Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Loc: Pala
Germination help Mexicana & Tampanensis
    #15971533 - 03/20/12 12:00 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Hoping that someone can offer help or suggestions. 11 days ago I inoculated 10 petri dishes of antibiotic malt extract agar. 2 B+ from syringe, 4 Ps. Mexicana and 4 Ps. Tampanensis both from foil prints. At this time both B+  are close to fully colonized. There is zero apparent grow on either of the Mexicana or Tampanensis dishes. Zero, not a single dish! I believe the prints are a bit over a year old. I plan to just let them sit and see if anything happens. I am wondering if this is normal? Temp is a constant 78 - 80. Is there anything else I can do? I am thinking of creating a syringe with part of the prints and letting the spores hydrate a bit and then going to agar, would this change anything? Should I just have patience?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Germination help Mexicana & Tampanensis [Re: Owsley]
    #15972081 - 03/20/12 02:35 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Anyone?

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15972128 - 03/20/12 02:52 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Patience, young one. Just like waiting for an answer.
Don't bump your own thread until 24 hours have passed.
& :yesnod: hydrate the spores before putting them on agar.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineSomeGuy
I feel better now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Germination help Mexicana & Tampanensis [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #15972170 - 03/20/12 03:00 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I'm having the same problem with my P. tampnensis. It's been on MEA for 12 days with no growth and also on whole grain rice for 10 days and not a thing :shrug: the print was dated 11/11, so they were pretty fresh, and I left them to hydrate 24 hours before innoculating. I can even see spores in the syringe, but no growth :mad2: :popcorn:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germination help Mexicana & Tampanensis [Re: SomeGuy]
    #15972211 - 03/20/12 03:09 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I make sure to let spores that are over a month old rehydrate for 7 days.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#15972436 - 03/20/12 03:53 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I know I lack patience! This hobby challenges me to work with it. I think I will let the plates sit and in the meantime create a syringe and let the spores hydrate and then try that. Thanks for your help!

Owsley

Offlinemike-corrhizae
Nerd

Loc: Canada Flag
    #15972532 - 03/20/12 04:15 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I work with prints only.
try mixing your agar a little wetter next time.
Also cooling your inoculation loupe in the middle of the plate where you intend to streak the spores makes a nice wet divot for them to germinate. This also leaves a little bit of moisture on the loupe when you are scraping from the print making it much easier.

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

Re: Germination help Mexicana & Tampanensis [Re: mike-corrhizae]
    #15972924 - 03/20/12 06:01 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Is there anything that could be done to get the current plates going? Would adding a drop or two of sterilized water help hydrate the spores? I inoculated using a inoculation loop flamed and then cooled in the agar as described above. The agar may have been a bit dryer/stiffer as some boiled over when PCing.

OfflinePersephonesquest

Loc: PNW
    #15976220 - 03/21/12 12:20 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

I am having the same problem with Mexicana. The spores I have are about a year and half old. I created a syring from print and let them hydrate 48 hrs befor putting on agar. It has been 3 weeks and no growth! Really bummed and not sure what to try next?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germination help Mexicana & Tampanensis [Re: Persephonesquest]
    #15976292 - 03/21/12 12:35 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Let them hydrate for 1 week.
& it's time to toss the agar dish & start over.

--------------------

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#15976343 - 03/21/12 12:45 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

I have lift off on one dish! Checked this morning and I can see a tiny white mound of beautiful mycelium in the middle of one of my Tampanensis dishes! I am hoping that this means there is hope for the others or at least one of the Mex! Yea!

Edited by Owsley (03/21/12 12:47 PM)

OfflinePersephonesquest

#15976360 - 03/21/12 12:50 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Excellent! I think I am starting over and praying:shocked:

OfflinePersephonesquest

#15976629 - 03/21/12 02:08 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

TranscendingLife  I will take your advice and hydrate some for a week and see if anything happens, but why would I dump the dishes? There's no contamination issues, wouldn't it make sense to just let them sit and see if anything happens? I've got space. Is it unlikely that anything would happen after 3 weeks?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15976693 - 03/21/12 02:21 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

After 3 weeks, it's not really worth it.
You can leave it if you want, but I doubt anything is going to happen w/ it.

--------------------

OfflinePersephonesquest

#15976734 - 03/21/12 02:32 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Alright, thanks for the help man....just bummed to be starting over and worried that they weren't stored properly and thus won't come alive...

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15976750 - 03/21/12 02:38 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

dude, I've failed so many times at growing out an iso, it's not even funny.
Persistence & Patience is what this hobby teaches us all.

--------------------

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#16050655 - 04/05/12 10:58 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Alright still can't get the Mexicana to germinate. Tried hydrating for 7+ days then on fairly wet agar, I also tried directly to rye, just for the hell of it. Both have produced nothing. I'm out of ideas where do I go next? Still have a good amount of spore print. Ideas?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16050683 - 04/05/12 11:06 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

try an LC. Lot's of hydration there. That's all you really got left.

--------------------

OfflineOwsley
Artisan of Acid

#16050758 - 04/05/12 11:28 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

Ugh, thanks man, I'll give it a try. Nothing left to lose! Any recipes that are known to work better for Mexicana?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #16050847 - 04/05/12 11:43 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale