm about it is really detrimental to getting rid of it.

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: koraks]
    #16105229 - 04/18/12 03:49 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey are you korak on SA?

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: indica]
    #16105238 - 04/18/12 03:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Not that I know of, but I may have undiagnosed mental issues :shrug:

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: koraks]
    #16105262 - 04/18/12 04:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #16105283 - 04/18/12 04:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
a-fucking-men.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #16105284 - 04/18/12 04:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16105280#16105280
read this post, just before this one

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: starfire_xes]
    #16105297 - 04/18/12 04:33 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

haha, all the racism threads on the front page.

this is a good idea.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #16105301 - 04/18/12 04:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I just wish the black genes in me would have given me the black cock gene....i only got part of it. just gave me frizzy hair and a bit of a flat nose--oh, and long thin chicken legs that are stronger than fuck and made me the fastest guy on all the football teams I played on.  Used to piss the black guys off something terrible. :grin:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: starfire_xes]
    #16105305 - 04/18/12 04:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I think what really bugs me is that when I post something on here that I know could possibly be interpreted as a hint of racism by some politically correct zealot (regardless if it's intended as such!), I immediately feel the need to write an arm-long disclaimer on how I'm not racist. What the fuck! Of course I'm not racist! Why should I have to make that explicit whenever I feel like writing something that remotely relates to racial differences?

And if guilt-tripped white boy calls a user 'racist' - then who's actually discriminating? Who's being judgmental?

Of course, actual racism doesn't stand - it goes without saying. I don't care if it comes in the form of white people bashing Asians, black people shitting on white people or white people calling out other white people for baking a black cake. But 99% of the 'racism' reports I've seen on here as a moderator actually show no ulterior motives of racism, and half of the cases refer to posts that are formulated in such a way that they are completely passable.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #16105310 - 04/18/12 04:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hear fucking hear.

--------------------

OfflineRexter
Tripper

Loc: Florida Flag
    #16105329 - 04/18/12 04:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:underage: equivalen good post OP

--------------------
new trade list 
my own WCA V: I

"Ha! Marshall you're so funny man You should be a comedian, god damn!" Unfortunately I am I just hide behind the tears of a clown"

Meteloides said:
Stick to naturally occurring substances! Like Shrooms! And DMT! And Datura! And Amanita Phalloides! And Nutmeg! And Hemlock!
That'll expand the shit out of your DNA.
:ancientaliens:

Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: Rexter] * 2
    #16105615 - 04/18/12 07:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

it's when the niggers start acting like niggers that we have to worry.

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: Rexter] * 3
    #16105625 - 04/18/12 07:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:happyhitler:  :hitlerdance:  :lolocaust:  :blackface:  :hitler:  :kkk:  :mamba:  :slaves:  :waddymelon:  :africaface:  :bathtub40lol:  :herpderp:  :damnwtf:

shroomery is racist, probly because of how open minded we are

herp derp

OfflineSmoky McPot
Fool
Male

Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: Constantine]
    #16105670 - 04/18/12 08:04 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Constantine said:
Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
a-fucking-men.

--------------------
[quote]
Free.Your.Mind said:
jesus btw had part alien DNA
how do you think was able to preform miracles?
i look at the bible from a scientific stand point [/quote]            :africaface:

Offlinemushiefeet
Soggy Sock's Rainy Day's
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Am I the only person in the Pub who thinks this racism shit has been taken far enough? [Re: Smoky McPot]
    #16105687 - 04/18/12 08:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

About time! :fuckinawesome: people need to grow up haha.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds